COMPONENTS & TOOLS OF SAP NetWeaver:
SAP NetWeaver MOBILE
SAP NetWeaver Mobile is the technical foundation for enterprise mobility within SAP NetWeaver -- and provides the technology that powers SAP solutions for mobile business.
With SAP NetWeaver Mobile, your business can mobilize quickly, taking advantage of existing IT infrastructure and extending your tried-and-true business processes within and beyond enterprise boundaries.
SAP NetWeaver Mobile comprises three mobile client technologies to enable standardized mobile business solutions as well as customer-specific developments. These clients are optimized for specific user roles and target devices.
- Mobile Java client -- Optimized for personal digital assisted (PDA) or handheld devices that display occasionally connected applications, such as mobile asset management
- Mobile .NET client -- Designed for Microsoft Windows-based devices that display occasionally connected CRM field applications with a rich function set
- Mobile browser client -- Designed for mobile devices that are always connected to a Web server using a technology such as WAP, wireless LAN, Bluetooth, and GPRS
As an integrated component of SAP NetWeaver, SAP NetWeaver Mobile leverages the overall platform benefits. Features and functions include:
- Mobile business in both connected and disconnected modes -- Because SAP NetWeaver Mobile provides a local run-time environment, employees can perform their jobs whether disconnected or connected to the systems at their main office.
- Synchronization -- With solutions powered by SAP NetWeaver Mobile, employees can store data offline on their mobile device and then synchronize information on back-end systems as needed.
- Development of mobile solutions -- SAP NetWeaver Mobile provides a mobile development kit that helps developers build and customize mobile solutions that are tightly integrated with the back-end system.
- Central administration and deployment -- SAP NetWeaver Mobile provides a console that enables system administrators to centrally manage mobile solutions and infrastructure.