NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION IN THE SAP BEST RUN AWARDS FOR SEA CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES. VOID OUTSIDE OF SOUTH EAST ASIA NAMELY SIX (6) FOCUSED COUNTRIES – INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINES, SINGAPORE, THAILAND, VIETNAM (THE “ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES”) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Introduction. The SAP Best Run Awards for SEA (the “Awards” or “Best Run Awards”) is a skill-based contest in which Entrants (defined below) will submit an Entry Form and Pitch Deck (the combination of the Entry Form and Pitch Deck being an “Entry” or “Entries”) demonstrating how a business organization using SAP products or services (an “SAP Customer(s)”) has successfully deployed a business application that utilizes any SAP software product, cloud based service, or other technology in its organization.
Note that in addition to the Eligibility requirements in Section 3, below, the business solution / system that is the subject of the Entry must be primarily deployed in an Eligible Country and support daily business operation.
2. Term. Eligible Entrants may participate in the Best Run Awards for SEA by submitting an Entry between October 5, 2020 midnight SGT to January 15, 2021 midnight SGT
3. Eligibility. Entries can be submitted by an employee of the Customer or Partner that is the subject of the Entry, as long as consent has been given by the Customer or Partner. The person submitting the Entry must (i) be above the age of majority in their place of residence; (ii) reside in one of the Eligible Countries; and (iii) be an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner, or the entity submitting on behalf of the Customer or Partner. Regardless of whether you are an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner, you must have the express prior authorization of the SAP Customer or Partner to enter the Best Run Awards for SEA on their behalf subject to these Official Rules (“Entrant(s)”).
4. Individuals who are employees, officers, directors, agents,
or partners of Sponsor (SAP) and its respective parents, subsidiaries,
affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively,
“Awards Entities”), and the immediate family members are not eligible to
win. GOVERNMENT RELATED ENTITIES MAY ONLY PARTICIPATE UNDER THE LIMITED
CIRCUMSTANCES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. SAP reserves the right to
verify eligibility and to adjudicate in its sole and absolute discretion on any
dispute related to the Best Run Awards for SEA at any time.
The Best Run Awards for SEA is subject to all federal, state,
and local laws and is void where prohibited.
The Entrant warrants that the appropriate corporate officers, executives, managers or other persons of the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted have approved the Entry, and understand and agree that these Official Rules will be binding on both the individual submitting the Entry and the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted. The Entrant understands that if the Entry is submitted without obtaining the appropriate approval, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the Entrant, the SAP Customer, Partner, and the Entry. In the case of a third party entering on behalf of an SAP Customer, participation by Entrant is subject to Sponsor receiving written confirmation from an authorized representative of the SAP Customer indicating the SAP Customer’s acceptance of the Official Rules.
5. Entry Categories. The Best Run Awards for SEA will recognize up to six (6) winners across six (6) Entry Categories (as defined below). All Entries must describe live deployments involving SAP technologies. Entrants may select a maximum of two (2) categories to enter. The categories, are as follows:
Best Innovation Award – The Disruptor
Recognizes emerging enterprises with a strong culture of innovation. These are businesses that seek creative solutions to persistent problems during unprecedented times, innovate to carve out new markets for themselves, or embrace technology to transform their businesses.
Best Customer Experience Management – The X Factor
Recognizes organizations that demonstrate a Customer-First approach and mindset. These are businesses that have seamlessly created a customer experience through digital transformation.
Enterprise Award (SMEs) – The Small but Mighty
Recognizes emerging enterprises with 50 employees and below  that demonstrate an enterprising mindset. These are businesses that drive consistent, significant and sustainable growth, resulting in excellent business performance; and display the ability to scale and expand overseas.
Most Transformational Award – The
Recognizes mid-to-large enterprises with 51 employees and above  that demonstrate a transformational journey. These are businesses that drive a change management within the complexities of large corporates from different lines of businesses, achieving sustainable growth and business performance.
Most Promising Startup or Entrepreneurship Award (SAP.iO) – The Rising Star
Recognizes emerging enterprises with a strong startup spirit. These are startups that have developed a unique and commercially viable idea, which has the potential to be sustained in the long run, have worked with SAP to provide value-added services to our customers.
Most Promising Next Generation Leaders – The
Recognizes the next generation leaders in their own capacity who has overcome challenges or is a pioneer in its own field, created an impact to leading their organizations, businesses to scale greater heights.
6. How to Enter. Entrants should submit an online Entry Form and Pitch Deck, which includes a PowerPoint or similar template for describing the use case for your Entry. The form of the Entry can be found at https://www.sap.com/idea-place/best-run-awards-sea.html. Entrants must complete all fields in the online Entry Form to qualify. Entries must be in English. If an Entry is incomplete or does not comply with the specifications and these Official Rules, then the Entry will be disqualified, and this disqualification may take place at any point in the Awards process. All decisions by Sponsor and Judges are final and absolute and are not subject to inquiry or appeal. No purchase or payment is required to enter, and any expenses Entrants voluntarily incur during the submission process are their sole responsibility.
7. Special Recognition. Entrants will have the option to enter the SAP Partner that encouraged the Entrant to enter the Best Run Awards for SEA on the online entry form when submitting an Entry. Each Partner that is identified on the entry form will be eligible for special recognition by SAP.
8. Judging and Winner Notification. Eligible Entries will be judged against the other Entries in their respective Entry Categories as determined the Awards Team. There will be two (2) rounds.
o Round 1: Between October 5, 2020 to January 15, 2021, judges will select the Entries that they determine to be qualified based on the judging criteria to move on to the judging in Round 2. Three (3) finalists from each of the six (6) category will be selected and announced on March 2021
o Round 2: Judging will take place between March 2021 . The finalists in each Entry Category will be judged by a group of qualified judges consisting of Sponsor’s employees and/or non-employee judges selected by Sponsor (“Judges”). Judges will review the finalist. Entries with the highest score(s) in each Entry Category will be determined the winners or award recipients in that Entry Category. Each Entry will be evaluated by the Judges based on the following criteria (each of which will be equally weighted):
1. Use Case: How is the Entrant using SAP technology to add value?
2. Outcome: What business or social outcomes has the project realized?
3. Value: What business or social value has the project achieved from deploying the SAP solutions or technologies?
4. Improving People’s Lives: How does the project impact the lives of individuals either inside or outside the organization?
5. Help the Organization Run Better: How is the project applying technology and approaches towards becoming an intelligent enterprise?
Winners will be notified on or about April 2021, and notified by telephone or email at Sponsor’s discretion. If a winner does not respond to the notification attempt within seven (7) days from the first notification attempt, then SAP may disqualify such winner and select an alternate winner.
9. Prizes. Prizes
will be awarded to the Entries with the highest score(s): Up to six
(6) winning Entries will be selected for the different categories.
Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received and the skill of the Entrants (i.e., the innovative nature of their solution, and the skill exercised in creating the entry). No other prize elements except those specifically described here are awarded. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the potential winner’s responsibility.
10. Charitable Donation. SAP will donate to one or more charities selected by SAP, up to a maximum of thirty thousand dollars ($30,000.00 USD).
11. Intellectual Property Rights and Grant of License. Each Entrant shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in each Entry (including moral rights) subject to these Official Rules. However, you do grant SAP an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test, and otherwise analyze your Entry and all its content in connection with the Awards; and (ii) feature your Entry and all its content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of the Awards, SAP, and SAP technologies (including but not limited to press releases, promotional material, internal and external presentations, and tradeshows, in all media now known or later developed).
12. Entrant Representations and Warranties. By entering the Best Run Awards for SEA, Entrants represent and warrant that their Entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry and that they have the right to submit the Eligible Entry in the Best Run Awards for SEA and grant all required licenses and assignments. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations. Entrant also warrants that he/she has permission from their employer or other appropriate party such as an SAP Customer or Partner to submit the Entry.
13. Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant indemnifies Awards Entities at all times from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Awards Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any Entry or other material submitted by the Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person; (ii) any misrepresentation made by the Entrant in connection with the Best Run Awards for SEA; or (iii) any non-compliance by the Entrant with these Official Rules.
14. In no event shall the Awards Entities be liable to the Entrant or to any third party for any damages arising in connection or pertaining to the Best Run Awards for SEA. This disclaimer of liability shall apply regardless of the form of action that may be brought against the Awards Entities, whether in contract or tort, including without limitation any action for negligence. Under no circumstances shall the Awards Entities be liable to the Entrant or any other person or entity for special, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages, loss of good will or business profits, work stoppage, data loss, computer failure or malfunction, any and all other commercial damages or loss, or exemplary or punitive damages.
15. Release, Customer/Partner Publicity. By participating in the Best Run Awards for SEA,
Entrants: (i) agree, to the fullest extent of the law, to release and hold
harmless Awards Entities from any and all liability for any injuries,
loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Best
Run Awards for SEA; and (ii) grant to Sponsor, its affiliates,
licensees, promotional partners, developers and third party marketing
entities the right to use and publish the name and
trademark(s)/logo(s) of their employer or the entity on whose behalf they are
submitting the Entry, and to assist Sponsor in obtaining the same
from the SAP Customer in the event the Entrant is submitting the
Entry on behalf of an SAP Customer or Partner, for any advertising
and promotional purposes relating to the Best Run Awards for SEA, in
any media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation,
consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights, except
where prohibited by law.
If, for any reason, the Best Run Awards for SEA is not capable of running as planned, including because of, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Best Run Awards for SEA, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Best Run Awards for SEA, or disqualify an Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, with or without notice.
16. Governing Law. These Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of the said countries in South East Asia namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
17. Rules & Winners. A list of winners will be announced on or about April 2021 at https://www.sap.com/idea-place/best-run-awards-sea.html
18. Sponsor. SAP SEA Marketing 30 Pasir Panjang Road, #03-32, Mapletree Business City, Singapore 117440