Chief Technology Officer
About Juergen Mueller
- Joined SAP: 2013
- Appointed to Executive Board: 2019
- Current Executive Board term expires: 2024
- Nationality: German
- Year of Birth: 1982
Juergen Mueller biography
Juergen Mueller is a member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, leading the Technology and Innovation board area. As Chief Technology Officer (CTO), he oversees SAP’s overall platform and technology development and orchestrates SAP’s innovation agenda.
Juergen contributes to SAP’s vision of enabling every company to become a resilient, sustainable, and intelligent enterprise by providing its technological foundation, SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP). The platform brings together application development, data management, analytics and planning, integration, and artificial intelligence capabilities into one unified environment optimized for SAP applications.
Since joining SAP in 2013, Juergen has held distinct leadership roles, serving as the Head of the Innovation Center Network, Managing Director of SAP Labs Berlin, and SAP’s Chief Innovation Officer. In 2019, Juergen was appointed to the Executive Board of SAP SE as CTO, taking on responsibilities for SAP's platform and development unit.
Juergen has a diploma in business informatics from the University of Goettingen, Germany, and holds a PhD with emphasis on new applications optimized for in-memory databases from the Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam, Germany.
Juergen was included on Fortune’s 40 Under 40 in 2020 and joined the World Economic Forum’s Community of Chief Digital Officers.
- Leading SAP’s technology and innovation strategy
- Development of SAP Business Technology Platform, including SAP HANA, SAP Integration Suite, SAP Analytics Cloud, and Application Development and Automation
- Incubation of new ventures and technologies
- Driving global cloud services
Follow Juergen on social media
- Twitter: @JuerMueller
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/juergmueller/
- SAP Community: https://people.sap.com/juergen.mueller