Use of SAP Copyrighted Materials
SAP Partners may use SAP-authored materials in accordance with their PartnerEdge agreement with SAP and in accordance with guidelines and terms posted on partneredge.sap.com (Partner login required). The Partner Image Library can be found on the PartnerEdge website.
SAP Customers may use SAP-authored materials in accordance with their licensing or subscription agreement with SAP. Please contact your Account Executive for additional guidance.
See sap.com/trademark for information about SAP trademarks generally. In particular, guidelines for using SAP Trademarks can be found at SAP Trademark Usage Guidelines. For usage of Partner logos please see the PartnerEdge Guidelines of Partner logos.
Additional questions on SAP trademarks and logos can be sent to email@example.com
All uses of SAP Materials displayed on SAP websites are governed by the terms and conditions contained herein or specific terms accompanying the SAP Materials on that website.
Many countries have restrictions on copyright protection that allow limited usage of copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder by third parties for specific usages, such as in scientific papers or news articles, books or for education. These usages may fall under the fair use doctrine or may be codified in the law, depending on the country of usage. If you are unsure whether your usage would meet these criteria, please consult with a copyright lawyer and see the specific sections below.
Special exception for use in legitimate educational programs: Instructors may duplicate and distribute SAP white papers, implementation guides, and technology overviews to students in lawful educational programs without additional permission from SAP, in accordance with local law and subject to the following limitations:
- Except for costs for duplication, students must not be charged for such materials.
- Instructors may reproduce only sufficient copies to meet the anticipated needs for the current course or term, if any.
- Any duplication of SAP Materials for use in an educational setting must retain all original copyright notices.
- This exception does NOT apply to materials from an authorized SAP training course offered by SAP or its authorized learning partners.
- Please note that the SAP University Alliances program provides additional materials for its member Universities and Educational Institutions that can be used in University-level education programs, such as access to SAP software and learning content, teaching materials and best practices for integrating program resources. Please see https://www.sap.com/about/company/innovation/next-gen-innovation-platform/university-alliances.html for more information.
Please note that the SAP4Schools program provides additional material for its member schools and individuals. For more information on the program and the offered learning and educational material, please see https://www.sap.com/about/company/innovation/next-gen-innovation-platform/young-thinkers.html#edu-centers-non-profits-foundations.
Use in Thesis or other academic papers: You may use images or content from SAP products and services in school reports provided that you comply with the Rules for all Uses below and in accordance with local law.
You may not use screenshots from beta release products or other software that has not been commercially released, or for software that is subject to a non-disclosure agreement. Otherwise, you may make fair use of screenshots for purely educational or illustrative purposes provided that the following guidelines for screenshots are followed (in addition to the Rules for all Uses):
- Do not alter the screenshot except to proportionally resize it.
- No portions of any SAP screenshot may be included in your product user interface.
- Do not use screenshots that contain third-party content, (unless you separately seek and obtain permission from such third party to display its content).
- Do not use screenshots that contain an image of an identifiable individual.
- You may not use the screenshot in a comparative advertisement.
- Your materials should not be solely composed of SAP screenshots or other intellectual property from SAP. Your materials should add substantial commentary, critique, or value in addition to the SAP screenshots or other SAP intellectual property.
- No more than ten (10) screenshots may be used in any single document, page or other work. Exceptions for academic teaching material (e.g. lecture notes, educational books) may be granted by SAP University Alliances. Please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Screenshots must be obtained from SAP software that is properly licensed.
- No rights of ownership, title or any other right or interest in SAP's screenshots is transferred. SAP may terminate this permission at any time by notifying you of the termination of permission for your particular use. You agree to stop using and displaying the screenshot at any time, upon written request of SAP.
- Your use may not be obscene or pornographic, and your use must not be, in SAP’s sole opinion, disparaging, defamatory, or libelous to SAP, any of its products, or any other person or entity.
- You must include the following statement: “Copyright © 2021 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.” (if needed, replaced 2021 with the applicable year identifying publication year of the materials) to identify the SAP copyrighted materials in your materials.
- Your use may not directly or indirectly state or imply sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your product or service by or with SAP.
- You may add commentary or other analysis as long as it is very clearly attributable to you, and not to SAP.
- Your use of or reference to any SAP trademarks should comply with SAP Trademark Usage Guidelines and should include a trademark attribution paragraph that correctly lists all SAP trademarks referenced in your materials.
- You acknowledge that any rights granted to you herein do not constitute a transfer of title. You do not obtain any ownership right, title, or other interest in SAP copyrighted materials or trademarks by downloading, copying, or otherwise using the materials.
- SAP, in its sole discretion, retains the right to revoke any licenses or permissions to use SAP copyrighted materials at any time, unless specifically prohibited in a separate agreement.
- No Warranty. ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY SAP “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS. SAP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. Your use is at your own discretion and risk.
- Consequential Damages Waiver. IN NO EVENT WILL SAP BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COPYRIGHTED MATTER, EVEN IF SAP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Any party may link or point to SAP Materials on SAP websites for informational purposes, provided the material is publicly available at no charge, it is not used for publication or sale, and the link takes the user to the SAP page from which the material originates by plain text. You may not insert SAP’s logo in the link. References to SAP, its products and services should be made in accordance with SAP Trademark Guidelines (found at SAP Trademark Usage Guidelines).
Reporting infringement to SAP
Infringement Claims/Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
SAP respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. SAP may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the access/accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or any other violation of your rights on an SAP website, please provide the following information in writing to SAP's Copyright Agent (email@example.com):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or material which otherwise violates your rights (or, if you claim that multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are infringing, a representative list of such works at that site);
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing/violating is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly being infringed.
Please note that in order to be an effective notice under the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your notice must include all of the above information. Claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of that material, court costs and attorney’s fees.
Reporting Piracy to SAP
If you believe you have found a pirated copy of SAP software or SAP Materials, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with as much information as possible, including a link to the webpage where the material can be found. Reported digital piracy will be investigated and dealt with accordingly.
Copyright/Trademark Notice for SAP Sites
© 2023 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without the express permission of SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies. Please see https://www.sap.com/trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
© 2023 SAP SE oder ein SAP-Konzernunternehmen. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Weitergabe und Vervielfältigung dieser Publikation oder von Teilen daraus sind, zu welchem Zweck und in welcher Form auch immer, ohne die ausdrückliche schriftliche Genehmigung durch die SAP SE nicht gestattet.SAP und andere in diesem Dokument erwähnte Produkte und Dienstleistungen von SAP sowie die dazugehörigen Logos sind Marken oder eingetragene Marken der SAP SE in Deutschland und anderen Ländern. Alle anderen Namen von Produkten und Dienstleistungen sind Marken der jeweiligen Firmen. Zusätzliche Informationen zur Marke und Vermerke finden Sie auf der Seite https://www.sap.de/trademark.