Take action on climate change by reducing your carbon footprint with SAP solutions
Minimise the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of your products and operations along your value chain with embedded analytics and transactional capabilities, built to take climate action. Together, we can enable a future with zero emissions.
Design recyclable and sustainable products
- Design products and packaging that are biodegradable and environmentally sustainable
- Calculate environmental costs throughout the product lifecycle
- Simulate the impact of manufacturing on the environment
Manage and minimise your carbon footprint
- Gain insights on the environmental impact of your products across the entire lifecycle
- Minimise the carbon footprint of physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures
- Simulate the CO2 footprint of your plan, from procurement and transport to production
Minimise emissions and energy consumption
- Track, measure, and optimise CO2 and energy consumption across warehousing and transportation
- Optimise routing to conserve energy and reduce miles and the carbon footprint
- Leverage 3D truck load planning to reduce the risk of traveling empty miles
Together with SAP, customers are
Chasing Zero emissions
Realising business growth while leaving a small carbon footprint
Find out how Allbirds created one financial system of record for all transactions throughout its global operations and embraced new cloud technologies to become a more diverse, capable, and responsible global employer. With connected technologies across its operations, Allbirds can calculate and monitor its carbon footprint to deliver new products and services that delight customers everywhere.
We were really deliberate in making technology investments that would scale with our business. We needed to recognise how customers want to be served and offer an immersive cross-channel experience on mobile, Web, and in the store. To do this, we needed robust and connected real-time digital technologies, giving us visibility into our inventory.
Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Allbirds
Exploring the next normal
Learn how the automotive industry is looking to minimise its carbon footprint from Baratunde Thurston and Ian James, team principal of the Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team.Watch the video (10:38)
Solutions to minimise your carbon footprint and take action on climate change
Act responsibly on compliance and regulation requirements, manage your bottom line, and grow your top line sustainably.
Manage your carbon footprint
Gain insights on the environmental impacts of your products across the entire lifecycle.
- Collect relevant and consistent data from SAP S/4HANA
- Curate data with emission factors for specific categories
- Calculate the product footprint across the product lifecycle phase
- Monitor and analyse the calculated product footprint
Monitor and manage corporate emissions
Establish a robust and auditable collection of emissions data on a corporate level in order to monitor, manage, and report your company's GHG emissions.
- Engage the workforce and identify and act on hazards
- Improve EHS performance by incorporating risk management
- Protect asset integrity and optimise production by reducing unplanned downtime and outages
Reduce computer-related carbon emissions
Minimise the carbon footprint of cloud infrastructures by automating specific routines in SAP and third-party software systems.
- Reduce your carbon footprint through automated SAP solution scaling routines
- Optimise scaling to support an infrastructure-on-demand IT cultural shift
- Improve IaaS budget forecast and planning with embedded analytics
Achieve your business decarbonization objectives
Build, run, and manage electric vehicle charging networks with integration into end-to-end billing processes on one platform.
- Allow smart charging across multiple power grid strings to optimise energy pricing
- Gain full transparency of charging processes, energy costs, and power grid utilisation
- Reduce energy costs and conduct power grid-compliant charging
Don’t miss out. Take action now.
Kick-start your sustainability strategy
Join the growing number of companies that are taking steps to achieve greater environmental sustainability. Don’t miss out. Let SAP help you start building sustainable and profitable practices into your company’s business operations.
By subscribing to our Sustainability Newsletter, you’ll gain access to the following:
- A newsletter series that arrives every Wednesday for the next five weeks
- A curated collection of our exclusive research, thought-leadership articles, and real-world business examples – all designed to help you navigate the world of sustainable business practices
- After signing up, you can opt out of our communications at any time you wish.
Supporting and industry solutions to drive an impact on climate change
Reduce transportation complexity dramatically by integrating fleet and logistics management throughout your network.
Sustainable business travel
Build sustainability into your travel program to measure GHG Scope 3 emissions, and equip employees with tools to achieve sustainability goals.
Automotive value chain
Accelerate your customer engagement programmes with cutting-edge cloud solutions for optimised self-service, digital engagement, and more.
Utilities value chain
Improve operational efficiency of energy generation throughout the utilities value chain by capturing, processing, and using high-availability, reliable metering data.
SAP launches SAP Product Footprint Management
Find out why Thomas Saueressig, member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, says that sustainability goals are increasingly as important to business success as financial goals, and learn how SAP Product Footprint Management can help you reach your sustainability goals.
Turning environmental footprint calculations at scale into a regular habit
Learn how one key aspect of sustainability is the calculation and management of environmental footprints across the product portfolio, and explore how SAP solutions can help you reduce your carbon footprint.