Transfer data between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud
More integration between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud to form the ultimate power couple remains a priority. SAP Analytics Cloud users can now transfer data between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud in both directions.
- They can load data – such as actuals – from SAP Data Warehouse Cloud into SAP Analytics Cloud.
- And write back data – forecasts and plans – from SAP Analytics Cloud into SAP Data Warehouse Cloud to display only the leaf members associated with the specific hierarchy selection.
Run planning sequences in analytical apps while connected live to SAP Business Planning and Consolidation
An API is now available to design analytics apps that script and execute planning sequences while connected live to SAP Business Planning and Consolidation.
- Simple planning sequences, such as deleting plan data, to more sophisticated sequences involving multiple steps, prompts and even a final publishing step are supported.
- To expose variables and their current value in the planning sequence is also enabled.
Optimize the experience of viewing and designing stories
Continuing with the story viewing and design optimizations for that were first introduced in 2021, a lot of new features to enhance further performance and usability in Optimized View Mode (OVM) and Optimized Design Experience (ODE) are coming this quarter.
- Both OVM and ODE now support SAP Data Warehouse Cloud data models, linked analysis for all widgets in story, measure-based filters, jump-to-story hyperlinks with filter context, and more.
- ODE also support story translation services, classic account models, new models, and BPC live models, Planning workflows, zero suppression and unbooked data in charts, and more.
Manage master data in multiple languages
Master data member descriptions can now be managed in multiple languages.
- Member descriptions for public dimensions can be translated.
- Each language can be edited directly or loaded from an external source.
- All 49 languages supported for data access are supported for master data translation.
Generate predictive forecasts based on business calendars
SAP Analytics Cloud users can now generate predictive forecasts based on industry-standard business calendar patterns, such as 4-4-5, 13×4, or 5-5-6, as opposed to the Gregorian calendar.
- Predictive models can be built on planning models based on business calendars.
- Machine-generated forecasts can then be written back into the planning model.