SAP Advanced Planning and Optimisation
Balance supply and demand across your global supply chain
Enhance supply chain management (SCM) with SAP Advanced Planning and Optimisation (SAP APO).
Improve supply and demand planning for both internal and external supply chains
Tightly integrate with SAP ERP to access sales, material, and other data
Increase forecast accuracy and minimise inventory buffers
Align mid- to long-term demand plans with your overall supply capacity
Create optimised production plans for all of your factories
Provide reliable sales order confirmation dates
Demand planning (DP)
- Comprehensive demand forecasting tool-set
- Highly configurable planning books with macro functionality
- Lifecycle, promotion, and collaborative demand planning
Supply network planning (SNP)
- Integrate purchasing, manufacturing, distribution, and transportation
- Product flow planning along the entire supply chain, with consideration for constraints and penalties
- Planning for different levels of detail, including aggregated planning
- Choice of heuristic-, rule-, or optimisation-based algorithm
- Advanced safety stock planning algorithms
Production planning and detailed scheduling (PP/DS)
- Multi-level production planning
- Choice of existing or custom heuristics
- Support for lot quantity calculations and sourcing
- Support for: make-to-stock, make-to-order, make-to-order with order BOM, engineer-to-order, project manufacturing, and flow manufacturing
- Order pegging
- Seamless integration with other SAP applications/components
- Global availability checks on defined documents within a defined scope
- Rules-based ATP using product or location substitution strategies
- Product allocation for controlling commitments to key customers
- Backorder processing
- Multi-level ATP for triggering BOM explosion and performing component checks
- Capable to promise (CTP) - call production planning (PP/DS)
Build a business case
Now is the right time for SAP APO on SAP HANA
Given today’s market challenges, learn how we can we ensure supply chain stability and how do we optimise our supply chains to ultimately remain competitive.
The "How To" Guide for SAP APO on SAP HANA
Learn about the technical implications and benefits of the transition to SAP APO on SAP HANA.
Join the community
Join the SAP Advanced Planning and Optimisation community for the latest news, blogs, events, tricks and tips.
Plan your installation
Refer to Master Guide: SAP APO 7.0, EHP 4* for important information about installation and upgrade planning.
For more information about system and software requirements, please refer to the SAP Quick Sizer which lists supported devices, hardware, operating systems, apps, and browsers.
Download the software
To download the SAP Advanced Planning and Optimisation software installation package, visit the SAP Support Portal*. Click S in the A to Z index > Search for SAP SCM > select the relevant package.
Jump-start your implementation and drive ROI by collaborating with industry experts, consultants, and support engineers throughout your journey.
Transform your business quickly and effectively by taking advantage of our holistic service and support plans, expert consulting services, custom application development, proven best practices, and deep industry and technical knowledge.
Help keep your SAP solutions running at peak performance with our IT experts and support services, including long-term plans, embedded teams, remote technology support, self-service portal, and innovation strategies.
Security and compliance
Focus on your business and customer relationships, while keeping your data safe and reliable. SAP takes a proactive, predictive approach to maintaining compliance and data security in the cloud and within an on-premise data centre.