SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM)
SAP CRM FEATURES & FUNCTIONS: TRADE PROMOTION MANAGEMENT
The SAP CRM Trade Promotion Management application empowers account and trade managers to improve control and visibility of the entire trade promotion process. The integrated end-to-end solution enables managers to accurately plan, increase brand presence, and maximise profitability with trade activities.
SAP Trade Promotion Management provides an integrated enterprise solution for these key areas:
- Trade funds management
- Manage the use of trade funds and optimise trade promotion activities.
- Close the loop on funding and settlement processes by integrating trade funds to trade claims.
- Accurately manage trade expenses to planned fund amounts.
- Centrally manage and monitor all trade funds, budget tracking, allocation setting, and utilisation.
- Account planning
- Develop account volume and execution plans that are aligned with headquarters' plans and objectives.
- Gain insights into all relevant marketing and promotional activities through the marketing calendar.
- Develop the best account plans with promotion simulation analysis.
- Automate the approval process from the headquarters out to the field and to the customer.
- Manage promotion planning to indirect customers.
- Trade promotions
- Develop and execute effective trade promotions to drive sales volumes and brand awareness.
- Increase planning efficiencies with promotional templates, promotional guidelines, and agreements.
- Avoid stock outs by integrating the trade promotion planning process with the demand planning process.
- Sales execution
- Facilitate promotion sell-in efforts with historical data and insights.
- Efficiently capture all orders and collateral requests, and feed the information into the demand planning process.
- Manage field activities with activity management tools to plan customer visits and to perform surveys.
- Improve your in-store merchandising execution via follow-up store visits and analysing in-store competition.
- Trade claims management
- Efficiently manage disputes according to agreed contracts.
- Centrally manage all claims with visibility into funds, promotion planning, and validation data.
- Accurately manage all deductions and payments, including charge-backs, write-offs, and period-end rebates.
- Validate retail promotion performance to ensure only valid claims are paid.
- Link claims to associated funds and promotions at payment for accurate accounting.
- Trade promotion analytics
- Make mid-course adjustments to trade plans based on on-going trade execution results.
- Gain insight into trade promotional effectiveness at multiple levels including brand, product, category, account, and segments.
- Understand total trade promotional spending and resulting volume, profitability, and ROI.
- Increase planning and forecasting accuracy with historical performance data and access to financial and demand planning data.