In 2016, we received the following awards and recognition for our performance and efforts related to sustainability:
- Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
SAP ranked as software sector lead for the 10th consecutive year.
- NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability 50 Index
- Newsweek Global 500 Green Ranking
- Ethibel Sustainability Index (ESI) Excellence Europe and Ethibel Sustainability Index (ESI) Excellence Global
- Good Company Ranking
SAP ranks third among DAX30 companies.
- Building Public Trust Award for Innovation in Integrated Reporting
- oekom Prime Rating
- CDP A-rating
SAP is the sector leader for IT and telecommunication services in the DACH (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) region.
- AAA ranking by MSCI
Our social investment programs were recognized with the following awards:
- "Germany – Land of Ideas" initiative
SAP was recognized as the "Public Favorite" for the development of a free massive open online course (MOOC) on the openSAP platform to help volunteers teach German language classes to refugees. Developed in partnership with Germany's largest welfare organization Der Paritätische Wohlfahrtsverband, the "You Can Do It Too! German for Asylum Seekers" course helped guide nearly 10,000 volunteers in their efforts to set up or teach German classes in their community.
- Civic 50 listing
SAP America was recognized for its strong commitment to employee volunteerism and community, earned in part for our Early College High Schools initiative. This gives high-need students the opportunity to earn both a high school and post-secondary degree in a business-related or technology-related field. Students receive academic and real-world job training, as well as access to mentoring, which provides them with a simpler path to jobs in the technology sector.
- International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE) Inspiring Practice Award
Every two years, IAVE recognizes a global company that has created a high impact volunteer initiative. In November, SAP received this award for our SAP Social Sabbatical program.
- MIT Inclusive Innovation Competition
SAP received this top corporate honor for our Africa Code Week initiative.
- C4F award ("Education of the Future" category)
SAP received this award from the World Communications Forum in Davos for our work on Africa Code Week.
In addition, SAP received numerous awards for being a globally recognized employer of choice:
- Global EDGE certificate
- HRC Foundation's 2016 Corporate Equality Index
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work (4x) as well as Highest Rated CEO (2x)
- Fortune magazine ranked SAP #41 on their 2016 list of 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity
- Top Employer regional certificate for Middle East, Europe, and China (12 Top Employer wins)
- Forbes list of America's Best Large Employers of 2016
- BrandZ top 100 most valuable brand and top 20 most valuable B2B brand
- Top Companies Leadership Index for Women in Tech; Anita Borg Institute
- First for Best Companies to Start Your Career; Você S/A magazine
- Asia Recruitment Awards (14 wins)
- The Firm Awards winner:
- Best Diversity and Inclusion Recruitment Strategy
- Best Emerging Talent Recruitment Programme
- The Recruiter Awards: SAP was honored as a winner and as "highly commended" for three categories:
- Winner: Most Effective Employer Brand Development
- Highly Commended: Best Candidate Experience, Autism At Work
- Highly Commended: Innovation in Recruitment, Autism At Work
- The Employer Brand Management Awards 2016 winners:
- Gold: Best Diversity Branding
- Gold: Innovation in Employer Branding, Autism at Work Program
- Silver: Best Digital Campaign
- Silver: Best Communication of the Employer Brand to an External Audience
- Bronze: Best Ongoing Commitment to Employer Brand
- Bronze: Innovation in Employer Branding, Employment Brand Menu
- #1 in Online Social Media and Talent Communication in Europe by Potentialpark
- 10 Great Place to Work Awards
- Among best companies for graduates (in multiple countries) by trendence