The SAP Internet of Things (SAP IoT) solution has a reference architecture that offers business services and specific capabilities to address critical industrial IoT use cases across manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, assets, products, service management, and more.
What is SAP Internet of Things?
The SAP Internet of Things solution offers capabilities to address industrial IoT use cases. As the IoT layer of SAP’s Business Technology Platform, it enables users to reimagine business processes and models with embedded IoT services and data.
Enable digital transformation for the Internet of Things
Build a digital twin of physical products and connect them, create value-added services that complement your physical products, and integrate insights into the business suite.
Increase operational efficiency with Industry 4.0
Drive business outcomes by enhancing your business processes with IoT data and improve quality, productivity, and resource efficiency by applying intelligent technologies.
Reimagine your business model and revenue streams
Provide new benefits to your customers with intelligent IoT services. Encourage open innovation in your ecosystem, while keeping core processes stable.
Digital twin model with business context
- Model your things with sensor data and relevant business context based on a unified template-based semantic model
- Leverage a built-in access control model for business-grade applications
- Rely on SAP-managed, state-of-the-art Big Data with multitier time series data storage or customer-managed data lake
IoT-driven response to events and processes
- Automate business processes in response to IoT events created through rules on data in stream or at rest
- Extend applications that support the Industry 4.Now strategy by leveraging IoT application templates
- Add choice and assistance on how to respond to IoT events by providing decision support and flexible integration to business processes
- Define hierarchies of points of interest or areas of interest
- Match the current location of a thing to the closest location of your business partners and connect them automatically
- Identify actions and create IoT alerts when things enter or leave a geofence
IoT data ingestion, storage, and consumption
- Rely on scalable device management services for data ingestion and downstream control of actions
- Leverage an intuitive and flexible data model within SAP solutions or your custom applications
- Choose between SAP’s managed offering or a select cloud provider’s offering for device management, connectivity, and Big Data storage
IoT-empowered business processes
- Extend existing SAP business processes by gaining information and insights from previously unconnected devices
- Embed IoT in the Intelligent Enterprise, such as IoT-controlled temperature in a cold-chain scenario for proactive exception handling
- Empower handling units and warehouses with IoT to monitor goods conditions in real time and increase visibility across your supply chain
- Specify your analytical model across time series data and business context data to gain insights with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Detect flexible segments automatically, like trips or production order duration
- Analyse your time series data and aggregates by dimensions, like asset status, deriving calculated KPIs
What are leading analysts saying about IoT technology?
SAP is named a leader in worldwide industrial IoT platforms
Find out why SAP was named a leader in IDC’s MarketScape for Worldwide Industrial IoT Platforms in Manufacturing.
The IoT is key to digital transformation success
Learn how companies are embedding IoT functionality into key business applications to improve business outcomes in the SAP-commissioned Forrester Consulting study “Accelerate Your Digital Transformation With IoT.”
This product is deployed in the cloud and is available as software as a service
(SaaS), so you can access your software from any Web browser.
Installation and setup
Follow the setup instructions so you can start running your SAP software quickly and confidently.
Optimise configuration of SAP IoT with our comprehensive configuration guide.
Find out how you can seamlessly integrate SAP IoT with your existing IT landscape.
Get maximum value from SAP Internet of Things
Jump-start your SAP solution implementation and drive ROI by collaborating with industry experts, consultants, and support engineers throughout your journey.
Transform your business quickly and effectively by taking advantage of our holistic service and support plans, expert consulting services, custom application development, proven best practices, and deep industry and technical knowledge.
Get the support you need to keep your SAP solutions running at peak performance with our IT experts and support services, including long-term plans, embedded teams, remote technology support, self-service portal, and innovation strategies.
Security and compliance
Focus on your business and customer relationships, while keeping your data safe and reliable. SAP takes a proactive, predictive approach to maintaining compliance and data security in the cloud and within an on-premise data centre.