NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION IN THE SAP INNOVATION AWARDS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES.
VOID OUTSIDE OF ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELARUS, BELGIUM, BOTSWANA, BRAZIL, CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), CHILE, CHINA, COLOMBIA, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ECUADOR, EGYPT, ESWATINI, ETHIOPIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, GREENLAND, HUNGARY, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, KENYA, MALAYSIA, MEXICO, MOROCCO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NIGERIA, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, PERU, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, PORTUGAL, QATAR, REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN, SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH KOREA, SAUDI ARABIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, THAILAND, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, THE UNITED STATES, VENEZUELA (THE “ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES”) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Introduction. The SAP Innovation Awards (the “Awards” or “Innovation Awards”) is a skill-based contest in which Entrants (defined below) will submit an Entry Form and Pitch Deck (the combination of the Entry Form and Pitch Deck being an “Entry” or “Entries”) demonstrating
- How a business organization that uses SAP products or services (an “SAP Customer(s)”) has successfully deployed a business application that utilizes any SAP software product, cloud-based service, or other technology in its organization as represented by the following Entry categories: Sustainability Hero, Industry Leader, Business Innovator, Experience Wizard, Transformation Titan, 10th Anniversary Superstar, Services Supernova and Adoption Champion
- Additionally, in the case of Cutting-Edge Genius: How an SAP Customer has developed an application (Proof of Concept) using at least one of the cloud technologies from SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Additionally, in the case of Partner Paragon: How a member of SAP’s partner ecosystem (an “SAP Partner”) has developed an application which is deployed by at least one customer that is intended to be sold to SAP Customers (monetized and/or listed on SAP Store). The application should be using at least one of the cloud technologies from SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Note that in addition to the Eligibility requirements in Section 3 below, the application that is the subject of the Entry must be primarily deployed in an Eligible Country, or in the case of the Partner Paragon have been primarily developed and intended to be sold to and used by Customers in an Eligible Country.
- Term. Eligible Entrants may participate in the Innovation Awards by submitting an Entry from August 15th, 2022, at 9 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) to February 1st, 2023, at 6 p.m. PT.
- Eligibility. Entries can be submitted by an employee of the Customer or Partner that is the subject of the Entry, or by an employee of a third party that has a business relationship with the Customer or Partner that is the subject of the Entry, as long as the third party has the consent of the Customer or Partner. Except as provided in the paragraph immediately below, the person submitting the Entry must (i) be above the age of majority in their place of residence; (ii) reside in one of the Eligible Countries; and (iii) be an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner, or the entity submitting on behalf of the Customer or Partner. Regardless of whether you are an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner, or the third party submitting on behalf of the SAP Customer, you must have the express prior authorization of the SAP Customer or Partner to enter the Innovation Awards on their behalf subject to these Official Rules (“Entrant(s)”).
Individuals who are employees, officers, directors, agents, or partners of Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Awards Entities”) and the immediate family members are not eligible to win.
(A) EMPLOYEES OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT OR THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY U.S. STATE, U.S. TERRITORY, OR FOREIGN STATE OR TERRITORY, AS WELL AS GOVERNMENT-RELATED ENTITIES; AND
(B) PERSONS THAT DO NOT RESIDE IN AN ELIGIBLE COUNTRY OR SUBMISSIONS WHERE THE BUSINESS APPLICATION THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE ENTRY IS NOT PRIMARILY DEPLOYED IN AN ELIGIBLE COUNTRY, OR IN THE CASE OF THE PARTNER PARAGON AWARD HAVE NOT BEEN PRIMARILY DEVELOPED AND INTENDED TO BE SOLD TO AND USED BY CUSTOMERS IN AN ELIGIBLE COUNTRY
MAY PARTICIPATE AND MAY BE RECOGNIZED BY SAP FOR THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS, BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES.
SAP reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate in its sole and absolute discretion on any dispute related to the Innovation Awards at any time. The Innovation Awards is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
Entrant warrants that the appropriate corporate officers, executives, managers or other persons of the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted have approved the Entry, and understand and agree that these Official Rules will be binding on both the individual submitting the Entry and the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted. The Entrant understands that if the Entry is submitted without obtaining the appropriate approval, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the Entrant, the SAP Customer, Partner, and the Entry. In the case of a third party entering on behalf of an SAP Customer, participation by Entrant is subject to Sponsor receiving written confirmation from an authorized representative of the SAP Customer or Partner, as the case may be, indicating the SAP Customer’s acceptance of the Official Rules.
- Entry Categories. The Innovation Awards will recognize up to 30 winners across ten (10) Entry Categories (as defined below). All Entries, aside from those for Cutting-Edge Genius, must describe live deployments involving SAP technologies. Entries will be assigned to one or more of these categories by the SAP Awards Team and will be judged against other Entries assigned to that category. The categories, are as follows:
- 10th Anniversary Superstar: Entrants should present stories highlighting that they have embarked on a multi-project business transformation journey with SAP enabling them to become intelligent sustainable enterprises in the cloud. The submissions should showcase past projects and/or current projects with clear plans to innovate with SAP.
- Sustainability Hero: Entrants should present stories highlighting the use of SAP cloud solutions that demonstrate their contribution to building an inclusive economy, shaping a sustainable future, creating positive social or environmental impact, and making the world run better and improve people’s lives.
- Industry Leader: Entrants should present stories on how they have become intelligent, sustainable enterprises that transform their industries and address their biggest challenges: business transformation in the cloud, building resilient supply chains, and creating a sustainable enterprise. How they are using SAP solutions to create new business models, innovate their end-to-end business processes in a dramatic way, or disrupt the way their industry has traditionally conducted business.
- Transformation Titan: Entrants should present stories have implemented at least one of SAP’s Business Technology Platform products to solve business problems in an innovative way to become intelligent enterprises.
- Business Innovator: Entrants should present stories that are transforming their supply chain, processes, or business networks using SAP solutions in the cloud to become intelligent sustainable enterprises.
- Experience Wizard: Entrants should present stories that are achieving business transformation using SAP solutions in the cloud to develop delightful customer or employee experiences.
- Adoption Champion: Entrants should present stories that have successfully adopted SAP cloud solutions to become sustainable intelligent enterprises with the help of Customer Success Services resulting in high adoption and entitlement consumption.
- Services Supernova: Entrants should present stories that have become sustainable intelligent enterprises using SAP cloud solutions to meet or exceed business goals, optimize IT resources, increase user enablement, and improve productivity or learning. How they have transformed their business with either RISE Services or with the help of Cloud Success Services
- Partner Paragon: Entrants should present next-generation, monetized application deployed by at least one customer that uses at least one cloud technology from SAP Business Technology Platform. The application has to adhere to the eligibility requirements in section 1 above.
- Cutting-Edge Genius: Entrants should present stories demonstrating have developed a next-generation proof-of-concept application that includes at least one cloud technology from SAP Business Technology Platform. The application has to adhere to the eligibility requirements in section 1 above.
- How to Enter. Entrants should submit an Entry Form and Pitch Deck, which includes a PowerPoint or similar template for describing the use case for your Entry. The form of the Entry can be found at http://www.sap.com/innovationawards. Entrants must complete all fields in the Entry Form to qualify. Entries must be in English. If an Entry is incomplete or does not comply with the specifications and these Official Rules, then the Entry will be disqualified, and this disqualification may take place at any point in the Awards process. All decisions by Sponsor and Judges are final and absolute and are not subject to inquiry or appeal. No purchase or payment is required to enter, and any expenses Entrants voluntarily incur during the submission process are their sole responsibility.
- Special Recognition. Entrants will have the option to enter an SAP Partner that encouraged the Entrant to enter the SAP Innovation Awards on the online entry form when submitting an Entry. Each Partner that is identified on the entry form of winning submissions will be eligible for special recognition by SAP at SAPPHIRE NOW.
- Judging and Winner Notification. Eligible Entries will be judged against the other Entries in their respective Entry Categories as determined by the SAP Awards Team. There will be two (2) rounds.
- Round 1: Between February 8th, 2023 and March 15th, 2023, a panel of experts consisting of Sponsor’s employees will select the Entries that they determine to be qualified based on the judging criteria to move on to the judging in Round 2.
- Round 2: Judging will take place between March 14th, 2023 and April 10th, 2023. Each of the finalists in each Entry Category will be judged by a group of qualified judges consisting of Sponsor’s employees and/or non-employee judges selected by Sponsor (“Judges”). Judges will review the finalist. Entries with the highest score(s) in each Entry Category will be determined to be the winners or award recipients in that Entry Category. Each Entry will be evaluated by the Judges based on the following criteria (each of which will be equally weighted):
- Use Case Creativity: How compelling and disruptive is the use case described in the entry? Does the use case involve a big idea and innovative approaches? Can it drive significant change?
- Tangible Outcomes: What was the result of the project? What is the magnitude of the outcome; what is the impact on individuals; and how compelling are the quantified results? Does the submission outcome illustrate how the customer was able to solve a business problem within the context of their own industry
- Intelligent Enterprise: How well does the entry demonstrate the company’s journey to becoming an intelligent enterprise? Is the company effectively applying cloud technologies and best practices within agile, integrated digitized business processes that help make them resilient, profitable, and sustainable?
Winners will be notified on or about Apr 12th, 2023, and notified by telephone or email at Sponsor’s discretion. If a winner does not respond to the notification attempt within twenty-four (24) hours from the first notification attempt, then SAP may disqualify such winner and select an alternate winner.
- Prizes. Prizes will be awarded to the Entries with the highest score(s): Up to thirty (30) Entries will be selected across the ten(10) categories.
Winning Entries in each Entry Category who plan on attending the SAPPHIRE NOW will receive one (1) ticket to SAP Sapphire Orlando (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $2,500) or $1,000 to donate to a charity of their choice through SAP4Good. If no one representing a winning Entry is planning on attending SAP Sapphire Orlando, the ticket will not be given to that winning Entry, and the Winning Entry may elect to donate to a charity of their choice through SAP4Good. Subject to Sponsor’s prior written approval and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a winning Entry may designate a non-employee representative to use the ticket and attend Sapphire Orlando. If the Winning Entry elects to receive the ticket, Sponsor will only be awarding tickets as Prizes. All transportation, lodging, meals, gratuities, and all costs and expenses relating to the use of the tickets are the responsibility of the winner.
Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received and the skill of the Entrants (i.e., the innovative nature of their solution, and the skill exercised in creating the entry). No other prize elements except those specifically described here are awarded. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the potential winner’s responsibility. Note: In the event that SAP Sapphire Orlando does not take place in 2023, Sponsor may, but will not be obligated to proceed with the Contest, on its own or in connection with an alternate event, in which case, the Prizes will be adjusted and substituted accordingly as determined by Sponsor.
Any prize is extended to you under the condition that your acceptance does not violate any applicable laws or policies within your organization. If you are unsure whether your acceptance may violate any such laws or policies, we strongly encourage you to seek advice from your ethics or compliance official. For organizations that are unable to accept all or a portion of this prize, and would like to pay for their own expenses, upon request, SAP will provide a reasonable market value and an invoice or other suitable payment process.
- Charitable Donation. For each bona fide Entry that SAP receives that meets all of the eligibility requirements, SAP will donate one hundred dollars (US$100.00) distributed to one or more charities selected by SAP, up to a maximum total of twenty thousand dollars (US$20,000.00).
- Intellectual Property Rights and Grant of License. Each Entrant shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in each Entry (including moral rights) subject to these Official Rules. However, You do grant SAP an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test, and otherwise analyze your Entry and all its content in connection with the Awards; and (ii) feature your Entry and all its content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of the Awards, SAP, and SAP technologies (including but not limited to press releases, promotional material, internal and external presentations, and tradeshows, in all media now known or later developed).
- Entrant Representations and Warranties. By entering the Innovation Awards, Entrants represent and warrant that their Entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry and that they have the right to submit the Eligible Entry in the Innovation Awards and grant all required licenses and assignments. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations. Entrant also warrants that he/she has permission from their employer or other appropriate party such as an SAP Customer or Partner to submit the Entry.
- Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Awards Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any Entry or other material submitted by the Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person; (ii) any misrepresentation made by the Entrant in connection with the Innovation Awards; or (iii) any non-compliance by the Entrant with these Official Rules.
- Customer/Partner Publicity. By participating in the Innovation Awards, Entrants grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, developers and third party marketing entities the right to use and publish the name and trademark(s)/logo(s) of their employer or the entity on whose behalf they are submitting the Entry, and to assist Sponsor in obtaining the same from the SAP Customer in the event the Entrant is submitting the Entry on behalf of an SAP Customer or Partner, for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Innovation Awards, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights, except where prohibited by law.
- If, for any reason, the Innovation Awards are not capable of running as planned, including because of, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Innovation Awards, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Innovation Awards, or disqualify an Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, with or without notice.
- Governing Law. These Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Rules & Winners. A list of winners will be available on or about April 12th, 2023 at http://www.sap.com/innovationawards.
- Sponsor. SAP Global Marketing Inc., 10 Hudson Yards FL 51 New York, NY 10001.