Reimagine your business with fully digitalized processes and real-time information. The SAP Extended Enterprise Content Management (SAP Extended ECM) application by OpenText covers document and records management need including information retrieval and collaboration by connecting e-mails, documents, and other content to core business processes.
Fuel digital innovations with end-to-end intelligent content management
Simplify access to all relevant information
Gain a 360-degree view of all information as part of your business processes across departments and office locations.
Improve business efficiency
Streamline IT, cut application and administration costs, and optimise resource consumption, while shortening cycle time by integrating content with transactions and workflows.
Mitigate compliance risk
Reduce regulatory compliance risk by implementing a DoD 5015.2-certified records management solution for unstructured content, including physical records.
- Integrate with Microsoft Office 365 to support online co-editing, Microsoft Team integration, and more collaboration options
- Leverage business workspace features to strengthen internal collaboration, help ensure accurate information disclosure, and reuse traditional corporate content
- Link any piece of electronic content to business processes to find and share content with greater ease
- Help ensure information accuracy and currency through document version control, access control, and audit trail capabilities
- Enable users to find what they need, when they need it
- Manage scanning requirements with automated metadata tagging and enhanced image scanning
- Support critical business systems and all major scanning hardware to turn paper documents into digital business assets
- Render content into standardised formats automatically to help ensure future readability
- Provide a records management program that spans multiple SAP and third-party systems
- Manage electronic and physical records throughout their lifecycles
- Create classification plans, retention periods, and disposition policies and place items scheduled for destruction on hold
- Retrieve business-related documents from any location to help ensure consistent information flows and efficient global business processes
- Integrate content from multiple SAP and third-party systems to create process-oriented, virtual views directly in your SAP system
- Archive petabytes of digital ECM and SAP content in a common archive store
- Write content onto alternate, unchangeable storage media; time-stamp it; and then retain audit trails within the archive
- Identify duplicate instances of content within the file system to eliminate redundant copies
- Replace paper-based processes with content-centric ones
- Integrate documents with workflows from SAP solutions
See SAP Extended Enterprise Content Management in action
Automate and document the deletion of personal data and related content in managing customer records in compliance with legal requirements for data retention and destruction.
Migrate Data and Content
Find out how SAP can help ensure full access to both structured data and unstructured content while establishing a legally compliant foundation for comprehensive, enterprise-wide information management.
Keep assets running at peak performance by uniting content from disparate systems to accelerate operations, reduce shutdowns and outages, and boost up-time revenue with immediate access.
What are analysts saying about SAP?
Total Economic Impact of SAP Solution Extensions for asset-intensive industries
Consider the study conducted by Forrester to examine the costs and benefits of SAP Solution Extensions for enterprise content management, master data governance and enterprise asset management from Utopia and OpenText. According to this study, customers can recover their costs within seven months and with an ROI of 281%.
Accelerate your move to SAP S/4HANA
SAP Extended ECM by OpenText and SAP Information Lifecycle Management provide advanced content management to support your move to SAP S/4HANA and create intelligent operations. You can enable legacy decommissioning, reduce the size and cost associated with large databases, and strengthen regulatory compliance.
Jump-start your implementation and drive ROI by collaborating with industry experts, consultants, and support engineers throughout your journey.
Transform your business quickly and effectively by taking advantage of our holistic service and support plans, expert consulting services, custom application development, proven best practices, and deep industry and technical knowledge.
Get the support you need to keep your SAP solutions running at peak performance with our IT experts and support services, including long-term plans, embedded teams, remote technology support, self-service portal, and innovation strategies.
Security and Compliance
Focus on your business and customer relationships, while knowing that your data is safe and reliable. With a proactive, predictive approach, SAP helps ensure compliance and data security in the cloud and within an on-premise data centre.
SAP Archiving and Document Access by OpenText
Store, archive, and retrieve all types of documents used in SAP processes and applications with our archiving and document access software.
SAP Document Presentment by OpenText
Maximise the impact of customer communications by creating documents personalised for each customer.
SAP Invoice Management by OpenText
Simplify the creation and management of purchase orders and invoices to streamline your entire accounts payable operation.