Develop connected, self-aware products that are capable of sharing information about their health, location, usage level, storage conditions, and more.
The data these smart products share can help you improve everything from product quality and customer service to logistics and R&D. They can also anticipate service needs, receive remote upgrades, and open the door to new, service-based business models.
Custom products for connected customers
Learn about intelligent products fundamentals and benefits for consumers and manufacturers.
Smart factories or digital manufacturing is the utilisation of real-time data analysis, AI, and machine learning in the manufacturing process.
Smart factories use sensors on equipment to acquire and process real-time data, intelligent manufacturing allows manufacturers a complete, 360-degree high-fidelity virtual data-driven integrated view of all operations—from suppliers and supply chains, through equipment, processes, and manufacturing practices, to final product testing and customer satisfaction.
- Optimise production processes with SAP S/4HANA Manufacturing solution
- Digitise your warehouse operations with SAP Extended Warehouse Management
- Improve operations visibility with the SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud solution
- Enable low latency, autonomous operations, and cloud-based orchestration for mission-critical processes with SAP Edge Services
The future of intelligent manufacturing
See how intelligent factories support Industry 4.0 transformation.
Intelligent assets reduce downtime and increase efficiency throughout the supply chain
With intelligent assets, technicians can monitor asset performance in real time, anticipate and prevent downtime, employ dynamic and predictive maintenance, take advantage of digital twins, and tightly integrate assets and business processes. SAP solutions enable you to easily onboard assets, optimise predictive maintenance, and more.
- Improve asset performance and enhance maintenance strategies with SAP Asset Performance Management
- Collect and track equipment usage information in a central repository with SAP Business Network for Asset Management
- Leverage IoT-enriched business insights to embed in and extend business processes with SAP Internet of Things (SAP IoT) solution
- Maximise asset availability with SAP Predictive Asset Insights
The building blocks of intelligent business
Gain insights on intelligent assets and mitigating risk, downtime, and supply chain volatility.
No amount of automation, AI or ML will supplant the ingenuity of the human mind.
Empowering a business’ most valuable asset, people, is critical to success in Industry 4.0. Enable your people to manage complex tasks and unforeseen events with ad hoc decision support. Use IoT-enabled monitoring, geo-fencing, and real-time analytics to improve health and safety.
Empowering people for better business
Find out how empowering your people is critical to success in Industry 4.0.