- We work closely with partners to build, service, and sell SAP solutions for customers.
- SAP has more than 13,000 partners worldwide.
- Partners engaged with nearly 90% of new SAP customers in 2015.
Working Together to Extend SAP’s Reach in the Marketplace
SAP proudly works with a network of more than 13,000 partners worldwide that helps companies of all sizes tackle complexity, grow their business, and Run Simple. SAP partners extend our reach in the marketplace and accelerate our Company’s growth, reaching thousands of new companies and millions of users each year. Our partner community plays an important role in our success, delivering expertise through pioneering solutions to provide our mutual customers tools to succeed in the developing digital and services-based economy.
Partners add tremendous value to both SAP and customers. They sell our software and cloud services, develop complementary software and solutions, and provide a broad portfolio of implementation and professional services that support customers across all geographies and industries.
Last year we saw outstanding growth in SAP’s partnerships. For example, partners were responsible for nearly 90% of new SAP software customers. SAP Business One, one of our core ERP solutions for small and midsize enterprises (SMEs) and sold exclusively through partners, reached its 50,000th customer. Nearly 55% of all SAP S/4HANA software license deals were won by partners and our cloud revenue through partners reported triple-digit growth. Together with our strategic technology and service partners, we created a number of powerful and compelling joint solutions and services that help customers transform and run their businesses simpler.
In the past year, SAP made several transformational moves designed to increase our joint success in the market, including:
- SAP SME Solutions: More than 80% of SAP customers are small and midsize enterprises (SMEs), and we support the majority through our partner networks and other channels. To boost our reach, we introduced this SME-specific portfolio marketing approach and a Run Simple advertising and demand generation campaign around our core ERP solutions for SMEs: SAP Business All-in-One, SAP Business ByDesign, and SAP Business One. As growing businesses transform in the digital economy, SAP has equipped partners with these and other tools, solutions, and programs they need to drive more demand in this important market.
- SAP Anywhere debut: Late in 2015, we launched SAP Anywhere, a revolutionary cloud solution that allows small businesses to connect with customers anytime, anywhere on any device. It is now available in China and is expected to be introduced in the United Kingdom and the United States in 2016. SAP Anywhere represents a new opportunity for partners. With our commitment to “SAP Anywhere, Everywhere,” our partners can resell a complete cloud-based solution that manages marketing, sales, and e-commerce activities in one complete front-office system using real-time analytics.
- SAP PartnerEdge program enhancements: To build stronger relationships and increased business opportunities, SAP introduced the next generation of its flagship partner program in 2015. Among the improvements, we reduced the number of partner engagement options from more than 30 to just four – Run, Build, Service, and Sell – making it easier for partners to engage with SAP. We streamlined processes and relaunched the SAP PartnerEdge Web site to give partners easier access to resources and real-time visibility into their SAP business.
While reselling, implementation, and services are a large part of our ecosystem’s effort, SAP partner innovation on our technology platforms is also essential to market penetration. Partners develop their own applications and solutions called SAP Solution Extensions, which can then be sold to customers and other partners. These partner-developed solutions are tested, validated, approved, and supported by SAP.
In addition, the SAP PartnerEdge program for Application Development, which grew to more than 1,100 active members in 2015, encourages partners to build complementary solutions on top of our technology platforms – and quickly monetize those solutions through SAP e-commerce channels.
Partners also embed SAP technology within their offerings under an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) licensing agreement, giving customers SAP software functionality backed by partner industry knowledge and expertise.
2015 was a seminal year for our partner managed cloud business, where our partner recruitment and enablement success has expanded the number of customers benefiting from the flexibility, rapid time to value, and pay-as-you-go economics of a managed cloud with enterprise-class SAP solutions.
SAP will continue to drive business growth through partners in 2016, continuing to identify and recruit key partners and develop the innovative programs and initiatives that fuel our mutual success.