SAP HANA version 2.0 SPS01
What’s new in SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01?
Learn why the new features introduced in the latest service pack stack (SPS 01) are ideal for supporting digital transformation in organizations that want to use the latest in-memory technology to run their business.
SPS 01: Database Enhancements
- Centralize tenant backup and recovery through an intuitive interface in SAP HANA Cockpit.
- Improve tenant security with separate access ports for different user roles and encrypted connection for end-users.
High availability and disaster recovery (HA/DR)
- Shorten set-up time for secondary nodes with faster data pre-loads using multi-streaming and parallelization.
- Increase system availability with continuous data access - on the secondary node - when the primary server is in restart mode.
Security and compliance
- Gain additional protection for sensitive and confidential data with dynamic data masking.
- Ensure that all your data and log backups are always encrypted by using native backup encryption.
- Increase application isolation, implement enhanced separation of duties, and harden your security settings by leveraging the default multi-container database mode.
- Lower the time and cost of tuning SAP HANA environments with enhanced workload and SQL analysis.
- Streamline system upgrades with expanded result comparison capabilities for replayed workloads.
- Simplify security management with the ability to monitor backup encryption from SAP HANA Cockpit.
- Get an instant snapshot of your SAP HANA landscape health with ability to monitor multiple performance KPIs in one view or drill-down for additional troubleshooting.
- Manage and monitor system replication effectively with all the information you need – including network speed and secondary system stats.
- Simplify backups by using a consistent strategy for all your SAP HANA installations with snapshot-based backup now available for multi-tenant environments.
SPS 01: Advanced Analytical Processing Enhancements
- Enable a new class of applications that take advantage of schema flexibility and semi-structured data with a native JSON document store that is accessible via SQL.
- Gather new insights by processing structured and semi-structured data in one database.
Predictive analytics and machine learning
- Create powerful predictive applications using an extended collection of pre-packaged algorithms and real-time model scoring capabilities.
- Take advantage of enhanced machine learning capabilities – now with the ability to run trained decision tree algorithms against streaming data.
Text analytics and search
- Understand your customers globally by leveraging sentiment analysis multi-language support – now with extended Arabic and Portuguese support.
- Allow your applications to search spatial data using enterprise search API.
Graph data processing
- Analyze graph data more efficiently with enhanced pattern matching and graph traversals in Cypher, expanded GraphScript support, and hierarchies in SQLScript.
SPS 01: Application Development and Tools Enhancements
- Accelerate the development of new applications with intuitive interfaces tailored to the needs of each user with support for Fiori Launch Pad in SAP HANA Extended Application Server Advanced (XSA).
- Simplify application troubleshooting and compliance with centralized tracing and access to application audit logs.
Tools and languages
- Accelerate application development with enhanced graphical modeling for calculation views in Web IDE for SAP HANA.
- Persist data in new central object (native Data Store Object - DSO) specifically designed for data warehousing (DW) scenarios.
- Take advantage of enhancement in SQLScript, new SQL Functions and multi-context support in SAP HANA Core Data Services.
SPS 01: Data Management Enhancements
Data integration and data federation
- Get a broader view of the business with more data integration sources - Apache Impala - Cloudera; PostgreSQL; Apache Camel JDBC – Generic JDBC adapter – and an enhanced file adapter for real-time access.
- Gain new insights by combining live transactional data with Big Data in the cloud with transparent access to Big Data Services (formerly Altiscale) via SAP HANA Spark Controller.
- Simplify configuration of data federation with an intuitive import/export of virtual tables across the landscapes.
- Achieve results faster as the manual creation of virtual tables is no longer required for SAP HANA to SAP HANA access through direct link.
- Expand backup options with support for third-party tools in multi-tenancy environments.
- Improve system resilience in multi-tenancy environments with support for system replication for all storage tiers.
- Enhance system performance and simplify IT landscapes by co-locating in-memory store and extended store on a single host.
SAP HANA Academy
Get the latest videos from the SAP HANA Academy showcasing SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 01 new features and functionality.