1. My Picture
Upload a profile photo and setup an avatar by clicking on the "Upload" link below the avatar. Adding a photo makes your profile more interesting to others and helps connect you to the community. Here are a few tips for projecting the best “you” in your profile photo:
- Full face forward: Look straight into the camera and take the shot. Show us your spark, integrity and warmth.
- Avoid common mistakes: Sunglasses, having your head turned to the side, or having another person, or even a pet. These elements may give others an unprofessional impression.
- Be professional: Wear something you’d wear to a meeting with a colleague.
- Be current: Post a photo taken within the past 12 months, if possible.
- Be aware of body language: Avoid crossing your arms, hiding your face, or propping your chin on your fist. Remain open through your body language.
2. My Bio
Click on "Edit Profile" button to insert your short introduction paragraph about yourself. It may include a brief explanation of your relation to the SAP world, a short summary of your professional experience, a statement about what you would like to accomplish while participating in the SAP Community, or any combination of the above. Click the Save button when finished.
3. My Company and Location
Click on the “Edit” link next to Company and Location and enter the information of your current company you work for. Click the Save button when finished.
4. Languages I Speak
Click on the “Edit” link next to Languages I Speak and select the languages you speak. This will inform other members about the languages in which you can converse. Click the Save button when finished.
5. Other Places You Can Find Me
Click on the “Edit” link next to Elsewhere and enter the listing of your other social media profiles, such as LinkedIn or Twitter. Click the Save button when finished.
Step 4: Using Your Profile
Your profile provides you with quick access to the following items:
- Content: An indicator of the number of content items you created in the Community. Clicking on these hyperlinks will take you to a page showing you the listing of those content items.
- My Network: The number of people that follow you and the number of people that you follow. Clicking on these hyperlinks will take you to a page showing you the listing of individuals following you and that you follow.
- Content by Me: A list that shows the most recent content you created. Clicking on these hyperlinks will take you directly to the specific content item.