SAP for Public Sector - Municipal Governments:
The Business Process of Tax and Revenue Management
SAP solutions help local governments manage and comply with the requirements of public tax and revenue agencies, property tax agencies, and utility billing, while also addressing the needs of citizens. The solutions support a range of key activities, such as:
- Taxpayer management -- Interact with taxpayers by registering new taxpayers or new accounts, setting up filing frequencies, and supporting multi-channel filing, such as paper-based forms and electronic filing. Plus, you can automate the validation of tax returns, calculate tax liability, and trigger further actions, such as reminder letters and penalty calculations.
- Property tax management -- Take control of the entire property tax life cycle -- from evaluation and assessment to revenue accounting. Local governments can identify and associate all transactions with a single citizen to improve quality of service and efficiency. Furthermore, you can manage all business associated with a physical parcel through one, property-centric view.
- Utility billing -- Adapt to changes in fixed rates, variable rates, and rule-based assessments seamlessly and accurately to accommodate any utility billing requirements.
- Collection and disbursement -- Process payments using a variety of payment methods, including manual processing of payments that cannot be assigned or settled automatically.
- Case management -- Manage a variety of case types, such as bankruptcy cases and audit cases, using a centralized information repository for managing events that are triggered from multiple sources. You can also recover outstanding receivables using internal collection departments.
- Financial customer care and dispute management -- Conduct all financial-related communications with your citizens through multiple communication channels. The solutions include integrated receivables and collections management capabilities that ensure your service agents have the information they need to provide accurate answers and take immediate action -- ensuring that disputes are handled effectively and rapidly.
Tax and revenue management is enabled with SAP applications such as SAP ERP and SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM). To find out how these applications can help you improve your tax and revenue management, please complete the "Contact SAP" form and request information about enterprise resource planning or customer relationship management.