Innovating with SAP Business Technology Platform
SAP applications hold customers' most mission-critical information and knowledge – and the SAP Business Technology Platform brings them all together to unleash unparalleled impact. At SAP TechEd, we're launching new use cases for SAP BTP as well as new cloud, analytics, and integration capabilities to empower customers to innovate faster, discover deeper insights, and drive better business outcomes, ensuring that the whole continues to be greater than the sum of the parts.
Get started with 10 new use cases
SAP announces that 10 new use cases are available to help customers get started with SAP BTP. These assets are designed to enable SAP customers with customer-proven, business outcome-driven examples to accelerate understanding and adoption of SAP BTP. The new use cases provide step-by-step guidance on how to get started and unlock business outcomes. They are backed by support from topic experts.
Explore how these use cases can help you get started with SAP BTP. Read more at the SAP Discovery Center Site.
New readiness capabilities for mission-critical workloads
Customers can now use SAP BTP in new cloud environments and locations from SAP and hyperscalers.
Development operations have been enhanced with additional capabilities to make business processes and mission-critical workloads available in the cloud. Multi-availability zone (AZ) support now covers 100 services, for example. This means support for these 100 services can be distributed across multiple zones, preventing a single-source-of-failure infrastructure incident. Applications can now also be moved automatically from one availability zone to another in case of network issues or other debilitating circumstances.
These and other enhancements in 2022 have increased the reliability and resilience of SAP BTP in the cloud. New implementation guidelines are now available that provide technical recommendations and reference architectures for services available on SAP BTP and cloud infrastructure to help optimize and accelerate customers' cloud migration.
Visit the SAP Trust Center for details on available data centers, security, compliance, privacy, and cloud service performance.
Enabling a new class of intelligent data apps
SAP customers and partners can now use the SAP HANA® Cloud database as a foundation to create intelligent data apps that are self-learning and adaptable.
These apps leverage built-in algorithms for machine learning and AI. They can also process combinations of data types, including relational, graph, and spatial. Both functionalities are enabled by SAP HANA Cloud, a multi-tier data foundation powering modern analytical and transactional workloads with smart multi-model processing capabilities.
Esri, the global market leader in geographic information management (GIS) software, is one example of a company working with SAP to build this new class of applications. Esri runs its ArcGIS application on SAP HANA Cloud to process spatial and non-spatial data at the source, eliminating the need to copy data or have multiple business or geospatial systems.
Together, SAP and Esri cover the breadth and depth of geo-enabled business processes. Developers can extend applications or create entirely new ones that work within the SAP software and Esri environments. With SAP HANA Cloud, business data and external spatial data sources can be unified in-memory for instant access and accelerated spatial processing.
Learn more about SAP HANA Cloud.
It's available on SAP Store here.
SAP Analytics Cloud delivers a unified user experience
SAP announces a new, unified user experience in the SAP Analytics Cloud solution, combining story design and composable analytics development to empower business users to discover reliable insights hidden within data.
"At Red Bull, we're using SAP Analytics Cloud for a number of mission-critical analytics and planning use cases leveraging both the stories capabilities and analytics designer," said Christian Stoxreiter, Global Head of Business Applications at Red Bull. "We're excited about SAP's vision of bringing both together in a simplified and even more powerful user experience. We look forward to participating in the planned beta program as part of our continuous, long-term collaboration with SAP."
The new, unified user experience simplifies analytics for visualization and analytical application building. This builds on the optimized story experience enhancements already delivered this year to elevate performance and boost story usability.
Users no longer need to decide in advance between creating a new story or a new analytics application. They can simply start with a story and then extend it with scripting, custom widgets, and other developer capabilities. This provides a continuum from simple self-service data visualization to more sophisticated analytic applications. These updates allow business analysts to extend data visualizations with advanced capabilities, such as applying a customized theme or widget. Application developers can collaborate with business analysts in one place and administrators can reduce the number of stories and analytical applications to manage.
Learn more about SAP Analytics Cloud.
Out of the box integrations for SAP applications
SAP continuously enhances its integration footprint to help customers achieve better business outcomes across the entire value chain and today announces a broad range of new integrations to benefit customers. These include improved functional integrations across leading end-to-end processes for the intelligent enterprise, a central access point across cloud solutions from SAP, and enhanced options for hybrid integration scenarios.
The latest integrations benefit the following processes:
- Recruit to retire: Integration between SAP Fieldglass® solutions and SAP S/4HANA helps businesses stay compliant with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) through automatic accounting accruals for external workforce payables and receivables, eliminating the need for manual or custom integrations.
- Lead to cash: Integration between the SAP CPQ and SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management solutions shortens the time to market for solutions with bundled subscriptions, service contracts, and commercial products in hybrid deployments.
Additional updates provide:
- A seamless user experience: SAP Start is a common, preconfigured, SAP-managed landing page with standard business content from all connected cloud solutions from SAP.
- One workflow in-box: The SAP Task Center service provides an in-box to serve as one central place to manage approvals across SAP applications. It is now also available for SAP Ariba Sourcing, SAP Ariba Buying® solutions, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition and SAP Build Process Automation. The SAP Task Center on SAP BTP comes with a Web frontend or can be accessed on the SAP Mobile Start app for IOS and now also for Android.
- Integration with multiple scenarios: The new Edge Integration Cell runtime for SAP Integration Suite, currently in beta, lets customers run cloud-to-cloud, cloud-to-ground, and ground-to-ground integration scenarios – on the public cloud of their choice.
- Integration methodology: An updated version of SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology helps customers define and execute an integration strategy tailored to their specific needs. A new mission for SAP Discovery Center is now available to help customers get started with SAP Integration Suite.
Read more about integration highlights here.
Innovations in the SAP Integration Suite
SAP Integration Suite provides comprehensive integration capabilities that work across heterogeneous landscapes – from cloud to on-premise and third-party applications. Customers can manage their enterprise integration workloads to support real-time digital business needs with a single solution.
SAP Integration Suite, advanced event mesh, is a new capability that shows the state of disparate applications in real time and provides scalable, resilient real-time business transactional processing. Different systems can now exchange real-time notifications about status changes, such as point-of-sale retail transactions, connected-factory output notifications, and distributed supply chain updates. This means enterprises can support critical business processes in real time across SAP and third-party applications, leading to optimized operations and improved customer experiences.
SAP Integration Suite now enables users to:
- Connect and build applications that are situationally aware across distributed applications with modern event mesh and API-based, high-throughput integrations
- Dynamically route events from one application to other applications using distributed high-performance event brokers with filtering capabilities
- Connect and process volumes of events across three different scenarios: from SAP software systems to third-party technology; from third-party to third-party systems; and from SAP software to SAP software systems
Read the road map. Learn more about moving to the cloud from legacy integration solutions here.
It's available on SAP Store here.