COMPONENTS & TOOLS OF SAP NetWeaver:
SAP NetWeaver EXCHANGE INFRASTRUCTURE
SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure provides open integration technologies that support process-centric collaboration among SAP and non-SAP applications, both within and beyond enterprise boundaries.
Through the strength of its integration capabilities, SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure enables a new breed of adaptive business solution -- and ensures process-centric collaboration across the extended value chain. Features and functions include:
- Standards-based process integration -- SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure enables the integration of collaborative processes across multiple application components and enterprise boundaries. Processes are integrated using standards-based XML messaging, and all related information is modeled using Web services standards.
- Integration knowledge management -- Integration knowledge ranging from design time to configuration time is stored and managed in a central integration repository and integration directory. This includes information about interface schema, required mappings, business scenarios, and business processes. An integrated toolset lets you maintain, store, and change this information, which is then used to drive the integration of processes at run time.
- Prepackaged integration content -- SAP solutions based on SAP NetWeaver use SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure to model cross-component business processes and scenarios. Interface schema and required mappings are defined along the way. The accumulated integration knowledge offers standards-based flexibility for integrating solutions in a heterogeneous application landscape.
- Business process management -- SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure drives and controls complex business processes across business applications and enterprise boundaries. It covers the full process life cycle, including design, execution, monitoring, analysis, and optimization. It orchestrates messaging between systems and business partners by using stateful interactions. SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure works with ARIS for SAP NetWeaver, which contains a constituent view of your company's business processes.
- Heterogeneous landscape connectivity -- Adapters allow connectivity with all kinds of applications in a heterogeneous landscape. SAP provides a range of adapters with SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure to integrate not only existing SAP solutions through IDoc and BAPI interfaces, but also non-SAP systems through file, messaging, database, or Web service interfaces. An open adapter framework allows the use of partner adapters to extend connectivity options to legacy and packaged applications as well as to proprietary technology platforms.
- B2B integration -- B2B integration requires the ability to maintain partner information and communicate with partners through an agreed protocol. SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure stores collaboration partner profiles centrally in the integration directory, and communication with partners is based on this data. A partner connectivity kit allows the integration of partners that don't use SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure or another integration solution. Support for industry-standard protocols such as RosettaNet is provided through an adapter and corresponding mappings.