- . Deliver better overall reviews with more professional feedback
If you want to improve worker performance, you must first provide employees with clear and consistent feedback. Leading automated performance review systems include writing and goal setting tools to help managers communicate their thoughts more effectively so they can provide:
- Instant form routing and other paperless online processes
- Writing assistants to help managers complete appraisal forms
- Legal scan wizards to ensure legality of review language
- Automated goal management and performance review reminders
- Coaching tools to assist managers when they need it most
- Goal alignment, tracking and cascading capabilities
- Easy-to-access dashboards to deliver company-wide or individual reports
- . Speed the review-writing process up to 10x
The best automated solutions include tools that help both managers and employees complete the performance review process in considerably less time - up to 10 times faster. Typical time-saving features include:
- Built-in writing assistants. These time-saving tools provide managers with a detailed list of competencies for common job types, then offer suggestions about appropriate language to use when writing evaluations
- 360 automation. Functionality that lets users select raters for 360 reviews and solicit their feedback with just a few clicks
- Operational efficiency. A web-based performance review system enables employees to route their self-review to their manager, who can in turn route the completed review to anyone in the organization for final approval and electronic signature. You no longer need to rely on a cumbersome, outdated process of emailing and printing documents.
SAP SuccessFactors saved our managers two hours per review which improved our ability to stay focused on customers. The productivity improvements were enormous.
— Vincent Smythe, Director, Macrovision (600 Employees)
- . Easily collect and analyze performance data to gain powerful insights
With most paper-based systems, employee reviews usually get filed away somewhere, never to be seen again. But an automated solution collects feedback and other valuable information and stores it conveniently online where can be utilized by authorized personnel. By making this important data available company-wide, managers can always find the information they need to make the best business decisions possible.
Leading automated systems allow you to:
- Track your company's overall progress against its goals
- Identify key strengths and weaknesses, organizational skills, total-rewards drivers, and other employee performance trends
- Determine competency gaps and pinpoint any missing organizational skills
- Closely monitor any rise (or fall) in employee ratings
- Assess employee rating distributions across the company, so you can appropriately reward your best performers.
- . Facilitate a structured and effective goal planning process
Like most companies, your organization expects its people to deliver bottom-line business results. Yet leading industry studies have shown that nearly 95% of workers are unaware of their employer's specific business objectives and what they can do to help achieve them.
Automated performance review solutions bridge this gap by automating the process of creating, cascading, monitoring, and measuring performance against goals. By helping to create relevant and achievable goals for employees, these systems help:
- Employees and managers achieve more—in less time—by providing greater visibility into both individual and company-wide goals
- Employees and managers understand how their individual goals match up with the company's business objectives
- Employees cascade his/her goals to others in the company, creating greater shared responsibility
- Managers stay up-to-date on employees' progress, allowing them to provide immediate reinforcement or coaching to keep performance and goals on track.
According to a recent Harvard Business Review article, research shows that a full 37% of employee activity is not aligned with overall business strategy.
- . End the hassle of chasing down review forms and feedback
Say goodbye to the endless nagging and time-consuming task of soliciting reviews and input from managers and employees. Switch over from your paper-based performance review process to an automated system and enjoy:
- Electronic form routing. Automatically route forms to managers and HR for review/approval, saving your company hundreds of hours in administrative time
- Centralized online access. Provide instant web-based access to reviews and all required forms—eliminating the need to make countless paper copies
- Automated email reminders. Remind participants via email to submit their reviews and feedback, instead of having to physically track people down
- . Simplify the legal monitoring of performance reviews
As you know, review rating inconsistencies, as well as inappropriate word choices used by managers, can expose your company to legal action from disgruntled employees. Fortunately, some automated performance review solutions offer legal-scan functions that double-check each review from a legal perspective. Such built-in scans can identify and flag words that may be legally sensitive (such as remarks regarding age or ethnicity), explain the legal considerations, and offer alternative wording suggestions. This powerful functionality greatly simplifies the legal monitoring of your performance reviews—saving staff time, reducing lawyers' fees, and safeguarding your company from legal risk.