Features & Functions of SAP CRM
||With SAP CRM, we can now manage complex customer interactions and contact information, as well as run our service processes more efficiently.
Sung Joo Park
Manager, Information Systems
SAP CRM provides an e-commerce application that enables you to turn the Internet into both a profitable sales channel and an interaction channel for business customers and consumers. With SAP CRM, you can empower your customers with a personalized Web experience and convenient self-services. Plus, the application delivers a fully integrated Web channel, helping you strengthen sales and service operations while reducing transaction costs and customer service calls.
SAP CRM enables a complete range of e-commerce processes, including:
- Support demand generation and customer loyalty processes via the Internet.
- Personalize your customers' Web experiences with the most relevant and convenient online interactions and information.
- Generate additional revenue through a Web-based channel via comprehensive support for catalog management, content management, campaign execution, customer segmentation, personalization, and a store locator.
- Run business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-consumer (B2C) selling processes on the Internet.
- Enable a full range of e-selling processes, including quote and order management, pricing and contracts, interactive selling and configuration, web auctions, and selling via partners.
- Streamline sales and fulfillment operations with an end-to-end order-to-cash process.
- Offer your customers an intuitive channel to perform service tasks, from requesting a service visit to logging a complaint or registering a product.
- Enable customers to perform service-related tasks such as checking order status, obtaining order tracking information, managing accounts and payments, and researching and resolving product problems.
- Service complex products that require sophisticated maintenance.
- Gain insight into, analyze, and act on e-business trends.
- Measure and optimize the success of your Web shop and online content.
- Perform analysis across the breadth of marketing, sales, and service from a Web perspective and track and use Web behavior to target customers and drive future marketing activities.
Flexible Implementation Options for SAP Customers
SAP gives you an easy way to leverage your existing SAP functionality and IT investments to build an e-commerce presence. You can implement the SAP E-Commerce application with your existing SAP ERP application for an entry-level solution to quickly turn the Web into a profitable sales and interaction channel. The application supports end-to-end, order-to-cash processes with easy-to-use, interactive selling and self-services – and provides an easy upgrade path to the complete SAP CRM application.
In addition, customizable Web shop templates for different industries and business models, including B2B and B2C models, can speed the implementation of both SAP E-Commerce for SAP ERP and SAP E-Commerce for SAP CRM.