NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION IN THE SAP BEST RUN AWARDS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES. VOID OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND (THE “ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES”) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Introduction. The SAP Best Run Awards (the “Awards” or “Best Run Awards”) is a skill based contest in which Entrants (defined below) will submit an Entry Form and Pitch Deck (the combination of the Entry Form and Pitch Deck being an “Entry” or “Entries”) demonstrating
· How a business organization that uses SAP products or services (an “SAP Customer(s)”) has successfully deployed a business application that utilizes any SAP software product, cloud based service, or other technology in its organization.
Note that in addition to the Eligibility requirements in Section 3, below, the business application that is the subject of the Entry must be primarily deployed in an Eligible Country.
2. Term. Eligible Entrants may participate in the Best Run Awards by submitting an Entry between March 3, 2021 midnight AEST to June 4, 2021 midnight AEST
3. Eligibility. Entries can be submitted by an employee of the Customer or Partner that is the subject of the Entry, or by an employee of a third party that has a business relationship with the Customer or Partner that is the subject of the Entry, as long as the third party has the consent of the Customer or Partner. The person submitting the Entry must (i) be above the age of majority in their place of residence; (ii) reside in one of the Eligible Countries; and (iii) be an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner, or the entity submitting on behalf of the Customer or Partner. Regardless of whether you are an employee of the SAP Customer or Partner, or the third party submitting on behalf of the SAP Customer, you must have the express prior authorization of the SAP Customer or Partner to enter the Best Run Awards on their behalf subject to these Official Rules (“Entrant(s)”).
Individuals who are employees,
officers, directors, agents, or partners of Sponsor and its
respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion
agencies (collectively, “Awards Entities”), and the immediate family
members are not eligible to win. GOVERNMENT RELATED ENTITIES MAY ONLY
PARTICIPATE UNDER THE LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
SAP reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate in its sole and
absolute discretion on any dispute related to the Best
Run Awards at any time. The Best Run Awards is subject
to all federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
Entrant warrants that the appropriate corporate officers, executives, managers or other persons of the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted have approved the Entry, and understand and agree that these Official Rules will be binding on both the individual submitting the Entry and the entity on whose behalf the Entry was submitted. The Entrant understands that if the Entry is submitted without obtaining the appropriate approval, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the Entrant, the SAP Customer, Partner, and the Entry. In the case of a third party entering on behalf of an SAP Customer, participation by Entrant is subject to Sponsor receiving written confirmation from an authorized representative of the SAP Customer indicating the SAP Customer’s acceptance of the Official Rules.
Entry Categories. The Best Run Awards will recognize up to 10 winners
across 10 Entry Categories (as defined below). All Entries must
describe live deployments involving SAP technologies. Entries will be assigned
to one or more of these categories by the SAP Awards Team and will be judged
against other Entries assigned to that category. The categories, are as
Best Run SAP Intelligent
SAP’s intelligent ERP solutions are the Digital Core that enable businesses to integrate end-to-end cross functional next generation business processes so that companies can become intelligent. Eligible for entrants who have become an Intelligent Enterprise with Intelligent ERP solutions - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP S/4HANA, Cloud ERP, Finance.
Best Run SAP CRM & Customer
Eligible for entrants who have implemented SAP C/4HANA, SAP Customer Cloud, SAP Marketing Cloud, SAP Commerce Cloud, SAP Sales Cloud, SAP Service Cloud and built trusted relationships between their brands and customers, creating customers for life.
Best Run SAP Network &
Eligible for entrants who have streamlined procurement processes, reducing risk, and gaining greater visibility and control over costs and who have implemented Supplier Management, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Services Procurement and External Workforce, Selling and Fulfillment, Travel & Expense through SAP Ariba, SAP Concur, SAP Fieldglass solutions.
Best Run SAP Human Resources and People
Eligible for entrants who have simplified and integrated HR processes and implemented Core HR & Payroll, Time & Attendance Management, Recruiting & Onboarding, Learning & Development, Performance & Compensation, Workforce Planning & Analytics with SAP SuccessFactors solutions.
Best Run SAP Data & Analytics
Eligible for entrants who have used data and analytics to make intelligent business decisions & connections, and have implemented SAP Hana, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP Analytics Cloud, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Planning and Predictive Analytics solutions.
Best Run SAP Digital Supply Chain
Eligible for entrants who have streamlined design to operate processes, improving customer outcomes, providing increased visibility into business operations, and supporting business innovation, and who have implemented Supply Chain Planning, Supply Chain Logistics, R&D/Engineering, Manufacturing, Asset Management with SAP Digital Supply Chain solutions.
Best Run SAP Fast Growth Business
Eligible for those companies that can demonstrate significant growth from a revenue, geographical or segment perspective as the result of implementing SAP ERP technologies.
Best Run SAP Innovator
Eligible for entrants using SAP technologies to re-imagine and drive significant improvements to existing business processes resulting in measurable business impact and implemented Intelligent Technologies such as SAP Leonardo, IoT, Machine Learning and Blockchain solutions.
Best Run SAP Industry Disruptor
Eligible for entrants using SAP technologies to transform an industry. The entry should highlight how the use case represents a disruption in the way the industry has traditionally conducted business.
The Chris O’Brien Award
This award is named after Chris O’Brien, our Customer Officer who passed in 2019. Chris himself was a Social Hero, establishing a social enterprise business called Buy Undies Give Undies. For every pair sold, one was donated to kids in need. Eligible for entrants using SAP technologies to be used for significant social impact by promoting sustainability and improve people’s lives.
9. How to Enter. Entrants should submit an Entry Form and Pitch Deck, which includes a Power Point or similar template for describing the use case for your Entry. The form of the Entry can be found at http://www.sap.com/anz-bestrun-awards. Entrants must complete all fields in the Entry Form to qualify. Entries must be in English. If an Entry is incomplete or does not comply with the specifications and these Official Rules, then the Entry will be disqualified, and this disqualification may take place at any point in the Awards process. All decisions by Sponsor and Judges are final and absolute and are not subject to inquiry or appeal. No purchase or payment is required to enter, and any expenses Entrants voluntarily incur during the submission process are their sole responsibility.
10. Special Recognition. Entrants will have the option to enter the SAP Partner that encouraged the Entrant to enter the Best Run Awards on the online entry form when submitting an Entry. Each Partner that is identified on the entry form will be eligible for special recognition by SAP at SAPPHIRE NOW.
11. Judging and Winner Notification. Eligible Entries will be judged against the other Entries in their respective Entry Categories as determined the Awards Team. There will be two (2) rounds.
o Round 1: Between June 4th and July 2nd 2021, the Awards Team will select the Entries that they determine to be qualified based on the judging criteria to move on to the judging in Round 2.
o Round 2: Judging will take place between July 2nd and July 16th, 2021. Each of the finalists in each Entry Category will be judged by a group of qualified judges consisting of Sponsor’s employees and/or non-employee judges selected by Sponsor (“Judges”). Judges will review the finalist. Entries with the highest score(s) in each Entry Category will be determined to be the winners or award recipients in that Entry Category. Each Entry will be evaluated by the Judges based on the following criteria (each of which will be equally weighted):
1. Use Case: How is the Entrant using SAP technology to add value?
2. Outcome: What business or social outcomes has the project realized?
3. Value: What business or social value has the project acieved from deploying the SAP solutions or technologies?
4. Human Empowerment: How does the project impact the lives of individuals either inside or outside the organization?
5. Intelligent Enterprise: How is the project applying technology and approaches towards becoming an Intelligent enterprise?
Winners will be notified on or about August 5th, 2021, and notified by telephone or email at Sponsor’s discretion. If a winner does not respond to the notification attempt within twenty-four (24) hours from the first notification attempt, then SAP may disqualify such winner and select an alternate winner.
12. Prizes. Prizes
will be awarded to the Entries with the highest score(s): Up to ten (10)
winning Entries will be selected for the different categories.
Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received and the skill of the Entrants (i.e., the innovative nature of their solution, and the skill exercised in creating the entry). No other prize elements except those specifically described here are awarded. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the potential winner’s responsibility.
13. Charitable Donation. SAP will donate to one or more charities selected by SAP and chosen by the winners, up to a maximum of twenty five thousand dollars ($25,000.00 AUD).
14. Intellectual Property Rights and Grant of License. Each Entrant shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in each Entry (including moral rights) subject to these Official Rules. However, You do grant SAP an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test, and otherwise analyze your Entry and all its content in connection with the Awards; and (ii) feature your Entry and all its content in connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of the Awards, SAP, and SAP technologies (including but not limited to press releases, promotional material, internal and external presentations, and tradeshows, in all media now known or later developed).
15. Entrant Representations and Warranties. By entering the Best Run Awards, Entrants represent and warrant that their Entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry and that they have the right to submit the Eligible Entry in the Best Run Awards and grant all required licenses and assignments. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations. Entrant also warrants that he/she has permission from their employer or other appropriate party such as an SAP Customer or Partner to submit the Entry.
16. Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant indemnifies Awards Entities at all times from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Awards Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any Entry or other material submitted by the Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person; (ii) any misrepresentation made by the Entrant in connection with the Best Run Awards; or (iii) any non-compliance by the Entrant with these Official Rules.
17. Release, Customer/Partner Publicity. By participating in the Best Run Awards,
Entrants: (i) agree, to the fullest extent of the law, to release and hold
harmless Awards Entities from any and all liability for any injuries,
loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Best
Run Awards; and (ii) grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees,
promotional partners, developers and third party marketing entities the
right to use and publish the name and trademark(s)/logo(s) of
their employer or the entity on whose behalf they are submitting the
Entry, and to assist Sponsor in obtaining the same from the
SAP Customer in the event the Entrant is submitting the Entry on
behalf of an SAP Customer or Partner, for any advertising and
promotional purposes relating to the Best Run Awards, in any media
now known or hereafter devised, without further notice, compensation,
consideration, review or consent and without regard to moral rights, except
where prohibited by law.
If, for any reason, the Best Run Awards are not capable of running as planned, including because of, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Best Run Awards, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Best Run Awards, or disqualify an Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, with or without notice.
18. Governing Law. These Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of New South Wales, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
19. Rules & Winners. A list of winners will be available on or about Aug 5th, 2021 at http://www.sap.com/anz-bestrun-awards
20. Sponsor. SAP ANZ Marketing level 6 77 Berry St, North Sydney NSW 2060