SAP Sapphire News Guide 2022
Chapter 3: Enabling Business Process Transformation
Every industry has unique business needs, functions, and processes that require customization of basic solution functionality. While cloud solutions in general support agile, continuous innovation, SAP’s unparalleled experience helping companies across industries create and connect digital business processes enable businesses to move to the cloud and truly transform and innovate there.
The new, intelligent SAP Service Cloud powers the future of customer service
The latest release of the SAP Service Cloud solution drastically improves organizations’ ability to deliver on their brand promise with better visibility, greater accountability, and faster time to resolution through new dynamic case management and case modelling capabilities. Further customer benefits include:
- Put the service agent back in control with a reimagined agent console that provides instant visibility of every customer interaction
- Drive greater accuracy and accountability with powerful case management workflows that makes sure the right expertise is applied to resolving customer issues
- Help agents resolve issues faster and deliver better customer experiences through Qualtrics® XM Discover, which use AI and conversational analytics to enable contact center teams to automate post-call tasks and flag compliance risks
- Enable remote workers to engage with customers and collaborate to solve critical issues through native integration with Microsoft Teams
- Increase business agility and enhanced services experiences through low-code, no-code application development with the SAP AppGyver® tool, which enables nontechnical users to adapt applications to meet the evolving needs of the service experience
- Achieve greater speed, scalability, and availability in the cloud by supporting all hyperscaler platforms
Cloud ERP helps industry leaders unlock innovation
SAP ERP software has been helping enterprises run at their best for more than 50 years. Today, thousands of companies of all sizes and across industries drive business innovation with SAP S/4HANA Cloud and RISE with SAP. This comprehensive solution includes cloud ERP for every business need, industry-next practices and extensibility, analytics and business process intelligence, and outcome-driven services from SAP and our partners. The offering enables companies to become intelligent, sustainable enterprises in the cloud.
This year at the SAP Sapphire and ASUG Accelerate conferences in Orlando, leading enterprises are showcasing the ways they use cloud ERP to drive top-line, bottom-line, and green-line growth. Companies presenting include American Air Filter Company Inc. (AAF), Baker Hughes Company, The Chemours Company, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, Ecobat LLC, Energizer Holdings Inc., HCL Technologies Ltd., Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team, Nestle S.A., Organon & Co., PricewaterhouseCoopers, Suncor Energy Inc., Tate and Lyle plc, TELUS Agriculture Solutions Inc., Topcon Corporation, and others.
At SAP Sapphire, SAP will also share its own business transformation story using RISE with SAP.
Learn more about RISE with SAP.
SAP and Accenture partner to help large enterprises drive new value from cloud services and business innovation
On May 3, Accenture and SAP introduced a new joint offering combining the RISE with SAP solution and the SOAR with Accenture services solution. The partnership will enable large enterprises to move to the cloud and deliver continuous innovation by helping them keep a clean core on SAP S/4HANA Cloud. This clean core can then be extended and integrated with other cloud-native business solutions through SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP).
RISE with SAP and SOAR with Accenture brings together the essential components businesses need for cloud-based transformation - including integrated delivery, cloud infrastructure management, application management, and operations services - in an integrated delivery model. Enterprise applications can be composed to meet bespoke needs using the extension and integration capabilities of SAP BTP. The joint offering drives optimized business processes that can result in sustainable improvements and accelerated innovation.
This new joint offering draws on Accenture’s experience as one of the first large enterprises to run its core financial operations on a single, global instance of SAP S/4HANA. Accenture will deploy RISE with SAP with the goal of achieving greater agility, innovation, and value.
Learn more about RISE with SAP and SOAR with Accenture.
Google Cloud and SAP expand partnership to enable native integration between Google Workspace and SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Google Cloud and SAP are unveiling new integrations between Google Workspace and SAP S/4HANA Cloud. These native integrations let customers connect core SAP software designed for running mission-critical processes in the cloud with the collaborative capabilities of Google Docs and Google Sheets to innovate how work gets done across the enterprise.
Learn more about the Google Cloud and SAP software integration.
SAP, Microsoft, and EY help financial services organizations transform business in the cloud
SAP, Microsoft, and EY are collaborating to help banks, insurers, and capital markets organizations drive business transformation in the cloud. Microsoft’s move to RISE with SAP is a testament to the commitment and strength of SAP and Microsoft’s ongoing partnership to simplify customers’ journeys to the cloud by accelerating adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud on Microsoft Azure. EY’s solutions for SAP’s industry cloud combine EY’s knowledge and experience in financial services with EY industry-specific intellectual property and integrated technology solutions. Leveraging the infrastructure of Microsoft, solutions from SAP, and transformation services from EY provides for a powerful trio for driving business value and innovation in the cloud.
Microsoft and EY will be hosting a luncheon at Sapphire Orlando for FSI organizations.
SAP and IBM continue driving cloud adoption in the financial services industry
Building on the 2021 launch of IBM Cloud for Financial Services, SAP and IBM continue collaborating to deliver high-value hybrid cloud services that meet the strict security and compliance requirements of the financial services industry (FSI). By targeting and extensively testing key FSI workloads, the SAP and IBM teams have validated the following SAP solutions, which can now be delivered on the IBM Cloud for Financial Services platform:
- SAP S/4HANA: includes integrated applications, intelligent technologies, and, when combined with SAP BTP, a comprehensive digital platform that enables banks to better serve customers.
- SAP Adaptive Server® Enterprise: a high-performance, proven relational database designed to meet the heavy demand for performance, reliability, and efficiency in transaction-intensive industries like financial services.
SAP expands localization of SAP S/4HANA Cloud to help enterprises meet changing regulations
SAP helps enterprises run mission-critical operations at global scale with localized solutions that build on our decades of expertise to address country-specific regulatory requirements. SAP announces plans to add 16 additional countries by 2023 to the 43 for which we already provide localization for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the cloud ERP for every business need.
With business processes adapted to meet local regulatory needs and with preconfigured local content for core business processes, enterprises can immediately adapt to a range of financial reporting standards, legal frameworks, tax calculations, and logistics scenarios. SAP also provides new capabilities to help enterprises adapt to business- and country-specific requirements using localization extensibility.
Together, SAP S/4HANA Cloud and the SAP Document and Reporting Compliance solution enable global business-readiness. SAP Document and Reporting Compliance supports electronic invoicing, real-time reporting, and statutory reporting obligations. Since its release in 2021, the solution has been extended to cover 54 countries and more than 300 regulations, helping customers scale compliance, reduce risk, and increase efficiency and operational sustainability.
SAP explores how to accelerate enterprise cryptocurrency payments
SAP has signed a co-innovation agreement with BitPay, the world’s largest provider of bitcoin and cryptocurrency payment services, to explore how to simplify and accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrencies in the enterprise. By providing secure and compliant crypto payment options through the SAP digital payment add-on, enterprise customers could potentially take advantage of the unique benefits of crypto payments for business processes such as procurement, e-commerce, and payroll.
Enterprises can pay or accept cryptocurrencies without having to buy, own, or take custody of cryptocurrencies because payment service providers like BitPay can convert cryptocurrencies into a fiat currency shielding enterprises from price volatility risk.
SAP continues to help future-proof its customers and provide solutions for digital transformation, including innovations in the dynamic blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
Find more details about use cases and benefits in this blog post.
SAP Dynamic Visit Planning helps organizations optimize sales execution
The new SAP Dynamic Visit Planning solution helps manage retail account visits for sellers. The solution consistently optimizes account visits through simple, efficient planning functionality. By optimizing travel routes based on data points like geographic location of sales representatives out in the field and account priority ratings, sellers don’t have to figure out commuting details between accounts and can focus on best serving retailers.
Learn more about SAP Dynamic Visit Planning.
SAP expands its mobile experience for the intelligent enterprise
SAP is further expanding its mobile experience with new and updated applications, all featuring the latest Horizon visual theme from SAP Fiori® user experience to provide engaging native mobile experiences.
Specific enhancements include:
- The SAP Mobile Start app adopts the SAP Task Center service and offers new mobile personas:
- SAP Mobile Start is a native app available in the App Store that serves as the mobile entry point to the SAP solution portfolio and is a showcase for the new Horizon theme of the SAP Fiori UX. The new design direction allows for a more modern, accessible, and enjoyable user experience.
- SAP Task Center enables integration with SAP applications to provide all workflow tasks in one place. It is integrated in SAP Mobile Start, so all tasks assigned to the user can be accessed on their mobile device.
- New content is now available for purchaser and strategic buyer, auditor, and yard logistics operator personas.
- The SAP Service and Asset Manager mobile app combines the SAP Field Service Management solution mobile app and the SAP Enterprise Asset Management solution in a single app:
- SAP Service and Asset Manager extends support for highly skilled workers to field service management, empowering workers with complex information and business logic, whether they’re connected to the network or working offline.
- The SAP Direct Distribution mobile app improves “last mile” delivery efficiency:
- SAP Direct Distribution is a next-generation native mobile app enabling a comprehensive direct store delivery process based on a core component that provides last mile distribution functionality. Delivery drivers get intuitive assistance for an efficient and paperless execution of the “last mile.” The solution increases efficiency and data accuracy while reducing costs.
- The SAP Ariba® Shopping mobile app beta version brings next-generation shopping to mobile:
- SAP Ariba Shopping is our next-generation shopping experience, addressing a broad audience on mobile devices. The app includes augmented reality functionality for a personalized, intuitive, and sustainable shopping experience, anywhere and anytime.
SAP updates pricing structure on SAP Store to make it easier for partners to build and commercialize solutions for SAP customers
To deliver increased value to our partners to the benefit of customers, SAP is removing barriers to commercializing partner solutions and eliminating the fees to participate on SAP Store.
Some revenue share pricing for partners has been reduced so partners can focus on building solutions that integrate with and extend SAP offerings, then commercializing them – for free – on SAP Store. As a result, customers will be able to find even more innovative solutions from our partners that meet their specific business and industry needs.
Our simplified revenue-sharing model for partners building software (as members of SAP PartnerEdge®, Build, program track) spans three tiers:
- Content tier: Revenue share has been reduced from 15% to zero, giving partners the option of publishing solutions for free on SAP Store.
- Integration tier: Revenue share has been reduced from 20% to 15%, which includes access to SAP Integration Suite, basic edition, and the ability to publish solutions and complete transactions on SAP Store.
- Platform tier: Revenue share remains at 25%. This tier enables partners to integrate with and build on core SAP solutions through SAP Business Technology Platform and to publish solutions and complete transactions on SAP Store.
SAP Store (store.sap.com) is the online marketplace that connects partners, customers, prospects, and SAP account executives. It’s where customers can discover, try, buy, and renew more than 2,000 solutions from SAP and our partners.
Learn more on the latest SAP Store updates in this blog post.