NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION IN THE SAP CUSTOMER SUCCESS AWARDS FOR SAP UKI CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED KINGDOM AND THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (UKI)(THE ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES AND EACH AN ELIGIBLE COUNTRY) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Introduction. The SAP Customer Success Awards for SAP (UK) Limited (SAP UKI) (the Awards or Customer Success Awards) is a skill-based contest in which Eligible Entrants (defined below) will submit an Entry Form and Pitch Deck (the combination of the Entry Form and Pitch Deck being an Entry or Entries) demonstrating how one or more business organizations using SAP products or services ( SAP Customer(s)) have successfully deployed a business application that utilizes any SAP software product, cloud based service(s), or other technology in its/their organization.
Note that, in addition to the Eligibility requirements set out in Section 3, below, the business solution / system that is the subject of the Entry must be primarily deployed in an Eligible Country and must support daily business operations.
2. Term. Eligible Entrants may participate in the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI by submitting an Entry between September 01, 2020 midnight GMT and October 7, 2021 midnight GMT.
3. Eligibility. Entries can be submitted by an employee of an SAP Customer or an SAP Partner that is the subject of the Entry and located in an Eligible Country. The entry can only be made on behalf of his/her employer (an Eligible Entrant).
The person submitting the Entry confirms, by submitting the Entry, that he/she is an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner and has the authority to enter the Customer Success Awards on behalf of the Eligible Entrant.
Individuals who are employees, officers, directors,
agents of the Sponsor (as defined below) and its respective parents,
subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively,
Awards Entities), as well as their immediate family members, are not
eligible to win. GOVERNMENT RELATED ENTITIES MAY ONLY PARTICIPATE
UNDER THE LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. The Sponsor reserves
the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate in its sole and absolute
discretion on any dispute related to the Customer Success Awards for SAP
UKI at any time. The Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI is subject to the
laws of England and Wales and is void where prohibited.
The Eligible Entrant warrants that the appropriate corporate officers, executives, managers or other persons of the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted have approved the Entry and understands and agrees that these Official Rules will be binding on the Eligible Entrant. The employee submitting the Entry understands that if the Entry is submitted without obtaining the appropriate approval, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the Eligible Entrant, the SAP Customer, the SAP Partner, and the Entry.
5. Entry Categories. The Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI will recognize four (4) winners across the four (4) Entry Categories (as defined below). All Entries must describe live deployments involving SAP technologies. Eligible Entrants may select a maximum of two (2) categories to enter. The categories, are as follows:
· Best Innovative use of SAP Technology
Recognises organisations that seek creative solutions to persistent problems during unprecedented times, innovate to carve out new markets for themselves, or embrace technology to transform their businesses/customers
· Best Transformational Change
Recognises organisations that demonstrate a transformational journey. These are businesses that drive change management from different lines of businesses, achieving sustainable growth and business performance
· Best Socially Sustainable Project
Recognizes organisations with projects highlighting the usage of SAP solutions in ways that demonstrate positive social, environmental, or economic impact and shared purpose in helping the world run better and improving peoples lives
· Best Value to Business
Recognises organisations who have demonstrated where they have added significant value to their business, their employees and/or customers
6. How to Enter. Eligible Entrants should submit an online Entry Form and Pitch Deck, which includes a PowerPoint template for describing the use case for your Entry. The form of the Entry can be found at https://www.sap.com/idea-place/customer-success-awards-sap-uki.html. Eligible Entrants must complete all fields in the online Entry Form to qualify. Entries must be in English. If an Entry is incomplete or does not comply with the specifications and these Official Rules, then the Entry will be disqualified, and this disqualification may take place at any point in the Awards process. All decisions by Selection Committee and Judges are final and absolute and are not subject to inquiry or appeal. No purchase or payment is required to enter, and any costs and expenses that Eligible Entrants incur during the submission process remain their sole responsibility.
7. Judging and Winner Notification. Entries by Eligible Entrants that comply with the Official Rules will be judged against the other Entries in their respective Entry Categories, as determined by the Sponsors Awards team. There will be two (2) rounds.
· Round 1: A selection committee will select the Entries that they determine to be qualified based on the judging criteria to move on to the judging in Round 2. Three (3) finalists from each of the four (4) categories will be selected and announced on or around 18th October 2021.
· Round 2: Judging will take place on or around 18 29th October 2021. The finalists in each Entry Category will be judged by a group of qualified judges consisting of the Sponsors employees, members of the UKI SAP User Group and an independent journalist selected by the Sponsor. Judges will review each finalist and conduct a 15-minute interview with the Eligible Entrant. Entries with the highest score(s) in each Entry Category will be determined the winners or award recipients in that Entry Category. Each Entry will be evaluated by the judges based on the following criteria (each of which will be equally weighted):
1. Use Case: How is the entrant using SAP technology to add value?
2. Project Realisation: Did the project meet or overachieve the original goals set and if so, how?
3. Value: What business value has the project achieved from deploying the SAP solutions or technologies?
4. Humanisation: How has the project had a positive impact on the lives of individuals either inside or outside the organization?
5. Help the Organization Run Better: How is the project applying technology and approaches towards becoming an intelligent enterprise?
Winners will be announced at an event on the 17th November 2021, where the 12 (twelve) finalists from the 4 (four) categories in Round 2 will be invited to attend. The winning Entries will subsequently be presented on the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI website: https://www.sap.com/idea-place/customer-success-awards-sap-uki.html and the Eligible Entrant agrees to such publication and grants the Sponsor all rights to that effect.
8. Prizes. Prizes
will be awarded to the Entry in each of the four (4) categories with the
Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received and the skill of the Eligible Entrants (i.e., the innovative nature of their solution, and the skill exercised in creating the entry). No other prize elements except those specifically described here are awarded. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at their sole discretion. All taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the winners responsibility.
The winner of each of the 4 (four) categories will receive the following prize:
1. A customised award trophy to commemorate the success and win, coupled with an award certificate; and
2. A charitable donation of £1,000 made by SAP on behalf of the winning organisation to one of the charities selected by SAP (a list of which will be made available to the winners); and
3. A voucher to use the SAP Studio at SAP Clockhouse Place offices for one working day, to create their own promotional collateral along with several opportunities to participate in promotional activities such as podcasts, events, videos, media /analysis interviews, social media, and more.
This prize is extended to you under the condition that your acceptance does not violate any applicable laws or policies (including hospitality and gift policy) within Eligible Entrants organization. The Eligible Entrant is solely responsible for ensuring that receiving the prize does not violate any such laws or policies. SAP does not accept any responsibility or liability in case of violation of those laws and policies.
9. Intellectual Property Rights and Grant of License. Each Eligible Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in its respective Entry(ies) (including moral rights) subject to these Official Rules. However, each Eligible Entrant grants the Award Entities an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test, and otherwise analyse its Entry(ies) and all contents provided in connection with the Awards; and (ii) copy, reproduce, publish (online or on printed material), print, feature its Entry(ies), in whole or in part, and all content provided in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of the Awards, SAP, and SAP technologies (including but not limited to press releases, promotional material, internal and external presentations, and tradeshows, in all media now known or later developed, including social media).
10. Representations and Warranties. By entering the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI, Eligible Entrants represent and warrant that their Entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of all intellectual property rights to the submitted Entry and that they have the right to submit the Entry in the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI and grant all required licenses and assignments (including the licence granted under Section 9 above). Each Eligible Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations. Where the Eligible Entrant is a SAP Partner submitting an Entry related to one of its customers use of SAP products and technology, the Eligible Entrant also represents and warrants that it has permission from its customer to submit the Entry and its contents and to grant the licence set out in Section 9 above).
11. Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Eligible Entrant will indemnify the Sponsor and the Awards Entities at all times from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Eligible Entrant as part of its participation to the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI and/or a breach of any representation or warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Eligible Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Awards Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable external counsel fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any Entry or other material submitted by the Eligible Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person; (ii) any misrepresentation made by the Eligible Entrant in connection with the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI or (iii) any non-compliance by the Eligible Entrant with these Official Rules.
12. Disclaimer. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will the Awards Entities be liable to the Eligible Entrant or to any third party for any damages arising in connection or pertaining to the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI. This disclaimer of liability shall apply regardless of the form of action that may be brought against the Awards Entities, whether in contract or tort, including without limitation any action for negligence. Under no circumstances will the Awards Entities be liable to the Eligible Entrant or any other person or entity for special, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages, loss of good will or business profits, work stoppage, data loss, computer failure or malfunction, any and all other commercial damages or loss, or exemplary or punitive damages.
13. Customer/Partner Publicity. By participating in the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI, Eligible Entrants: grant to the Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, developers and third party marketing entities the irrevocable and worldwide right to use and publish their company name and trademark(s)/logo(s), and to assist the Sponsor in obtaining the same from the Eligible Entrants end user in the event the Eligible Entrant is a SAP Partner, for any advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights, except where prohibited by law.
If, for any reason, the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI is not capable of running as planned, including because of, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, epidemy (including Covid outbreaks), force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Customer Success Awards for SAP UKI or disqualify an Eligible Entrant. The Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, with or without notice.
14. Rights of Third Parties. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Official Rules, nothing in these Official Rules shall create or confer (whether expressly or by implication) any rights or other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person or entity not specifically referenced in these Official Rules.
15. Governing Law. These Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of England and Wales, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
16. Rules & Winners. A list of winners will be announced on or about 18 November 2021 at https://www.sap.com/idea-place/customer-success-awards-sap-uki.html.
17. Sponsor. SAP (UK) Ltd. with offices located at Clockhouse Place, Bedfont Road, Feltham, Middlesex TW14 8HD.