- SAP helps customers Run Simple for more sustainable business models.
- The Customer Engagement Initiative offers customers early insight into planned innovations, so they can influence new developments
- We saw strong customer wins in every region.
Helping Customers Run Simple
When SAP customers Run Simple, it improves their ability ultimately to become best-run businesses that create more sustainable business models – which, in turn, help us ensure our own long-term viability. That is why we strive to provide more than just software and services; we continually engage with our customers at every stage – not only during the sales and implementation phases, but also through the sharing of best practices and innovations.
One example of this strategy is our Customer Engagement Initiative. This program offers customers early insight into certain aspects of our planned innovations, so they can influence new developments. In addition, it offers customers the opportunity to network on topics of mutual interest. These networking opportunities take place at a variety of global events, including the SAPPHIRE NOW, SAP Select, SAP Forum, and SAP TechEd conferences, as well as virtual events.
Customer Focus Reflected in Customer Net Promoter Score
Customer loyalty is one of our four Company-wide strategic objectives, along with growth, profitability, and employee engagement. In 2015, our combined on-premise and cloud Customer NPS is 22.4% (2014: 19.1%). Due to changes in sampling, resulting from ongoing efforts to implement the survey process holistically in recently acquired entities, the 2015 score is not fully comparable with the prior year’s score.
Our goal continues to be to best support our customers’ success and the success of SAP. For example, we are expanding on the insights provided by our surveys through root cause analysis to gain a better understanding of customer problems, why they happened, and what needs to be done to prevent those problems from happening again.
Our combined on-premise and cloud NPS target for 2016 is 25%, 2.6 percentage points above our 2015 achievement.
Strong Customer Demand
Our strategy focuses on offering solutions and services to help customers Run Simple today and tomorrow. To do so, we offer a spectrum, from complete suites to applications that are lean, focused, quick to implement, and highly mobile. In 2015, we saw customers embrace this strategy by licensing or subscribing to the full range of SAP software, from comprehensive solutions for large enterprises to the latest mobile apps.
Some examples by region include the following customers:
North America and Latin America (Americas) Region
- Adobe, a multinational computer software company, has chosen the SAP Hybris Billing solution as its monetization and billing platform to support a new SaaS business model. Adobe seeks to support fast subscription-revenue growth on a flexible and scalable platform, while significantly reducing time to launch innovative and flexible offers and promotions.
- American Airlines, the world’s largest airline, has selected several SAP SuccessFactors solutions, as well as the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service and SAP HANA Cloud Platform. The company’s goal is to enhance service to its employees and reduce operating costs while remaining focused on its core business.
- Eastman Kodak, a technology company focused on imaging, selected the SAP S/4HANA suite to help reduce total cost of IT ownership. In addition, Kodak plans to establish an IT infrastructure to position its organization for future growth and innovation.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE) has committed to and invested in implementing one of the largest installations of the SAP S/4HANA Finance solution for their internal foundational platform to support its digital transformation. With SAP S/4HANA, HPE aims to be better able to take advantage of real-time access to operational and financial data with the goal of improving the speed of decision making and operating more efficiently; reducing the time for financial close; and delivering actionable intelligence throughout its business. The aim is to ensure HPE becomes more competitive in the marketplace.
- Stara, a leader in agricultural machinery headquartered in Brazil, selected SAP HANA Cloud Portal, as well as SAP Cloud for Customer, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, and SAP SuccessFactors Talent Management solutions. Stara expects to simplify its business processes while improving sales efficiency through greater control of critical company information.
Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) Region
- Boryung Pharmaceutical, one of the leading pharmaceutical manufacturers in South Korea, selected SAP S/4HANA Finance for its simple user experience, simple business solution, simple data model, and shorter go-live time.
- La Trobe University in Australia went live with SAP S/4HANA Finance. As one of the first organizations globally to adopt SAP S/4HANA Finance, La Trobe University aims to benefit from instant insight across financial and operational processes to drive value through planning, analysis, prediction and simulation. They have a term for it; they call it “Brilliant Basics.”
- Lenovo Group, a multinational computer technology company, is expanding its HANA footprint by moving data from all systems to the SAP HANA platform.
- PetroChina, China’s largest oil producer, has implemented SAP Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA and SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence solutions. Since the system went live in late July, HR reporting performance is three to ten times faster than before, which has empowered HR director-level management to make strategic decisions based on Big Data analysis.
- St Barbara, an Australian-based, ASX-listed gold producer and explorer, selected the SAP SuccessFactors Performance & Goals solution. The solution has enabled St Barbara to replace its paper-based performance management process with a cloud-based solution that also supports its offshore locations.
Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Region
- ArcelorMittal, the world’s leading steel and mining company, selected SAP S/4HANA to streamline business processes, improve productivity, and decrease costs. The company seeks to enhance its position by serving an increasingly strong innovation agenda around the world.
- Bosch Group, a leading global supplier of technology and services, has chosen SAP S/4HANA to rebuild its IT infrastructure, seeking a simplified and harmonized landscape that helps them offer connected services to customers.
- City Football Group (CFG) is the owner of a number of soccer-related businesses including Manchester City Football Club and New York City Football Club. CFG and its clubs will implement a wide variety of cloud-based solutions powered by SAP HANA with the aim of simplifying their worldwide operations, scaling their business, increasing productivity, and enhancing the fan experience.
- E.ON Group has chosen the limited runtime edition of SAP HANA; SAP Mobile Platform; and SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite. The company, which is splitting into two entities, seeks to streamline its system landscape, replace homegrown software, and reduce its on-premise footprint.
- Hydro, a global aluminium company based in Norway, selected SAP S/4HANA to “replatform” and renew its IT system landscape. With the suite, Hydro expects to have access to real time information, thereby running at optimal efficiency and safety, which are key elements of its strategic vision.
Helping Customers Invest
To help companies invest in SAP solutions and associated services and hardware, SAP Payment services offers customers payment plans. SAP Payment services can help preserve liquidity, provide an alternative to credit from customers’ existing banking relationships, and balance their budgetary priorities, while giving them the flexibility to choose their preferred solution.