SAP Product Engineering
About Thomas Saueressig
- Joined SAP: 2004
- Appointed to Executive Board: 2019
- Current Executive Board term expires: 2025
- Nationality: German
- Year of Birth: 1985
Thomas Saueressig biography
Thomas Saueressig is a member of the Executive Board of SAP SE. He leads the Board area SAP Product Engineering and has global responsibility for all business software applications. This includes all functional areas from product strategy and management to product development and innovation as well as cloud operations and support. He is responsible for a portfolio that includes the SAP S/4HANA suite, the SAP Digital Supply Chain portfolio, SME, SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, and industry solutions. In addition, SAP Product Engineering is responsible for offerings such as SAP Ariba, SAP Concur, SAP Fieldglass, SAP SuccessFactors, and SAP Customer Experience solutions. Saueressig is also in charge of the global SAP Labs Network and the SAP Enterprise Adoption organization including SAP Globalization Services, user enablement, and the overall quality of SAP software products.
Before being appointed the head of SAP Product Engineering, Saueressig was chief information officer (CIO) and global head of IT Services at SAP. As CIO, he was responsible for SAP’s IT strategy and execution following a cloud-first approach. Under his leadership, the IT organization pioneered new business models. Prior to that, he led the enterprise mobility efforts including all cross-functions, followed by global responsibility for the IT project delivery and client IT organizations.
Saueressig started his career at SAP in consulting for CRM implementations. He spent several months in SAP Labs Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, California (USA), and was a Board assistant for several years.
He was included on Fortune’s 40 Under 40 list in 2016. As global sponsor for the SAP Business Women’s Network, the largest employee network at SAP, and for the Women in Technology initiative at SAP, Saueressig supports corporate initiatives for gender equality.
Saueressig has a degree in Business Information Technology from the University of Cooperative Education in Mannheim (Germany) and a joint executive MBA from ESSEC Business School (France) and Mannheim Business School (Germany).
Since April 2022, Saueressig has been a member of the Board of Directors of Nokia.
Other board memberships
- Board of Directors, Nokia Corporation, Espoo, Finland
- Global responsibility for all SAP business software applications
- Responsibility for all functional areas from product strategy and management to product development and innovation as well as cloud operations and support
- Portfolio: SAP S/4HANA, SAP Digital Supply Chain, SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, SME and industry solutions, SAP Ariba, SAP Concur, SAP Customer Experience, SAP Fieldglass, and SAP SuccessFactors
- SAP Enterprise Adoption organization including quality and security of SAP applications, user enablement, and SAP Globalization Services
- Global responsibility for SAP Labs Network
Follow Thomas on social media
- Twitter: @thsaueressig
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thsaueressig/
- SAP Community: https://people.sap.com/thomas.saueressig