SAP Global Certification Policy
Conditions For Program Participation
Admission to the certification examination is at SAP's sole discretion.
Examinations, Personal Data
- SAP will define and publish the scope to be covered by each examination, which is subject to change by SAP without notice.
- SAP will define and publish the format and duration of the examination, which are subject to change by SAP without notice.
- Examinations and certificates are release-dependent; that is to say, examinations cover and certificates are valid in respect of a particular software release.
- SAP reserves the right to limit the validity period of a release-dependent certificate. The validity of a certificate expires not later than the date at which SAP ends support of the release in question.
- SAP will define at SAP's discretion the releases for which examinations will be offered and their validity in time.
- SAP may offer a delta-certification test to upgrade an existing certificate for a particular release to a subsequent software release. Delta-certification test candidates must hold the certificate for the current release. Possession of the certificate for a back-level release does not entitle a candidate to admission to a delta-certification test. SAP reserves the right to include in delta-certification tests topics of general knowledge and importance as well as topics specific to the new release.
- SAP or its subsidiaries store and process personal and examination data in accordance with the applicable statutory data protection provisions for the purpose of managing the Global Certification Program. Candidates must confirm electronically their acceptance of such storage and processing before admission to the examination.
- At least two forms of identification, including a government – issued photo identification, have to be shown to the test center personnel. Both forms of identification must contain your signature.
- The candidate must arrive at the testing center at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled test appointment. If the candidate arrives more than 15 minutes late, it is at the discretion of the testing center personnel whether the candidate can be seated without disrupting the other exams in progress.
- The candidate is not permitted to bring papers, books, bags, computers, cell phones, personal organizers, cameras or calculators into the testing room. Scratch paper will be provided by testing center personnel for use while testing. All scratch paper is collected and destroyed by testing center personnel at the end of the exam.
- The candidate must complete the examination alone and independently. No extra help of any kind is allowed.
- The examination is timed and the examination time cannot be interrupted or extended.
- Candidates must follow the proctor's instructions.
- The examination questions and tasks are proctored by copyright and must not be written down, copied, photographed or otherwise reproduced in whole or in part or made available to others in any form.
- If a candidate disturbs the examination or breaks any examination rule, that candidate will be excluded from the examination immediately.
Assessment and Results
- The examination is evaluated automatically in accordance with general rules defined by SAP.
- Candidates are informed of their result by receiving a score report if successfully passing their certificate, or other feedback.
- Successful candidates receive a unique certificate.
- Appeals must be lodged within three months of communication of the result to the SAP Education office in the country in which the exam has been taken. SAP is not required to review appeals lodged after these three months and is thereafter entitled to destroy the documents.
- SAP will hold the results of the examination in a database in order to be able to ascertain, if necessary, what certification a candidate holds and whether a candidate can be admitted to other examinations. SAP may also use the data held to provide targeted information to certified candidates and to enable candidates to retrieve specific information. SAP may also inform others of successful candidates' certification.
Changes to Test Taker Information
- Successful candidates must inform the SAP international subsidiary where the candidate passed the original Certification in writing of any change of address, of name, of employer, or of any other relevant change, attaching official documents and a statement by the new employer, as appropriate.
- Unsuccessful candidates may retake the same examination.
- Successful candidates are not permitted to retake the same examination.
- No candidate may participate in the same examination for the same release more than three times. A candidate who has failed an examination three times for a release may not attempt that examination again until the next release.
- A candidate may not retake an examination until 30 days after the failure.
- Before admission to the same examination a third time, the candidate must produce evidence of training suitable to rectify the gaps identified in the candidate's competence at previous examinations.
- The retake possibility is dependent on the availability of the exam to be retaken. Retake candidates may have to attempt the examination for a later release.
- Candidates pay a fee for all retakes.
- Candidates violating the SAP retake policy may be subject to any appropriate action, including legal remedies, that SAP deems necessary or appropriate to enforce SAP's retake policy.
- Beta exams may be taken only once.
Certification Fees and Regulations
- Candidates pay a certification fee for admission to the examination.
- This certification fee covers the examination, assessment, and, for successful candidates, the certificate.
Infringements of the Examination Rules
- In the event of a serious infringement of the examination rules, all certificates that have been awarded to the candidate will be revoked and the candidate will be excluded from further examinations. The candidate will be requested to return all certificates to SAP without delay.
- In the event of a minor infringement of the examination rules, the exam of the candidate concerned will be documented as a "fail" but the candidate may retake in accordance with the SAP retake policy.
- Infringement of copyright and other unlawful harm to SAP will be treated as a serious infringement of the examination rules and will result in the actions indicated above. SAP will use proper judgment and fairness in deciding whether an infringement is serious or minor. The candidate concerned will receive written notification of the actions with justification of this action.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These conditions of participation apply to the exclusion of all other conditions. These conditions cannot be changed or added to, and SAP's failure expressly to reject a change or addition will not be construed as SAP's acceptance of the change or addition.
- These conditions of participation are governed exclusively by German law.
- If the other party is a registered trader for the purposes of the German Commercial Code (Handelsgesetzbuch), the sole place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising between the parties out of or in connection with these conditions is Karlsruhe, Germany.
Certification through SAP
Certification events are offered in different countries. Note that SAP training and certification offerings vary across different countries and regions around the world. For test registration information contact your local SAP Education training center or go to http://www.pearsonvue.com/sap.