Master Data Management (MDM)
Gain a single version of truth about enterprise information
Master data management (MDM) can help you gain a single version of truth about enterprise information, so you can improve business operations.
SAP solutions for enterprise information management (EIM) provide core MDM technology that you can use to consolidate, harmonise, synchronise and govern master data across your enterprise. In addition, you can leverage MDM applications and quick start packages that you can use to address specific horizontal or industry needs. For example, you can:
- Facilitate smooth procurement process with a centralised and accurate product catalogue
- Improve marketing or sales operations with complete and accurate customer information
- Improve quarterly reports by ensuring the quality of financial master data from its creation in SAP ERP to its delivery to other applications
- Ensure global data synchronisation (GDS) by standardising supply chain data with trading partners
- Optimise supplier spend reporting by delivering a consolidated view of material and supplier master data
Discover how SAP solutions for EIM can help you manage and govern master data to improve business processes throughout your enterprise. Learn more about the following:
- SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management – Consolidate, harmonise and distribute master data to provide a single version of supplier, product, customer or user-defined objects.
- SAP Master Data Governance – Govern master data from initial creation in business applications to delivery to other solutions, so you can provide consistent data across the enterprise and facilitate regulatory compliance.