When developing interface software eligible for SAP integration certification, partners and ISVs must use SAP-endorsed integration technologies. SAP tests the interface software or connector for correct implementation of SAP-endorsed technologies or stability in an SAP software environment, depending on the type of certification.
Co-Innovation and Certification
Co-Innovation and Certification
Certify Your Software
We help partners and ISVs support our customers by testing and certifying integration of solutions with SAP technologies.
SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) provides services focused on third-party software integration with SAP solutions. The center offers an open program for partners and independent software vendors (ISVs) that wish to have their solution or interface certified for the latest SAP technologies.
The "SAP Certified" designation is not liberally awarded. Certified-solution providers must pass a stringent set of qualification procedures based on SAP-endorsed integration technologies before receiving SAP-certified status.
Benefits for customers
- Access to additional functionalities and services: SAP-certified solutions are listed in our online directory, where the public can find innovative, partner-built cloud applications powered by SAP HANA and solutions integrated with SAP Business Suite software from more than 1,000 ISVs and software partners.
- Reduced implementation effort: Pretested integration with SAP solutions enables customers to save on total cost of ownership and cut integration costs.
- Accelerated innovation: Certified solutions follow SAP standards for technical integration and, if recertified on a regular basis, support upgrades with minimal interruptions.
- Integration with SAP Solution Manager: Product and software component versions certified by SAP ICC are visible in SAP Solution Manager, speeding up support interactions.
Benefits for partners
- Direct prospects to the online directory listing of certified solutions so they can search and find your solution
- Join the SAP PartnerEdge program to take advantage of additional go-to-market opportunities
- Showcase products at SAP events, such as the SAP Sapphire and SAP TechEd conferences
- Use "SAP Certified" logos on marketing materials
SAP offers certifications for a variety of applications deployed on SAP technology. SAP partners and ISVs use a wide range of integration scenarios.
Need advice on which scenarios or technologies to use? An integration assessment can put you on the right path toward certification.
Begin with a live virtual call with an SAP expert to discuss your integration requirements. Within 10 business days, you will receive a summary of recommendations for the best possible integration points.
Apply for Software Integration Certification
To certify a new software integration or recertify an existing solution, please complete our application form.
Software integration certifications are valid for three years for most integration scenarios. Certification scenarios for cloud and SAP HANA integrations are valid for only one year, due to a high frequency of updates.
Begin a new certification
After your application is submitted and the certification contract is signed, you are ready to begin the certification process, which involves:
- Preparation: Your dedicated SAP consultant provides a test plan. Your engineers prepare the testing under the consultant's guidance and schedule a certification date.
- Certification testing: The SAP consultant monitors and logs the test results while your engineer conducts the actual testing, including the integration setup and data exchange.
- Post-certification promotion: You receive a detailed, confidential test report and a certificate that can be used to promote the endorsement to customers. The solution appears in our online directory within a few days. Certification is valid worldwide.
Recertify an existing solution
When you sign up for recertification, a consultant from SAP ICC discusses the latest technologies with you and provide input and recommendations.
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider keeping your certification up to date:
- Get the latest technology: As product versions change, so do SAP interfaces. Make SAP integration certification an integral part of your development plan to take advantage of the latest innovations that benefit your business, solution, and customers.
- Tap into our expertise: Let your developers focus on your core product while experts from SAP ICC handpick information relevant for you and provide the recommendations that can maximize returns from your development efforts.
- Faster sales cycles: Avoid the need for additional test demo sessions during the sales cycle by certifying your latest product release. Your engineers and sales teams can position your solution's certified integration so you can take advantage and align with SAP customer migration and upgrade paths and give customers the peace of mind that comes from an SAP endorsement.
Frequently asked questions
Learn about certifying software built, using, or integrated with SAP technology, including SAP HANA, SAP Business Technology Platform, ABAP, SAP Business One, or SAP Business Suite.
SAP ICC helps secure SAP certification that verifies that an application or solution developed by you integrates smoothly with an SAP software environment. With access to resources, test systems, and SAP consulting experts, you are guided through each step of the certification process.
Certification fees depend on the technology used and scope of testing. Costs typically range from €3,500 or less (for solutions based on SAP Business One or SAP Business Technology Platform, for example) to €15,000 (add-ons based on ABAP) or €20,000 (back-up tools for SAP HANA). The certification fee includes all necessary consulting and testing services carried out by a consultant from SAP ICC. Most certifications are conducted remotely. These fees do not take into consideration your own development resources or test system access costs.
The certification test itself takes one day or less. However, the time it takes to get your solution ready for certification can vary. A typical certification based on a predefined scenario can be finished within roughly two months. Contact us early on in the development process to consult with us.
Once we have signed a contract to certify the integration, you will be assigned a dedicated consultant by SAP ICC. Your engineers will prepare the testing under the guidance of this consultant and schedule a certification date. We provide you with a test plan ahead of time, so you can prepare your solution.
During any certification test, the SAP consultant monitors and logs the test results, while your engineers drive the actual testing, including the integration set-up and data exchange. Your software remains under your control at all times.
Once the testing is concluded successfully, you will receive a detailed and confidential test report, a certificate, and the appropriate certification logo that you can use to promote the successful certification to your customers. In addition, your fully certified solution will be listed in our online directory within a few days. This gives your company exposure to the thousands of customers that visit SAP.com each day
If you need remote access to an SAP-maintained system during testing, you can use the SAP Remote Access and Connectivity (SAP RAC) service. This professionally hosted and maintained landscape of fully configured SAP software systems, including sample data, can simplify the integration testing of your interface to SAP solutions. You can choose between exclusive-use or low-cost shared systems. The cost varies depending on the number of users who need access, the period of time during which access is needed, and whether you choose the exclusive-use or shared system. Prices start at €3,500 for three shared systems, with three users, for a three-month period. You can also sign up for longer periods of time at considerably lower rates.
Discover how SAP partners are gaining competitive advantages and growing their business.
SAP certified solution eOS delivers digital energy services for utilities
Hear about SAP OEM partner energyOS’s experience working with SAP and getting their solution eOS certified with help from the SAP Integration and Certification Center team.
Providing content-rich commerce experiences
Explore e-Spirit's integration journey with SAP and how it simplified the delivery of immersive, content-driven commerce experiences.
Reducing the risks of solution implementations
Get a glimpse into Bizadept Consulting GmbH's experience with SAP ICC and the recent certification of its second solution, EWM Advanced Cycle Counting 1.0.
SAP Partner Adoption Center
Accelerate and foster co-innovation between SAP and its ecosystem.
Located at SAP Labs in Shanghai and Beijing, sites supporting the SAP Partner Adoption Center initiative aim to make adoption of SAP solutions and technologies simpler and quicker for SAP partners. The centers provide a central point of contact to co-innovate and connect with experts from development, business development, go-to-market, and testing.