SAP Business Suite for High Tech
Run your entire high tech organisation in real time – with SAP Business Suite powered by our market-leading in-memory computing platform, SAP HANA.
- Dramatically accelerate your core business processes to run at market speed
- Empower your people to decide and act in the moment with real-time insights
- Uncover and seize new growth opportunities ahead of the competition
- Deploy on your company server, as an appliance, or via the cloud
SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA
Demand and Supply Planning
Balance demand and supply plans – and quickly respond to network events – with integrated, end-to-end planning processes.
- Correlate POS purchases, promotions, forecasts, orders and other indicators to predict demand
- Anticipate and respond to replenishment and distribution plans
- Consolidate sales and operations inputs to profitably balance supply and demand across the network
LSI Logic: Reducing Lead Significantly
Respond effectively to changes in your supply network, quickly determine the impact of unexpected events – and be better equipped to reduce risk.
- Adjust plans on the fly with strategies that target fixed-material, short-term operations
- Prioritise customer demand and re-allocate supply using flexible rules
- Create optimal plans using what-if simulations and impact analysis
Respond efficiently to rapid changes in demand across a network of plants, outsourced manufacturers and suppliers.
- Determine and source production requirements across internal and external sites
- Follow a seamless, integrated process to schedule, dispatch and execute on the plant floor
- Orchestrate responsive execution of outsourced manufacturing
- Shorten manufacturing and supply lead times without increasing procurement costs
Lexmark 2012 – Mobile Business processes
Increase service levels, product availability and customer satisfaction – while improving asset utilisation and inventory turns.
- Establish demand-driven, time-phased inventory targets to optimise supply for every item
- Optimise relationships between inventories, service levels, capacity and costs
- Use analytics and hypothetical optimisation models to manage uncertainty
Celestica: Optimised $335M in Re-order Point Value*
Performance and Risk Management
Proactively manage your supply chain performance and associated risks with real-time monitoring, analysis and role-based reporting.
- Comply with leading frameworks, such as the supply chain operations reference (SCOR) model
- Gain faster insights with pre-built transactional systems and pre-calculated metrics
- Improve analysis and reporting with semantically consistent navigation across data
- React quickly to market changes by readily defining or refining metrics and threshold values
Virtual Events Webcast: Get the Best Results with SAP Business Planning and Consolidation
Adapt quickly to customer changes, eliminate wasteful activities and foster complete customer satisfaction with integrated manufacturing processes.
- Coordinate global operations and planning with local execution
- Optimise plant-level operations with integrated planning and scheduling practices
- Integrate manufacturing controls with industry processes and standards
Philips: Cutting New-Product Lead Time
Multichannel Sales and Revenue Management
Align global account management, marketing and sales operations to drive revenue – with end-to-end cross-functional processes.
- Exceed goals and objectives by strategically aligning sales and marketing resources
- Make buying decisions faster by streamlining selling processes across channels
- Increase order accuracy to reduce costs and retain empowered customers
Rights and Royalty Management
Manage and monetise digital content, centralise rights-related processes across departments and reduce data fragmentation.
- Simplify contracting, rights usage reporting and settlement of fee and royalty payments
- Manage intellectual property assets and rights across the global enterprise
- Manage licensing and merchandising to optimise content use
Consume to Cash
Monetise services by facilitating pricing, rating, revenue sharing and balance management. Plus, support major processes with billing and invoicing scenarios.
- Gain unrivalled speed to market and business flexibility to better handle emerging services
- Optimise financials, controls, cash flow and revenue recognition
- Manage multi-sided business models, including app stores, SaaS, M2M, MVNO and partner content
Web Page: Consume to Cash
Service Parts Planning and Logistics
Strike the right balance between parts inventory and customer service levels with greater visibility across the entire service-parts supply chain.
- Create the optimal strategy to have the right part at the right time at the right location
- Reduce transportation costs with a balanced inventory plan and efficient distribution network
- Optimise parts allocation based on real-time visibility into internal and external demand
- Facilitate collaboration with customers and the supplier ecosystem
Cat Logistics: Sharing Lessons in Demand Planning
Field Service, Warranty and Returns
Manage all field service operations – from ordering to scheduling to parts provisioning. Optimise your use of field technicians while meeting and enforcing SLAs.
- Streamline field service processes and give personnel easy access to order information
- Optimise workforce scheduling with integrated, best-of-breed resource planning capabilities
- Manage spare parts for optimal availability and give field personnel access to van inventory
Konica Minolta: Meeting Complex Contractual Demands
Connect all product development processes – from design to manufacturing and production ramp-up – to reduce time to profit.
- Speed manufacturing and optimise production through collaborative development
- Leverage compliant product and process traceability
- Increase lead time, improve vendor screening and maintain production standards
- Detect manufacturing problems early and get quick feedback on planned changes to maintain quality
White Paper: Integrated Product Development
Ensure the safety and environmental performance of your products to optimise marketability and minimise non-compliance risk.
- Develop safe, green products with appropriate documentation, registration and labelling
- Manufacture products using supplies and materials that adhere to compliance standards
- Provide product restrictions, recycling targets and incident reports to maintain compliance
Brochure: Driving Value with Product and REACH Compliance
Synchronise your strategy with product and project execution – to maintain an innovation pipeline that ensures competitive differentiation.
- Improve market visibility and responsiveness to consumer needs
- Support best-practice product innovation with open-concept development and effective IP management
- Ensure end-to-end coordination of projects and resources
- Monitor and report on product performance for efficient portfolio management
Solution in Detail: Continuous Innovation for Products and Services
Leverage automated, self-service procurement and ensure contract and policy compliance to reduce cost and mitigate supply risk.
- Integrate and standardise your entire procure-to-pay process
- Unify and automate your operational procurement process
- Automate source-of-supply determination
Solution Brief: Spend Performance Management
Sourcing and Contract Management
Centralise sourcing and contract management to ensure compliance and reduce cost. Plus, minimise supply risk and error with collaborative supplier management.
- Integrate suppliers into the procurement cycle and automate processes
- Support a supplier on-boarding process that includes a staging area for qualification
- Evaluate supplier performance and initiate quality improvement measures
Solution Brief: Rapid Time to Value with SAP SRM
High-Tech Solutions for Small and Medium Enterprises
Run business at peak efficiency, foster innovation and increase agility with solutions built to support SME growth and quick ROI.
- Reduce time to market and speed response to dynamic customer demand
- Increase the incidence of perfect orders and reduce inventories
- Improve global cost management and quickly respond to market changes and operational events
Web Link: SAP Software for Small and Midsize High-Tech Companies
In-Memory Computing and High-Performance Analytics
Analyse high-tech market dynamics in real time. Seize opportunities across lines of business to get insight into product management, sales and operations.
- Get a real-time view of market trends, customer needs and shifts in the sales pipeline
- Quickly simulate and optimise go-to-market programmes to reflect customer buying preferences
- Instantly evaluate granular changes in supply and demand and respond in real time