SAP Portfolio and Project Management
With SAP Portfolio and Project Management, your organization gains the following benefits:
- Increased execution speed and lower project costs – Use project templates to standardize project execution processes and optimize tasks – speeding up implementation and reducing administrative burdens.
- Efficient use of resources – Assign employees at the right time to the right place from the right pool – so they can achieve their full potential.
- Tighter alignment with organizational objectives – Score initiatives on their support for strategic objectives consistently and accurately, so you can demonstrate – and increase – their value to the business.
- Maximized portfolio value with optimal balance – Select, win, and retain desirable projects while maintaining a balanced portfolio based on acceptable risk, changing business objectives, and varied investment types.
- Increased transparency and better decisions – Unify information from SAP and non-SAP sources, enabling stakeholders to identify underperforming or overlapping projects, risks, and resource bottlenecks sooner and make midcourse adjustments.
- Better resource utilization – Capture demand for resources, prioritize it, and match it to the available supply in your HR and financial systems. The appropriate source – internal, contract, outsourced, or offshore – can be determined, lowering costs while ensuring that critical activities are staffed most effectively.
- Improved, expedited portfolio governance – Streamline and enforces approval for funding, resource assignments, gate decisions, and ongoing evaluations with Automated, role-based workflow. Support Sarbanes-Oxley sections 302 and 404 to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Enforce corporate, new product development, and IT investment policies using rigorous process controls backed up by workflow.
- Lower total cost of ownership – Leverage your existing investment in IT systems and skills with prebuilt, services-based integration to a variety of SAP and non-SAP back-end systems.