Skip to Content
Back to top
What is SAP Business Application Studio?
SAP Business Application Studio is a cloud-based professional developer tool for building applications and extending SAP solutions.
With SAP Business Application Studio, you can:
- Accelerate your development projects with an industry-leading IDE and flexible high-productivity tools
- Leverage tight integration with services, technologies, and systems from SAP
- Innovate on a trusted and open enterprise platform with built-in governance, security, and DevOps
Development spaces, virtual environments equipped with the runtimes and tools required for specific development scenarios, are at the heart of SAP Business Application Studio.
Professional full-stack development
Get everything you expect and need from a modern IDE:
- Familiar desktop-like experience
- Command line
- Syntax highlighting code editor
- Integrated debugging
- Integration with Git and other source control systems
Accelerate development with visual programming:
- Straightforward tools to develop data models
- Ability to generate OData services without code
- User interface creation
- Testing with sample data
- Connection to external data
- User role management
Native development on SAP HANA
Build and deploy native applications or analytical models on SAP HANA:
- SAP HANA database explorer
- Calculation view editor
- modelling tools
- Support for build, deployment, and validation on multitarget applications
Development with SAP Fiori
Develop SAP Fiori apps for Cloud Foundry and ABAP, on premise and in the cloud:
- Guided development
- Service and application modelers
- Generator for SAP Fiori elements
- Layout editor for SAPUI5
See how customers use SAP Business Application Studio
48% reduction in customer complaints
See how Centrica used SAP Business Application Studio and the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model to increase flexibility, scalability, power, and performance.
6x faster spare parts dispatch
See how Evernex used SAP Business Application Studio to create a suite of role-specific applications to improve productivity.
Learn more about SAP Business Application Studio
Find more information in SAP Help Portal
Get access to SAP product documentation, learning journeys, and more. You can browse SAP Help Portal for the latest documentation on SAP Business Application Studio.
Connect with us in SAP Community
Join the official user community of SAP, used by software users, developers, consultants, mentors, and students to get help, share ideas, learn, and connect with others.
Discover our range of developer resources
Find just the right tools to complete your task. You can also keep up to date with the latest releases, tutorials, and best practices.
Webcast: Breaking the code on low-code platform adoption
IDC and SAP executives discuss the latest research findings from a global survey of 500+ IT and business leaders on July 27 at 11 am EDT.