NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION IN THE SAP INNOVATION AWARDS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES.
VOID OUTSIDE OF ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELARUS, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), CHILE, CHINA, COLOMBIA, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, EGYPT, ETHIOPIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, MEXICO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NIGERIA, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, PERU, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, PORTUGAL, QATAR, REPUBLIC OF KHAZAKHSTAN, RUSSIAN FEDERATION, SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH KOREA, SAUDI ARABIA, SPAIN, ESWATINI, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, THAILAND, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, THE UNITED STATES, VENEZUELA (THE “ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES”) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Introduction. The SAP Innovation Awards (the “Awards” or “Innovation Awards”) is a skill based contest in which Entrants (defined below) will submit an Entry Form and Pitch Deck (the combination of the Entry Form and Pitch Deck being an “Entry” or “Entries”) demonstrating
· How a business organization that uses SAP products or services (an “SAP Customer(s)”) has successfully deployed a business application that utilizes any SAP software product, cloud based service, or other technology in its organization as represented by the following Entry categories: Social Catalyst, Industry Leader, Business Innovator, Transformation Champion, Cloud Genius and Adoption Superhero
· Additionally, in the case of Transformation Champion: How an SAP Customer has developed an application (Proof of Concept) with an SAP technology using at least one of the following advanced technologies: Machine learning or artificial intelligence(Robotic process automation, conversational AI, AI-based knowledge graph, Internet of Things, Blockchain, Intelligent data management (Multi-cloud, data virtualization and governance, smart data tiering, persistent memory, data privacy),Advanced and augmented analytics (real-time and steaming analytics,special analytics, Natural language query and generation, AutoML to identify trends, patterns and outliers, Predictive analytics(time series analytis and forecasting, regression, classification)), Data and analytics solutions in the cloud(Unified data and analytics cloud platforms by SAP, Modern/self-service data to analytics), Advanced cloud integration (APIeconomy (monetization and API marketplaces), AI-based or crowdsourced integration, High throughput, low latency digital integration hub), Industry cloud platform or 3D Printing.
· Additionally, in the case of Partner Paragon: How a member of SAP’s partner ecosystem (an “SAP Partner”) has developed an application which is deployed by at least one customer or developed a Proof of Concept validated by at least one customer that is intended to be sold to SAP Customers. The application should be either extending SAP’s Intelligent Suite or using SAP’s Digital Technology Platform or Industry Cloud and be using at least one of the following advanced technologies: Machine learning or artificial intelligence (Robotic process automation, conversational AI, AI-based knowledge graph), Internet of Things, Blockchain, Intelligent data management (Multi-cloud, data virtualization and governance, smart data tiering, persistent memory, data privacy), Advanced and augmented analytics (real-time and steaming analytics,special analytics, Natural language query and generation, AutoML to identify trends, patterns and outliers, Predictive analytics(time series analytis and forecasting, regression, classification)), Data and analytics solutions in the cloud (Unified data and analytics cloud platforms by SAP, Modern/self-service data to analytics), Advanced cloud integration (API economy (monetization and API marketplaces), AI-based or crowdsourced integration, High throughput, low latency digital integration hub), Industry cloud platform or 3D Printing.
· Note that in addition to the Eligibility requirements in Section 3, below, the application that is the subject of the Entry must be primarily deployed in an Eligible Country, or in the case of the Partner Paragon have been primarily developed and intended to be sold to and used by Customers in an Eligible Country.
2. Term. Eligible Entrants may participate in the Innovation Awards by submitting an Entry from August 3rd 2020, at 9 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) to February 1st 2021, at 6 p.m. PT.
3. Eligibility. Entries can be submitted by an employee of the Customer or Partner that is the subject of the Entry, or by an employee of a third party that has a business relationship with the Customer or Partner that is the subject of the Entry, as long as the third party has the consent of the Customer or Partner. Except as provided in the paragraph immediately below, the person submitting the Entry must (i) be above the age of majority in their place of residence; (ii) reside in one of the Eligible Countries; and (iii) be an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner, or the entity submitting on behalf of the Customer or Partner. Regardless of whether you are an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner, or the third party submitting on behalf of the SAP Customer, you must have the express prior authorization of the SAP Customer or Partner to enter the Innovation Awards on their behalf subject to these Official Rules (“Entrant(s)”).
Individuals who are employees, officers, directors, agents, or partners of Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Awards Entities”), and the immediate family members are not eligible to win.
(A) EMPLOYEES OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT OR THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY U.S. STATE, U.S. TERRITORY, OR FOREIGN STATE OR TERRITORY, AS WELL AS GOVERNMENT RELATED ENTITIES; AND
(B) PERSONS THAT DO NOT RESIDE IN AN ELIGIBLE COUNTRY OR SUBMISSIONS WHERE THE BUSINESS APPLICATION THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE ENTRY IS NOT PRIMARILY DEPLOYED IN AN ELIGIBLE COUNTRY, OR IN THE CASE OF THE PARTNER PARAGON AWARD HAVE NOT BEEN PRIMARILY DEVELOPED AND INTENDED TO BE SOLD TO AND USED BY CUSTOMERS IN AN ELIGIBLE COUNTRY
MAY PARTICIPATE AND MAY BE RECOGNIZED BY SAP FOR THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS, BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES.
SAP reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate in its sole and absolute discretion on any dispute related to the Innovation Awards at any time. The Innovation Awards is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
Entrant warrants that the appropriate corporate officers, executives, managers or other persons of the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted have approved the Entry, and understand and agree that these Official Rules will be binding on both the individual submitting the Entry and the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted. The Entrant understands that if the Entry is submitted without obtaining the appropriate approval, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the Entrant, the SAP Customer, Partner, and the Entry. In the case of a third party entering on behalf of an SAP Customer, participation by Entrant is subject to Sponsor receiving written confirmation from an authorized representative of the SAP Customer indicating the SAP Customer’s acceptance of the Official Rules.
4. Entry Categories. The Innovation Awards will recognize up to 20 winners across seven (7) Entry Categories (as defined below). All Entries, aside from those for Transformation Champion and Partner Paragon, must describe live deployments involving SAP technologies. Entries will be assigned to one or more of these categories by the SAP Awards Team and will be judged against other Entries assigned to that category. The categories, are as follows:
a) Social Catalyst: Entrants should present stories highlighting the use of SAP soltutions in ways that demonstrate positive social, environmental or economic impact and shared purpose in helping the world run better and improving people’s lives
b) Industry Leader: Entrants should present stories on how they are working with SAP solutions to create new business models, innovate their end to end business processes in a dramatic way, or disrupt the way their industry has traditionally conducted business to become industry-leading intelligent enterprises.
c) Transformation Champion: Entrants should present stories demonstrating how they are using at least one of SAP’s Business Technology Platform products to solve business problems in an innovative way to become intelligent enterprises. Additionally next-generation proof of concept applications have adhere to the eligibility requirements in section 3 above.
d) Business Innovator: Entrants should present stories demonstrating how they achieving end-to-end business transformation using SAP S/4HANA or SAP Digital Supply Chain solutions and Business Networks to become intelligent enterprises.
e) Cloud Genius: Entrants should present stories demonstrating how they are using SAP’s intelligent suite offering deployed in the cloud to become intelligent enterprises.
f) Adoption Superhero: Entrants should present stories demonstrating how they have successfully adopted SAP solutions to become intelligent enterprises with the help of SAP Services and Support or become intelligent enterprises using SAP cloud solutions with high adoption (usage) and entitlement consumption.
g) Partner Paragon: Entrants should present stories demonstrating how they have developed a next-generation application that involves SAP’s Intelligent Suite, Business Technology Platform or Industry Cloud. The application has to adhere to the eligibility requirements in section 3 above
5. How to Enter. Entrants should submit an Entry Form and Pitch Deck, which includes a Power Point or similar template for describing the use case for your Entry. The form of the Entry can be found at http://www.sap.com/innovationawards. Entrants must complete all fields in the Entry Form to qualify. Entries must be in English. If an Entry is incomplete or does not comply with the specifications and these Official Rules, then the Entry will be disqualified, and this disqualification may take place at any point in the Awards process. All decisions by Sponsor and Judges are final and absolute and are not subject to inquiry or appeal. No purchase or payment is required to enter, and any expenses Entrants voluntarily incur during the submission process are their sole responsibility.
6. Special Recognition. Entrants will have the option to enter the SAP Partner that encouraged the Entrant to enter the SAP Innovation Awards on the online entry form when submitting an Entry. Each Partner that is identified on the entry form of winning submissions will be eligible for special recognition by SAP at SAPPHIRE NOW.
7. Judging and Winner Notification. Eligible Entries will be judged against the other Entries in their respective Entry Categories as determined the SAP Awards Team. There will be two (2) rounds.
o Round 1: Between February 14th 2021 and March 17th 2021, the Awards Team will select the Entries that they determine to be qualified based on the judging criteria to move on to the judging in Round 2.
o Round 2: Judging will take place between March 19th 2021 and April 14th 2021. Each of the finalists in each Entry Category will be judged by a group of qualified judges consisting of Sponsor’s employees and/or non-employee judges selected by Sponsor (“Judges”). Judges will review the finalist. Entries with the highest score(s) in each Entry Category will be determined to be the winners or award recipients in that Entry Category. Each Entry will be evaluated by the Judges based on the following criteria (each of which will be equally weighted):
1. Use Case: How compelling and disruptive is the use case described in the entry? Does the use case involve a big idea and innovative approaches? Can it drive significant change?
2. Outcome: What was the result of the project ? What is the magnitude of the outcome; what is the impact on individuals; and how compelling are the quantified results?
3. Intelligent Enterprise: How well does the entry demonstrate the company’s journey to becoming an intelligent enterprise? Is the company effectively using advanced technologies and best practices to transform its business model, reengineer a business process(es), reimagine work, become more sustainable, or deliver delightful experiences to customers and/or employees?
4. Winners will be notified on or about Apr 14th, 2021, and notified by telephone or email at Sponsor’s discretion. If a winner does not respond to the notification attempt within twenty-four (24) hours from the first notification attempt, then SAP may disqualify such winner and select an alternate winner.
8. Prizes. Prizes will be awarded to the Entries with the highest score(s): Up to twenty (20) Entries will be selected across the the seven(7) categories.
Winning Entries in each Entry Category who plan on attending the SAPPHIRE NOW will receive one (1) ticket to SAPPHIRE (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $2,000). If no one representing a winning Entry is planning on attending SAPPHIRE NOW, the ticket will not be given to that winning Entry, and there will be no prize substitution, or prize of equal or comparable value awarded. Subject to Sponsor’s prior written approval and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a winning Entry may designate a non-employee representative to attend SAPPHIRE NOW. Sponsor will only be awarding tickets as Prizes. All transportation, lodging, meals, gratuities, and all costs and expenses relating to the use of the tickets are the responsibility of the winner.
Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received and the skill of the Entrants (i.e., the innovative nature of their solution, and the skill exercised in creating the entry). No other prize elements except those specifically described here are awarded. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the potential winner’s responsibility. Note: In the event that SAPPHIRE does not take place in 2021, Sponsor may, but will not be obligated to proceed with the Contest, on its own or in connection with an alternate event, in which case, the Prizes will be adjusted and substituted accordingly as determined by Sponsor.
9. Charitable Donation. For each bona fide Entry that SAP receives that meets all of the eligibility requirements, SAP will donate one hundred dollars ($100.00 USD) distributed to one or more charities selected by SAP, up to a maximum of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000.00 USD).
10. Intellectual Property Rights and Grant of License. Each Entrant shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in each Entry (including moral rights) subject to these Official Rules. However, You do grant SAP an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test, and otherwise analyze your Entry and all its content in connection with the Awards; and (ii) feature your Entry and all its content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of the Awards, SAP, and SAP technologies (including but not limited to press releases, promotional material, internal and external presentations, and tradeshows, in all media now known or later developed).
11. Entrant Representations and Warranties. By entering the Innovation Awards, Entrants represent and warrant that their Entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry and that they have the right to submit the Eligible Entry in the Innovation Awards and grant all required licenses and assignments. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations. Entrant also warrants that he/she has permission from their employer or other appropriate party such as an SAP Customer or Partner to submit the Entry.
12. Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant indemnifies Awards Entities at all times from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Awards Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any Entry or other material submitted by the Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person; (ii) any misrepresentation made by the Entrant in connection with the Innovation Awards; or (iii) any non-compliance by the Entrant with these Official Rules.
13. Release, Customer/Partner Publicity. By participating in the Innovation Awards, Entrants: (i) agree, to the fullest extent of the law, to release and hold harmless Awards Entities from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Innovation Awards; and (ii) grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, developers and third party marketing entities the right to use and publish the name and trademark(s)/logo(s) of their employer or the entity on whose behalf they are submitting the Entry, and to assist Sponsor in obtaining the same from the SAP Customer in the event the Entrant is submitting the Entry on behalf of an SAP Customer or Partner, for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Innovation Awards, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights, except where prohibited by law.
14. If, for any reason, the Innovation Awards are not capable of running as planned, including because of, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Innovation Awards, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Innovation Awards, or disqualify an Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, with or without notice.
15. Governing Law. These Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
16. Rules & Winners. A list of winners will be available on or about April 14th 2021 at http://www.sap.com/innovationawards.
17. Sponsor. SAP Global Marketing Inc., 10 Hudson Yards FL 51 New York, NY 10001.