Integrate enterprise-level planning and control with plant operations and manufacturing – for end-to-end efficiency.
- Adapt quickly to changes in customer orders by coordinating manufacturing with local execution
- Use standardised practices to plan and schedule production – for optimal performance
- Integrate manufacturing controls with industry standards – for competitive advantage
Manufacturing Visibility and Performance
Gain real-time visibility into key performance indicators for assets and
- Quickly integrate proprietary plant systems and business data into a unified dashboard
- Enable access to real-time and historical data to provide a platform for improvement
- Optimise maintenance and plant operations through best practices and real-time measurement
Operational Risk Management
Take a holistic approach to operational risk management by providing visibility into operations and supporting environment, health and safety compliance.
- Provide stakeholders with visibility into operational risks across processes and departments
- Keep people and the environment safe with effective investigation and reporting processes
- Ensure asset safety by conducting reliability-centred maintenance and management of work permits
Success Story: Champion Technologies Improves Sustainability
Asset Operations and Maintenance
Integrate maintenance with plant planning and scheduling, service procurement and spare parts management – for a proactive approach to maintenance and faster problem resolution.
- Proactively monitor equipment and use preventive and predictive maintenance techniques
- Get timely equipment information by integrating plant systems – and react quickly to problems
- Automate the entire service and spare parts procurement process
Success Story: Nova Chemicals Improves Plant Maintenance
Asset Portfolio and Project Management
Synchronise capital projects with asset portfolio, performance and information management – for enhanced control and return on capital employed.
- Improve asset portfolio management by integrating processes and assessing risks and priorities
- Streamline capital project management by consistently posting and monitoring financial information
- Manage asset information by enabling collaboration and electronic handover of information
Tesoro: Enhancing Budgeting and Forecasting Processes
Energy and Environmental Resource Management
Track, trace and report on energy consumption and emissions at the equipment level – and drive global Six Sigma initiatives.
- Reduce carbon emissions liability by making energy consumption and emissions visible
- Ensure compliance with laws and policies, providing tools to reduce and report emissions
- Integrate energy costs and emissions penalties into planning and budgeting
Nova Chemicals: Improving Greenhouse-Gas Emissions Credit Management
Demand and Supply Planning
Balance demand and supply and respond to network events more easily with integrated, end-to-end planning processes.
- consolidate internal and external demand – for collaborative demand management
- Drive replenishment and distribution planning back to manufacturers and suppliers
- Balance sales and operations planning by consolidating all relevant input across the network
Borealis: Reduced Stocks by 20% and Increased Sales by 5%*
Logistics and Fulfilment Management
Ensure that your logistics and fulfilment processes are effective and compliant – across your entire supply network.
- Meet customer commitments by managing orders based on available / projected inventory and compliance
- Improve inbound and outbound transportation management and maximise asset utilisation
- Streamline warehouse processes and material flow from the yard right to the shelf
ARC Report: Transportation Management Requirements
Manufacturing Network Planning and Execution
Respond to rapid changes in demand across a network of plants, outsourced manufacturers and suppliers.
- Identify production requirements and source materials across an internal and external network
- Schedule, dispatch and manage plant floor execution in one integrated process
- Synchronise with outsourced manufacturing to increase responsiveness
Dynamically optimise your inventories across a multi-echelon network.
- Set demand-driven, time-phased inventory targets for every item and location in the supply chain
- Integrate with SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse, SAP ERP and SAP SCM
- Optimise your supply chain – inventories, service levels, capacity and costs
Rohm and Haas Co. : Relevant Data for Flexibility and Growth
Supply Chain Performance and Risk Management
Proactively manage your supply chain performance and associated risks using real-time monitoring, analysis and role-based reporting.
- Optimise business content and metrics by applying leading frameworks like SCOR
- Quickly extract and transform data using pre-integrated transactional systems and pre-calculated metrics
- Produce more useful reports with semantically consistent navigation
Product and Service Innovation
Take advantage of best practices for continuous innovation – and create products and services that give you an advantage over the competition.
- Increase visibility and responsiveness to customer needs with better alignment and communication
- Boost product innovation with best practices for product development and IP management
- Implement best practices for systematic programme and project performance monitoring and reporting
Integrate product development, customer requirements and ramp-up to production. Streamline processes, unify product data and reduce time to market.
- Manage portfolio and customer requirements by improving tracking, collaboration and visibility
- Enhance product, recipe and specification development with automated data and project management
- Streamline ramp-up to production processes from development to manufacturing
Success Story: Ashland Creates a Global View of Product Recipes
REACH Compliance and Product Stewardship
Ensure safety and environmental performance to increase marketability and minimise compliance risks.
- Create compliant products by integrating environment, health and safety processes into development
- Manufacture compliant products by embedding compliance controls throughout the supply chain
- Maintain product compliance by implementing compliance checks into the product lifecycle
Success Story: Dow Corning Improves Sustainability
Sales and Marketing Planning
Strategically align sales resources, optimise campaigns and streamline sales planning and forecasting to exceed goals and objectives.
- Integrate profit analysis, customer segmentation and sales planning and forecasting with budgeting
- Synchronise sales and marketing processes to ensure effective lead to opportunity conversion
- Streamline business planning and simulation processes that harmonise strategy and execution
Boost pipeline performance by streamlining selling processes across all sales channels. Generate qualified leads and accelerate buying decisions.
- Generate highly qualified, prioritised leads and automate the lead distribution process
- Track, qualify and distribute leads to the right sales professionals – then monitor conversion
- Identify stalled deals, monitor quotas and test strategies to accelerate your sales cycle
Ensure a superior order experience through accurate pricing, delivery commitments, order execution and service excellence.
- Track orders, product availability, pricing consistency and delivery throughout the lifecycle
- Run automated real-time sales order credit checks at the point of sale
- Issue error-free invoices to realise revenue more quickly and deliver superior customer service
Price and Margin Management
Align stakeholders to make price and margin management a complete business process – from price analysis to deal execution.
- Base prices on what a customer is willing to pay rather than what it costs to make a product
- Automate processes and boost pricing consistency – to react quickly to changing market conditions
- Execute sales deals, set appropriate pricing and evaluate overall deals to speed order to cash
Sales Performance Management and Analytics
Provide global line of business sales managers with actionable metrics for sales performance.
- Increase transparency and accountability – while capitalising on revenue opportunities
- Significantly reduce operating costs and optimise sales effectiveness
- Anticipate and estimate demand based on sales data and customer insights
Drive financial excellence within the chemicals industry environment.
Learn more about our financial management solutions
Successfully manage and grow the best talent – and improve human resources
Learn more about our human resources management solutions
Drive efficiency and performance within your IT infrastructure.
Learn more about our information management solutions
Make better, faster procurement decisions with improved procurement
visibility and processes.
Learn more about our procurement solutions
Sustainability Performance Management
Empower executive leadership to create and execute sustainability strategies – minimising risk and maximising opportunity.
- Align sustainability performance with finance, manufacturing, HR and other operations
- Get accurate, timely reporting based on accepted standards
- Leverage pre-packaged sustainability and compliance content
- Rely on the only solution that links key business information to sustainability reporting
Solutions for Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs)
Improve operating efficiencies – and achieve a fast ROI – with integrated software designed for small and midsize chemical companies.
- Improve cycle time and capacity utilisation – and reduce capital requirements
- Achieve faster time to market with collaborative design processes throughout the product lifecycle
- Increase visibility into customer data to meet dynamic demand and product requirements
Solution Brief: SAP Software Tailored for Chemical Companies