What is SAP Crystal Server?
SAP Crystal Server (a named user or concurrent access license) can help you automate report distribution, allow self-service access to reports from desktops or mobile devices, provide data exploration within a secure infrastructure, simplify administration procedures, and control user management.
What versions of SAP Crystal Server are available?
What trial versions are available for free download?
Enable business users of all levels to make timely, fact-based decisions while reducing reporting backlogs and simplifying administrative tasks for your IT staff.
- Accelerate access to key information with simple keyword searches and intuitive exploration capabilities
- Empower employees to make better-informed decisions with user-friendly reports and dashboards
- Gain flexible pricing options and a single solution that delivers business intelligence (BI) essentials
- Get your unique SAP ID when starting your trial and use the same ID for your digital purchase
Build a business case
License calculator for SAP Crystal solutions
Fill in your information and get started with the SAP Crystal solutions that best fit your business needs and budget.
Where can I get assistance?
Join the SAP Community to read our FAQ, ask questions, or access installation and user guides, tutorials and videos, the latest service packs, and older version downloads.
What are our customers saying about SAP Crystal solutions?
Used successfully by small and medium-sized organisations and public institutions worldwide since 1991, SAP Crystal solutions have more than one million regular users in more than 100 countries. Read some user reviews that you can trust.
See the ratings and reviews on TrustRadius, a trusted third-party site that empowers buyers to make informed decisions based off peer reviews.
Read G2's real-time and unbiased user reviews to help you objectively assess what is best for your business.
Gartner Peer Insights
Explore user opinions collected by a leading analyst company to understand the benefits of the solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
SAP Crystal Server 2020 has two types of licenses: Named User License (NUL) and Concurrent Access License (CAL). Licensing determines access to the interfaces where documents are shared and available for viewing: BI launchpad or the SAP Business Objects Mobile app.
- SAP Crystal Server 1 NUL license includes one named user license of SAP Crystal Server 2020 and 1 license of SAP Crystal Reports 2020. It also comes with support for mobile access on iOS devices. The one NUL allows usage by a single, specific individual user only.
- SAP Crystal Server 5 CAL license includes five concurrent users, which means that only five users can access the environment at the same time. SAP Crystal Server 1 NUL is a prerequisite for SAP Crystal Server 5 CAL. After that, the customer can purchase blocks of five concurrent sessions.
Important note: Only SAP Crystal Server 2020 5 CAL includes automated publishing, a feature where the data in a report is unique for each recipient (such as invoices and statements). Automated publishing can be used for an unlimited number of unique recipients.
Read about the SAP Analytics portfolio's strategic direction and see where SAP Crystal Reports fits to help you run your business.