When the pandemic hit and physical retail outlets had to close or limit their operations, midmarket brands had to pivot quickly to sell directly to consumers (D2C) and learn how to interact with customers digitally – only to realize that simple webstore was not enough to compete in the digital world. This spiked a need for a new kind of commerce solution, one that equips midmarket companies with all the necessary tools to sell fast and easy, apply changes quickly, and offer intelligent merchandising capabilities that were previously only accessible to large enterprises. The SAP Upscale Commerce solution enables this by offering an intelligent-selling engine that delivers engaging storefronts while optimizing for sales and profit, with the ability to more rapidly create mobile-first shopping experiences to meet the changing expectations of their customers. Businesses can take full control of the customer journey, drive world-class omni-channel customer experiences, and create a competitive edge by choosing to start with easily configurable building blocks or create completely custom commerce experiences.
Key capabilities of SAP Upscale Commerce include:
- Experience builder: Launch a new storefront in days using a point-and-click tool without any coding across any channels and devices
- Digital category management: Help drive greater profitability and value with visualization of performance to make the best decisions
- Order management: Deliver on customer expectations; fulfilling orders from any channel; and pick, pack, and ship Web-based orders with specialized in-store fulfillment apps
- Catalog management: Simplify and reuse categories and assortments from previous seasons with selling-tree capabilities
- Continuity commerce: Keep subscribers interested and engaged with the brand by planning out promotional offers
New innovations include:
- The ability to add purchase options such as buy online, pick up in store (BOPIS)
- An open payment framework in which new payment providers can be integrated without writing any code, removing the effort of developing and maintaining a payment connector
- A path to easily connect and enable social commerce, empowering merchants to connect directly with social seller accounts such as Facebook and Instagram and ensuring accurate information with automated synchronization and updates on products, availability, and pricing changes.
- The ability to use different sets of prices and multiple currencies within a tenant, so that a custom price book with a unique currency can be configured for each experience.
As a new online business which was previously a popular chain of physical stores, JOY is both a heritage brand and a start up at the same time. It was important that we stayed engaged with existing customers while we worked through our transition to online only, so we had to work quickly and implement a simple, easy ecommerce solution that was both cost effective and fast to set up. SAP Upscale Commerce fit our needs perfectly. The solution is very flexible, allowing us to make changes quickly and to provide more content than just a traditional product catalog. This frees up more time for us to truly focus on engaging with the customers online, much like we did when we would meet in stores.”
Anna Ullman Serse, Owner and CEO of JOY Shop