Enabling risk-resilient, sustainable supply chains
Manage business risk holistically with SAP solutions
In the face of constant disruption and ever-increasing risk, your business can build a resilient supply chain that achieves your corporate sustainability goals. SAP Digital Supply Chain solutions can help, from designing a product to operation, maintenance, and service.
Helping customers improve sustainability performance
Enabling sustainability from one end of the supply chain to the other
Learn how design and manufacturing can take your sustainable supply chain to the next level and deliver on regulations and consumer expectations.
Making planning the cornerstone of a sustainable supply chain
Find out how our integrated business planning software can help make sustainability part of the fabric of your enterprise-wide operations.
Going the extra mile to support sustainability enterprise-wide
Explore how our solutions can help you improve ESG and sustainability performance in logistics, last-mile, and asset management.
Improving the shift to sustainable supply chains
Discover how connecting your supply chain processes can help you comply with sustainability regulations around the world.
Creating a resilient and sustainable supply chain
Learn how to holistically manage and mitigate business risk with a digital supply chain.
Design recyclable and sustainable products
A risk-resilient supply chain starts with a holistic approach to product design.
Drive risk out of the product lifecycle by:
- Designing products and packaging that are biodegradable and environmentally sustainable
- Calculating environmental costs throughout the product lifecycle
- Simulating manufacturing’s impact on the environment
- Linking the voice of the customer to sustainable requirements throughout the design process
Plan to reduce risk and source materials ethically
Effectively evaluate and predict supply and inventory by:
- Driving planning processes that strive to reduce emissions and satisfy demand with sustainable, ethically sourced materials
- Forecasting with greater frequency and accuracy to reduce obsolete inventory
- Predicting end-of-life scenarios and supporting circular processes
- Simulating the CO2 footprint of your plan, from procurement and transport to production
- Reporting actual results and comparing them against the plan to identify achievements and improvement areas
Manufacture with minimal waste and environmental impact
Identify asset performance risk and drive sustainability efforts across manufacturing sites by:
- Monitoring energy use as a function of production volume
- Measuring CO2 emissions against compliance commitments
- Capturing and repurposing co- and by-products to minimize waste
- Enforcing consistent safety management to create a more sustainable workforce
Deliver products and optimize logistics sustainably
Move goods worldwide with minimal mileage and logistics bottlenecks by:
- Tracking, measuring, and optimizing CO2 and energy consumption across warehousing and transportation functions
- Considering delivery resources that are energy efficient or CO2 neutral, especially for urban or last-mile delivery tasks
- Optimizing routing to run the shortest and least-congested route to conserve energy and reduce miles and the carbon footprint
- Leveraging 3D truck load planning to reduce the risk of traveling empty miles
Operate assets and equipment in an energy-efficient and risk-resilient way
Reduce downtimes and disruptions throughout the full product or asset lifecycle by:
- Gaining visibility into how assets and equipment are performing at a customer’s site or home
- Extending asset life and reducing energy consumption
- Calculating and tracking the environmental impact of asset operations
- Helping ensure operator well-being and compliance with environmental and safety compliance