SAP Crystal Reports, version for Eclipse
Features & Functions
SAP Crystal Reports, version for Eclipse, includes a comprehensive functionality that enables you to access data, design and view reports, and easily integrate them into Java applications.
- Drag-and-drop report design – Drag objects from the palette or field explorer to the report design pane. Leverage a variety of SAP Crystal Reports controls, including tables, charts, text, formulas, images, data fields and parameters. And benefit from freeform placement that enables you to drop objects exactly where you want them to appear within your report.
- Auto-generate SQL statements – Auto-generate an SQL query based on the database fields that you add to your report.
- Cross-tab reports – Design cross-tab reports to easily visualise grouped data.
- Multiple data source support – Use the visual database pane to easily create links between multiple data sources.
- Integrated code assist – Easily access display errors and code assist within the formulas pane with the built-in SAP Crystal Reports, version for Eclipse, code assist feature.
- Data access from the SAP Crystal Reports for Eclipse IDE – Access databases, including IBM DB2, MySQL and Oracle, directly from the SAP Crystal Reports for Eclipse IDE using the standards-based JDBC driver.
- POJO support – Drag and drop your Java classes into your report to use the class definition in your report design
- Rapid development and deployment wizard – Your developers can create custom code for common tasks. Plus, you can easily integrate a report viewer within applications, change the data source, pass in parameters and export the report.
- SAP Crystal Reports Web project – Create a Web project that already includes all of the required runtime configurations. Easily add a sample database and reports to the project.
- JSP page wizard – Drag and drop a report onto a JSP page, or create a new JSP page via the context menu of a report. Choose a number of different stub codes, add parameters to reports, change the database at runtime or export directly to PDF without coding.
- Java reporting component facet – Easily add the SAP Crystal Reports runtime environment to any new or existing Web applications.
- Deployment assistance – Never have to worry about ensuring the proper JDBC drivers are available at runtime. When a report is added to a project, the tooling will ensure that the required runtime libraries are present when the application is built.
- SAP Crystal Reports file versions – Quickly and easily see which file versions are currently in your project and compare this with the file versions installed in the tool. Update your projects with the latest runtime.
- Global property settings – Set your own global settings for the SAP Crystal Report viewers within your preferred workspace. Each time a viewer is added to a JSP page, these preferences will be honoured and the appropriate code modifications will be added.
- Java user function library wizard – Expose Java logic to SAP Crystal Reports formulas. Wrap up logic in a user function library using an easy wizard and your SAP Crystal Reports files will be able to access this same logic.
- Built-in route to the SAP BusinessObjects update site – Use the existing SAP Crystal Reports, version for Eclipse update manager to check and install updates automatically.