The SAP Integration and Certification Center (SAP ICC) provides services around third-party software integration with SAP solutions. We offer an open program for any partner or independent software vendor, who has an app or a solution and wishes to have their solution or interface certified with the latest SAP technologies.
SAP Integration and Certification Center
We help partners and independent software vendors support our customers by testing and certifying the integration of solutions with SAP technologies.
Find SAP-Certified Solutions
Selecting a certified partner solution helps ensure that you can cut implementation times, lower integration costs, and be confident of compatibility with your SAP technology infrastructure. Finding the right SAP-certified solution to address your business needs has never been easier.
SAP App Center for partner solutions merged with SAP Store for SAP solutions in February 2021. SAP Store is now the one digital marketplace where customers can discover, try, buy, and renew more than 1,800 solutions from SAP and its trusted partners, built on or that extend SAP solutions. For SAP partners, it’s the only place you can market and deliver your applications, add-ins and integration kits to SAP’s global customers. There, customers can find the solutions they need to grow their business.
Onboarding your solution to SAP Store is the first step in maximizing your solution exposure and gaining benefits from the marketplace. To learn more, please visit the Partner With Us page on SAP Store.
SAP-Certified Solutions Directory
Visit the SAP-Certified Solutions Directory for a complete listing of all SAP-certified solutions. This directory allows you to search for all certified solutions, confirm compatibility with SAP S/4HANA versions, and find out more about the integration that has been implemented.
Why Certification Matters
SAP certification shows that your technology integrates smoothly with SAP solutions, giving customers total confidence in their investment decision.
SAP-certified solutions offer the following benefits to customers:
- Access to additional functionality and services: Customers can easily find SAP-certified solutions using the online directory listing. Here, the public can find innovative partner-built cloud apps that are powered by SAP HANA, or solutions that are integrated with SAP Business Suite from more than 1000 ISVs and software partners.
- Reduced implementation effort: Customers can save on total cost of ownership and cut integration costs by taking advantage of pre-tested integration with SAP solutions.
- Accelerate innovation: Certified solutions follow SAP standards for technical integration and if re-certified on a regular basis can allow for upgrades with minimal interruptions.
- Integration with SAP Solution Manager: Product and software component versions that are certified by us are visible in SAP Solution Manager, helping to speed up support issues.
As a partner and ISV, you’re always looking for new ways to build your business and help customers solve problems. Here’s how integration certification from SAP can help meet these goals:
- Direct your prospects to the online directory listing of certified solutions, so they can search and find your solution
- Join the SAP PartnerEdge program to take advantage of additional go-to-market opportunities.
- Showcase your products at SAP events such as the SAPPHIRE NOW and SAP TechEd conferences.
- Use "SAP Certified" logos on your marketing materials.. Learn how to enhance your marketing strategy
SAP offers certifications for a variety of apps deployed on SAP technology. SAP partners and ISVs use a wide range of integration scenarios.
If you are delivering an add-on solution written in the ABAP programming language, we provide ongoing support from a consultant from SAP ICC, access to the ABAP add-on assembly toolkit for ABAP, and annual certification.
Compliance with SAP standards
Only third-party add-ons based on ABAP that conform to SAP standards and conventions for packaging and deployment are eligible for certification. In general all custom objects, database tables, and fields, and data elements must exist within a registered namespace. Please note that you cannot modify SAP software objects such as screens, menus, programs, or function modules or update SAP tables directly.
SAP Add-On Assembly Kit for ABAP
SAP requires that you use SAP Add-On Assembly Kit software to package an add-on based on ABAP, and we strongly recommend that you use the toolkit throughout the development cycle. Syntax and consistency checks for code are done using the assembly kit. Additional checks are done by SAP consultants during the certification procedure. The assembly kit is available as part of the service package for third-party solutions based on ABAP. Certification for solutions based on ABAP is available for traditional SAP NetWeaver/ERP environments as well as for SAP S/4HANA.
App build and deployment
Build and deploy new applications through SAP Business Technology Platform, such as extended application services for SAP HANA, Java, HTML5/SAPUI5, and mobile applications.
Extensions for cloud solutions
Third-party apps can use SAP Business Technology Platform to extend existing cloud solutions from SAP. SAP ICC offers guidance and criteria to help you extend software such as SAP SuccessFactors solutions, the SAP Jam social software platform, and the SAP Cloud for Customer solution.
Extensions for on-premise solutions
Third-party apps can use SAP Business Technology Platform to extend existing on-premise SAP software such as SAP Business Suite.
Content packages for integration with SAP Business Technology Platform
SAP Business Technology Platform integration technology facilitates the integration of business processes and data across on-premise and cloud applications (with cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-on-premise integration). Partners and ISVs can develop and deliver content packages for SAP Business Technology Platform integration.
Third-party client tools for business intelligence
Integrates comprehensive client tools for business intelligence, connecting to SAP HANA using an ODBO application programming interface based on MDX or SQL.
Back-up interface for SAP HANA
Certifies third-party back-up tools that use the back-end interface for SAP HANA to back up the SAP HANA database.
Extract, transform, and load tools for data replication
Replicate SAP and non-SAP data into SAP HANA using third-party data replication tools based on ODBC/JDBC interfaces.
Certification for Integration Framework
Integration framework covers all integration aspects in one product:
- Message-oriented middleware
- Mobile server
- Lightweight Business Process Management
- Enables analysis and reporting
SAP partners and ISVs can develop add-ons for SAP Business One based on SAP HANA or SQL with SAP Business One SDK. Based on the rules outlined in the test plan add-on solution certification, ISVs can develop add-ons to integrate with SAP Business One at the data or user-interface level using the data interface, data interface server, and user interface application programming interfaces. Third parties can also use tools provided within SAP HANA extended application services to develop objects within SAP HANA.
Certification for SAP Business One Cloud
Targeted at partner solutions complementing the SAP Business One Cloud solution and running in the cloud landscape, certifications are awarded at two levels. Level one represents compatibility running in the cloud and level two represents full integration with the architecture for SAP Business One Cloud.
Not sure what scenario or technologies to use? An integration assessment by SAP ICC will put you on the right path towards certification.
An integration assessment can be a good starting point for initiating a completely new integration project. You can also use this service to gain insights on how to improve an existing integration or migrate to a new technology such as SAP HANA or the cloud.
Typically, an integration assessment starts with a kick-off call, where you describe your envisioned integration to one of our SAP experts. Within 10 business days, we will come back to you with the best possible integration points and summarize our technical recommendations.
The Integration Assessment service is available for partners looking to integrate with SAP on-premise and cloud solutions.
- Integration Assessment with SAP on-premise solutions is €10,000 per certification
- Integration Assessment with SAP cloud solutions is €7,000 per certification
Premium Certification for SAP Endorsed Apps (Invite-only)
This additional level of certification is available by invite only and consists of three main requirements: integration certification tests, cloud quality check and static security code scan.
The certification includes technical quality checks that are performed to analyze code, provide recommendations to optimize the solution and how it integrates with SAP solutions. Benefits include:
- Provide customers value-added functionality and a smooth integration while safeguarding their existing investments. Take your solution to the next level with added security, in-depth testing and measurements against benchmarks results for a solution that meets requirements in a customer environment.
- Reduce maintenance time, costs and accelerate their implementations and deployments with a pre-tested and certified integration of your solution.
- Take advantage of additional resources to help generate exposure for your app, including logo use, a listing in our online directory, promotion during SAP events, and positioning of your application as premium-certified and SAP-endorsed to SAP customers and consulting partners.
Frequently asked questions
Learn about certifying software built using, or integrated with, SAP technology, including SAP HANA, SAP Business Technology Platform, ABAP, SAP Business One, or SAP Business Suite.
Certification fees depend on the technology used and scope of testing. Costs typically range from €3,500 or less (for solutions based on SAP Business One or SAP Business Technology Platform, for example) to €15,000 (add-ons based on ABAP) or €20,000 (back-up tools for SAP HANA). The certification fee includes all necessary consulting and testing services carried out by a consultant from SAP ICC. Most certifications are conducted remotely. These fees do not take into consideration your own development resources or test system access costs.
The certification test itself takes one day or less. However, the time it takes to get your solution ready for certification can vary. A typical certification based on a pre-defined scenario can be finished within roughly two months. Contact us early on in the development process to consult with us.
Once we have signed a contract to certify the integration, you will be assigned a dedicated consultant by SAP ICC. Your engineers will prepare the testing under the guidance of this consultant and schedule a certification date. We provide you with a test plan ahead of time, so you can prepare your solution.
During any certification test, the SAP consultant monitors and logs the test results, while your engineers drive the actual testing, including the integration set-up and data exchange. Your software remains under your control at all times.
Once the testing is concluded successfully, you will receive a detailed and confidential test report, a certificate, and the appropriate certification logo that you can use to promote the successful certification to your customers. In addition, your fully certified solution will be listed online in our online directory within a few days. This gives your company exposure to the thousands of customers that visit SAP.com each day
If you need remote access to an SAP-maintained system during testing, you can use the SAP Remote Access and Connectivity (SAP RAC) service. This professionally hosted and maintained landscape of fully-configured SAP software systems, including sample data, can simplify the integration testing of your interface to SAP solutions. You can choose between exclusive-use or low-cost shared systems. The cost varies depending on the number of users who need access, the period of time during which access is needed and whether you choose the exclusive-use or shared system. Prices start at €3,500 for three shared systems, with three users, for a three-month period. You can also sign up for longer periods of time at considerably lower rates.
Discover how SAP partners are gaining competitive advantage and growing their businesses thanks to our software certification services.
Tensor believes that for most customers, it is important that their chosen integration solutions are SAP certified. Thats why, through SAP certification, they give them a guarantee that their solution is the best, both in terms of security and in terms of functionality
With NLSQL's SAP Certified solution on SAP Business Technology Platform, companies can allow non-technical employees quick and easy access to data with an intuitive text interface, saving many man hours and making business more efficient.
Lookcast aims to transform the traditional catalog into an interactive digital experience. Powered by their certified integration with SAP Commerce, they aim to help customers reduce production costs of printed materials and deliver an ecommerce experience in a single tool.
SAP Partner Adoption Center
Accelerating and fostering co-innovation between SAP and the ecosystem.
This center at SAP Labs China aims to provide an innovative one-stop services including technical platform consisting of collaborative working area, server room,flexible and digital demo factory, which would accelerate the pace of co-innovation between SAP and various ecosystem enterprises
Apply for Software Integration Certification
To begin a new software integration certification, or re-certify an existing solution, please complete our application form.
Software integration certifications are valid for three years for most integration scenarios. A few certification scenarios (mobile apps, cloud integrations, or integrations with SAP HANA) are only valid for one year due to the higher frequency of updates.
Begin a new certification
Once your application is submitted and after you’ve signed a certification contract, you are ready to begin the certification process. This involves:
- Preparation: Your dedicated SAP consultant provides you with a test plan. Your engineers prepare the testing under the guidance of this consultant and schedule a certification date.
- Certification testing: The SAP consultant monitors and logs the test results while your engineer conducts the actual testing, including the integration setup and data exchange.
- Post-certification promotion: You receive a detailed confidential test report and a certificate that you can use to promote the successful certification to your customers. The solution appears in our online directory within a few days. Certification is valid worldwide.
Re-certify an existing solution
When you sign up for re-certification, a consultant from SAP ICC will discuss the latest technologies with you and provide input and recommendations. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider keeping your certification up-to-date:
- Get the latest technology: As product versions change so do SAP interfaces. Be sure to make SAP integration certification an integral part of your development plan because taking advantage of the latest innovations will benefit both your business, your solution, and your customers.
- Tap into our expertise: Let your developers focus on your core product while experts from SAP ICC handpick the relevant information for you and provide the recommendations that will maximize returns from your development efforts.
- Faster sales cycles: Avoid the need for additional test demo sessions during the sales cycle by making sure your latest product release is SAP certified. This will help your engineers and sales teams position your solution's certified integration, allow you take advantage and align to SAP customer migration and upgrade paths, and give customers the peace of mind that comes from an SAP endorsement for your offering.