Student Training And Rotational Program (STAR)
Dream. Develop. Deliver.
Prepare for an exciting, fast-paced career at SAP before you graduate. Develop technical, business, and personal skills and gain real-world industry experience.
Jump-start your career with SAP Ireland
The SAP STAR program in Ireland helps students accelerate their career at SAP through training in SAP’s cutting-edge technologies and combining this with personal and professional development and coaching. SAP Ireland offers paid on-the-job experience through multiple internships in our many lines of business. The program also provides financial and technical support to students across the final 2 years of their studies.
SAP has partnered with Dublin City University (DCU), National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG), University College Dublin (UCD) and Technical University of Dublin (TU Dublin) to help high potential business and computer science students develop their professional and technical skills prior to graduation. As part of the program students will work with SAP team in our offices in Dublin and Galway. Opportunities also arise for students to work at SAP offices around the world, including at our headquarters near Heidelberg, Germany.
Learn more about the experience
- The SAP STAR Ireland, is a 2-year program that combines university study with on-the-job training as an intern in SAP Ireland’s offices in Dublin and Galway.
- The program aims to hire, develop and incorporate early talent with competitive skills into our company.
- As a STAR student you will get the opportunity to work in interesting and challenging roles during the summer breaks and through your third-year placement.
- The program aims to expose you to as many aspects of our business as possible, while building fundamental technical and personal skills that you will need over the course of your career.
- The program includes classroom-based SAP product training, rotational practical placements, one-to-one mentoring and professional coaching.
- You may even get the chance to do a practical phase abroad in any of the SAP offices located in over 78 countries.
- All practical placements are paid at competitive rates and participating students receive a study stipend during their academic phases.
New hires globally in 2019
What's in it for you?
Hear from the SAP STAR program students
STAR students have a unique opportunity in Ireland to study at college and build industry experience simultaneously. They bring fresh approaches to how SAP does business and in return they bring their practical experience back to college with them.
SAP colleagues and mentors are really supportive in providing technical help and training while on the STAR program. Certification in SAP technologies is a real boost to my resume.
The opportunities to develop technically and professionally are unsurpassed. I’ve learned a lot about SAP tech and got a chance to develop soft skills that I can use throughout my career.
You may also be interested in...
Life at SAP
We go to great lengths to ensure you have every opportunity to succeed – in your own way. Flourish in an environment that encourages free expression, collaboration, individuality, and diversity. Learn how we operate, innovate, work, play, and give back – to make sure we’re the right fit for you.
Combine your talents with SAP opportunities to create an amazing career. We’ll be your biggest cheerleaders and provide you with the development tools, training, and support you need to turn your career dreams into reality.
People who do great work deserve great support. That’s why we care about building a culture of flexibility, learning, and belonging. At SAP, you can customize your benefits experience to meet your personal and professional needs and support a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.