SAP HANA, express edition
SAP HANA, express edition
SAP and Google partner to integrate SAP applications and Google’s G Suite
3. Install SAP HANA, express edition
New to SAP HANA, express edition?
SAP HANA, express edition is targeted to run in resource-constrained environments and contains a rich set of capabilities for a developer to work with.
In-memory OLTP and Column Store Database Server
System requirements / features
SAP HANA, express edition comes as a binary installer or as a pre-configured virtual machine image (ova file). If your host runs on an SAP HANA, express edition supported operating system, you can choose either the binary installer or the ova file. Otherwise, you must use the ova file.
Operating systems supported by SAP HANA, express edition 1.0 SPS12 include:
- SuSE Linux Enterprise for SAP Applications, 11.4, 12.0, 12.1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2
Operating systems supported by SAP HANA, express edition 2.0 include:
- SuSE Linux Enterprise for SAP Applications, 12.1
SAP HANA, express edition is free to use for in-memory databases up to 32GB of RAM.
How-to guides capture procedures for tasks like one-time setup tasks or implementing specific features (as opposed to tutorials which are linked together in a series). Follow these how-to guides to help in your SAP HANA, express edition (HXE) development.
Integrating Predictive Analytics from HANA Express Edition into a Google Spreadsheet
Having SAP HANA, express edition, a few clicks away from running in Google Cloud Platform is like adding whipped cream to a Nutella ice cream with molten chocolate. You get the idea, two great things coming together in a way that can only produce an even greater result.
by Lucia Subatin
Questions & Answers
A question about multi-tenant HANA DB
SAP guide says that all instances in above DB must have the same SID. But I think it's useless if both our ECC and BW have the same SID (e.g. DEV) on the same box. Is my understanding wrong?
Videos and Training
Learn more about SAP HANA and express edition by viewing SAP HANA Academy videos and by signing up for free courses on openSAP.
Explore the various guides available for working with SAP HANA. You will find content suited for new and experienced SAP HANA users.
Latest release notes
|SAP HANA||HANA 2.0 SPS 00 Database Revision 001*||Updated|
|WebIDE||4.0.22*||Same as in prior version of HXE|
*Change Log/Notes for key changes:
SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 00 Database Revision 001 addresses important security vulnerabilities. The vulnerabilities may:
- allow an attacker to take control of the system. However, this affects only customers if the optional User Self Service component (disabled by default) has been enabled and exposed to an untrusted network. The component is part of the SAP HANA extended application services, classic model.
- allow an attacker to elevate privileges by impersonating another user in the system. This issue only affects systems running SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 00 revision 0 that expose SAP HANA extended application services, classic model to an untrusted network.
Web IDE 4.0.22 addresses a security vulnerability for unauthorized remote data tampering and DOS attack. SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA internal npm registry (Sinopia) may:
- allow default user creation
- crash when publishing