Enable a sustainable supply chain with circular economy solutions
Design products sustainably, eliminate waste, and build a sustainable supply chain by integrating ethical and environmentally responsible business practices. Together, we can enable a future with zero waste.
- Design environmentally sustainable products
- Calculate environmental costs across product lifecycles
- Simulate the impact of manufacturing on the environment
- Integrate sustainable requirements into processes
- Satisfy demand with ethically sourced materials
- Collaborate to create accurate demand plans
- Predict scenarios and support circular processes
- Run simulations of demand or supply changes
- Discover qualified suppliers
- Speed up your sourcing cycles
- Create the best-value agreements for sustainable savings
- Manage end-to-end supplier information
- Improve visibility into manufacturing processes
- Track and enhance manufacturing performance
- Reduce unplanned downtime and outages
- Make operations safer
- Support holistic transportation and freight collaboration
- Apply communication standards across your network
- Improve resiliency of logistics processes
- Decrease miles driven, carbon footprint, and energy use
- Maximise asset health and performance
- Extend asset life and reduce energy consumption
- Track the environmental impact of asset operations
- Help ensure operator well-being and compliance
Together with SAP, customers are
Chasing Zero waste
Our production planning is based entirely on SAP Business Technology Platform, which allows us to optimise production according to the needs and capacities of the farm.
Dr. Jan-Gerd Frerichs
Chief Technology Officer, &ever
Circular economy solutions to build a regenerative business
Implement comprehensive value chain transparency and extend sustainability initiatives – from raw materials sourcing to last-mile logistics and product returns and recycling – improving the environment, your business, and people's lives.
Sustainable product design
Optimise material choices by calculating extended producer responsibility (EPR) obligations, plastic taxes, and corporate commitments.
- Calculate fees and taxes accurately and implement measures to reduce regulatory costs
- Identify the right trade-offs and simplify the strategic portfolio decision-making process
- Transition to a circular product portfolio and deliver on zero-waste commitments
Full transparency for ethical sourcing
Empower your agribusiness company to recycle more by connecting smallholder farmers to your agriculture supply chain and get full transparency into the source of your raw materials.
- Monitor, track, and trace your supply chain, from farm to table
- Analyse agricultural commodity sourcing
- Comply with agriculture regulations
Material traceablity and supply chain visibility
Leverage blockchain technology to capture the complete material provenance from raw material to finished product, and share information efficiently and securely.
- Establish 360-degree tranpsarency over materials and end-to-end visiblity
- Ensure consumer confidence through maximum transparency and compliance
- Enable end-to-end multi-ingredient traceability, from raw material origin to finished productLink Text: SAP Logistics Business Network
Synchronised supply chain planning
Help ensure business continuity in times of supply chain disruption by synchronising supply chain planning in real time.
- Model across locations and multilevel bills of material
- Consider capacity and material constraints simultaneously
- Create an operational supply plan with prioritization rules
Safeguard your revenue and brand reputation by delivering products that give more value than they take from our planet with streamlined compliance processes.
- Streamline product development and introduction
- Mitigate risk by using up-to-date information and documents
- Update compliance processes and document creation with efficient requirements
Supporting and industry solutions for a circular economy and sustainable supply chain
Closely monitor waste generation
Manage your environmental impact, and enable a compliant and transparent waste disposal process.
Product lifecycle management
Enable faster and better decisions to meet highly variable and individualised customer requirements for sustainable resource management and product compliance.
Maximise margins on returns, protect your brand, drive carbon-friendly return options, and reduce the amount of goods that end up in landfills.
Facilitate circular logistic flows for containers, pallets, and other packaging by integrating multiple back-end systems and enabling collaboration with partners.
Discover qualified suppliers, speed up sourcing cycles, and create agreements for sustainable sourcing savings.
Closing raw material loops
Optimise the management of waste collection, recycling, and evinromenal service contracts witha veiew to closing circular raw material loops with dedicated industry processes.
Reduce food and goods waste
Use the replenishment planning add-on to lessen costs and waste through effective and efficient replenishment of goods, and getting the right products to the right store at the right time.
Don’t miss out. Take action now.
Kick-start your sustainability strategy
Join the growing number of companies that are taking steps to achieve greater environmental sustainability. Don’t miss out. Let SAP help you start building sustainable and profitable practices into your company’s business operations.
By subscribing to our Sustainability Newsletter, you’ll gain access to the following:
- A newsletter series that arrives every Wednesday for the next five weeks
- A curated collection of our exclusive research, thought-leadership articles, and real-world business examples – all designed to help you navigate the world of sustainable business practices
- After signing up, you can opt out of our communications at any time you wish.
The path to a low-carbon future is circular
Discover why companies need to turn strategies for climate action and circular economy principles into action and anticipate the carbon footprint of all business decisions.
Helping businesses thrive in a circular economy
Learn about SAP's mission to help society solve the waste crisis and eliminate the tidal wave of plastic waste reaching our oceans each day.
New Customer Interaction Center for SAP Waste and Recycling
Find out how you can manage waste-specific logistics, flows, and business processes, including compliance with waste approval and documentation requirements.