How to Integrate FSM with S/4HANA On-Prem - (Part 3/3) Monitoring
This article covers the integration of Field Service Management (FSM) to S/4HANA On-Prem (OP). FSM is part of our SAP Service Cloud offering to meet the needs of customer service tickets management with powerful field resources planning and scheduling
Table of Contents
Introduction to Monitoring of FSM Integration with S/4HANA OP
This is part 3 of a 3-part series on How to Integrate Field Service Management (FSM) with S/4HANA On Premise (S4HOP). FSM is part of our SAP Service Cloud offering, to meet the needs of customer service tickets management with powerful field resources planning and scheduling.
The first part covered the setup and configuration of the integration and can be found at: https://cxwiki.sap.com/x/2DSmHg.
The second part showed how to send master and transactional data over the integration flows setup in part 1. It can be found at https://cxwiki.sap.com/x/qOHPHg
Here in Part 3, you will learn different tools to monitor the data flows and help diagnose any problems for each of technical systems used in the integration.
- S/4HANA OP for master data sending
- SAP Cloud Integration Platform (CPI)
S/4HANA On Premise monitoring
As you will be using the transaction DRFOUT to send your master data to FSM, you can access the log showing the status immediately after sending. An example of the log is shown below:
Another SAP transaction to use is the SRT_MONI transaction to see a log of all SOAP webservice calls during a customizable date-time range.
The main method here is use the Operations View. Then in the Monitor Message Processing section, click All Integration Flows. You can use the filters for Time, Status, or Artifact to look for the specific iFlow you are monitoring. All successful data flows will show the Completed status.
In addition, you can turn on Trace logging if your Flow was not successful.
- The path is Operations → Manage Integration Content.
- Select the iFlow you are monitoring.
- Select Log Configuration tab. Select Log Level to Trace.
- Resend another data record for this iFlow. You can view the Trace Log in Operation View-> Manage Integration Content->IFlow-> Monitor Message Processing-> Logs ->Trace.
Please note the Trace Log level works for 10 minutes, which resets back to Info level automatically. The logs are kept for an hour.
This is relevant ONLY for the Service Order (SO) integration where you want to check if an event message was received in your Queue on the SAP Cloud Platform. It will require to temporarily disable your queue, so the message does not get processed immediately. If the count in the queue increases by 1 (or number of SO events you sent), you are confirming this is working properly. Remember to reactivate your queue.
- On the SAP Cloud Platform, go to the SubAccount and select Spaces from the left menu.
- You will see one of more Service Instance of your enterprise-messaging application (see below).
Most likely you will have only one.
In the far right, select the Dashboard Icon.
- In the new Dashboard screen, select Webhook Subscriptions. You most likely will have 1 entry. Select the Pause icon as shown below
- Now you are ready to test. In S/4HANA, create a service order and change the status to Released.
- Come back to the Queue dashboard, and select the Queue menu item.
In the Number of Messages column below, that count should increase by 1.
If so, it confirms the Event Queue process is working properly. If not, you will need to revisit the S4HOP or Queue configuration steps.
- Lastly, you should resume the Webhook Subscription processing (see step 3 above). Click on the Resume button (right of the Pause icon).
The first method to verify your integration is simply to see if that data record(s) did come over.
To verify on FSM:
- To confirm for your master data, go to FSM master data module https://<region>.coresystems.net/master-data-management/. Use the appropriate menu item for Business Partner, Item, Equipment, or People record that you want to check for.
- To confirm for your service order, go to https://<region>.coresystems.net/workforce-management and Look for the Service Call using the Order number from the S4HOP section above.
FSM Connector Errors
In addition, you can check for FSM Connector Errors feature in the Admin module (see screenshot below). The path is in the Admin module:
- Select your Cloud Company. On the left menu, select Messages.
- In the new screen, select FSM Connector Errors.
This article has presented multiple ways to monitor the integration between S4HOP and FSM. We have covered methods for S/4HANA OP, CPI, SAP Cloud Platform, and the FSM platforms. Some steps are specific to one particular integrations, such as the Queue Subscription check for Service Orders only. You can revisit the other parts of this.
How to Integrate FSM with S/4HANA On-Prem (Part 1/3) - Setup: https://cxwiki.sap.com/x/2DSmHg
How to Integrate FSM with S/4HANA On-Prem (Part 2/3) - Testing: https://cxwiki.sap.com/x/qOHPHg
SAP Help on FSM integration with S/4HANA OP: http://bit.ly/s4hop-fsm-integration-guide
To access all our community or out of the box product documentation, please check out our List of Online Resources.