Core finance capabilities in the Saudi Arabia-specific version of SAP ERP support local legal requirements and business best practices, and are included in the standard country version of SAP ERP.
Online Help and Legal Changes
Get online help and learn about legal changes* in the latest release of SAP ERP.
News and developments for Saudi Arabia:
KSA Finance Public Sector – Expenditure Order and Payment Order (January 2017)
- SAP announced the delivery of Saudi Arabia Public sector Enhanced Expenditure order and Payment order functionalities.
- SAP delivered the new enhanced product to cater to Saudi Arabia Public sector Finance localization requirements, which satisfies the best practice processes and legal requirements in the area of Payable processes.
- The new product provides the following important legal functions and features, not limited to:
- Expenditure orders posting with sources Financial Invoice (FI), Material Management (MM), Beneficiary Advances, or Employee Advances, using standard posting transactions such as FB60 and MIRO.
- Saudi Arabia Public sector specific localized fields added to the standard FB60 and MIRO transaction for expenditure order document type documents.
- Expenditure order dashboard providing features such as advanced search for expenditure orders and also actions on expenditure orders can be triggered from the dashboard - such as display, edit, print, reverse
- Payment processing for expenditure orders with the following features:
- Possibility to choose different payment types such as Ministry of Finance Payment order generation or Internal Transfer payment
- Budget chapter-wise control for MoF Payment order
- Possibility to configure and maintain the MoF payment status of the payment orders
- Internal transfer control based on the threshold amount
- Payments dashboard providing features such as advances search for payments and actions on payments can be triggered from the dashboard - such as display, Maintain MoF payment status, and print, reverse.
- We strongly recommend existing KSA PS customers to implement this new enhanced solution. All customers using the preceding solution for expenditure order & payment order are asked to refer to the SAP Note “2393438: Notice for availability of Enhanced Expenditure order and Payment order functionality for Saudi Arabia Public sector and planned end of maintenance for old solution” and to reach out to SAP via customer incident for consultation on how to migrate to this new enhanced solution.
- For further information related to the functionality & user guide for the solution, please refer to the SAP Note: 2320270
KSA Finance Private Sector – WHT Return (November 2016)
- In line with the circular from General Authority for Zakat & Income Tax (GAZI), regarding the electronic filling of withholding tax (WHT) returns in ERAD system, we are announce the enhancement and updates made in our exiting Annual and Monthly Withholding Tax Return
- SAP Note: 2355965 - Annual and Monthly WHT report for Saudi Arabia
KSA Finance Private Sector – Qawaem Program (October 2016)
- As part of our support to Saudi Arabia and Ministry of Commerce & investment (MOCI) initiatives, SAP Globalization Services in MENA is delighted to announce the release of SAP localized KSA QAWAEM program function in October 2016.
- Qawaem is a program established by the Ministry of Commerce and Investment. Qawaem program aims at improving and increasing work efficiency and making use of the uploaded financial statements in order to provide outstanding services to beneficiaries, users and stakeholders.
- Now, SAP customers in Saudi Arabia can use Qawaem Program Function to get out of the system ALV output of the four different financial statements for Corporate Sector (Financial position, Income statement, Change of equity, and Cash flow) and apply certain validation rules across these statements
SN 2310227 - QAWAEM Program (Saudi Arabia)
KSA FIN Public Sector - Form 29, Consolidated Financial Statement (March 2016)
- SAP Note 2261340* contains the solution for enabling the necessary changes for the Form 29 to work with the KSA Budget reclassification based on the GFSM2001 System. Implement the corrections in this order:
- Implement the pre-requisites as per SAP Note 2289890 to get the necessary DDIC objects.
- Follow the pre-implementation steps in SAP Note 2261340*.
- Apply the Automatic corrections in SAP Note 2261340*.
- Follow the steps in the manual activity in SAP Note 2261340*.
- Relevant G/L accounts should be added to FSV 'SA29' in respective nodes, to be reported for account balances and trial balance in Form 29.
KSA FIN Public Sector - Adjustment Entry Form (February 2016)
- SAP Note 2263291* – Changes in Saudi Arabia PS Adjustment Entry Form based on GFSM 2001 Budget Classifications
- This SAP Note contains the solution for enabling the necessary changes for the Adjustment Entry Form to work with the KSA Budget reclassification based on GFSM2001 System.
KSA FIN Public Sector - Budget Preparation Reporting (February 2016)
- SN 2235225– Budget Preparation Reporting based on the new Budget classifications (GFSM 2001) in Saudi Arabia
- This solution will enable you to carry out Budget reporting based on GFSM 2001 Budget Classifications
- Prerequisite: You are a Public Sector organization in Saudi Arabia, who has implemented the Budget classification based on the new regulation based on the GFSM2001 accounting principles rolled out by the Ministry of Finance of Saudi Arabia.
- Technical Prerequisite: For customers on EhP6 and EhP7, the minimum prerequisite SP level of SAP EAPSGLO 607: SP 12, should have been implemented Business Function PSM_FM_LOC_CI_09 is activated
Highlights of the country version for Saudi Arabia
Find all Saudi Arabia-related documentation >