Skip to Content
Optimize manufacturing with SAP S/4HANA
Run intelligent manufacturing production processes and turn innovations into market success.
Enable intelligent manufacturing from design to operation
- Real-time insights into work center and resource capacity utilization to understand load distribution and make real-time adjustments
- Live planning that enables users to respond to demand and confirmed-order changes
- Mass production of individualized, personalized parts with minimal human intervention
- Collaboration between original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and contract service providers to enable quick fulfillment of custom orders, while reducing inventory and waste
What can SAP S/4HANA do for manufacturing?
- Coordinate manufacturing operations – from material requirements to inventory
- Adjust plans based on real-time information from your business, supplier network, and plant floor
Support for complex assembly processes
- Create efficient plans for complex assembly, covering areas such as material requirements, production, and capacity planning
- Include bills of material, routing, factory layout, and machine models
- Optimize production and material flow
- Enable flexible and efficient manufacturing processes by using methods such as lean control, continuous improvement, and just-in-time replenishment
- Boost quality and lower costs by fostering collaboration between R&D and manufacturing teams
- Leverage relevant data and smooth handovers of engineering documents, bills of material, and design changes
- Take swift action to prevent or correct issues by running closed-loop quality management processes – from planning to operations
- Support continuous improvement across the enterprise
- Optimize operations for products and production processes on one platform
- Manage production logistics more efficiently and transparently
- Automate ‘true actual’ costing for highly engineered products and projects
Learn how customers are achieving results with SAP S/4HANA
25% lower obsolescence
See how HunterDouglas is overcoming custom systems and siloed data to reduce material waste, inventory shortage, and oversupply.
AI capabilities for manufacturing
Quickly deploy artificial intelligence (AI) and intelligent robotic process automation (RPA) to help every employee make faster, more informed decisions.
Intelligent make-to-order outcomes in SAP S/4HANA
Consider how machine learning ensures inventory level optimization by enabling dynamic adjustments of buffer levels.
SAP S/4HANA release highlights for manufacturing
Explore the potential of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2102
Walk through top innovations that can help your business advance its manufacturing processes faster and simpler.
See the top highlights of SAP S/4HANA 2020
Learn more about the key innovations for SAP S/4HANA 2020 in the area of Manufacturing.
Back to top