Corporate Social Responsibility
SAP's corporate social responsibility program in Canada supports a wide range of projects and activities – from corporate giving and education programs to employee volunteerism. The program demonstrates how incorporating community stakeholders into our business network not only supports corporate goals and responsibility, but also encourages nonprofit organizations to promote social change in a positive and sustainable way.
SAP supports several major corporate social responsibility initiatives, including:
- SAP North America Scholarship Program – Recognizes outstanding undergraduate students pursuing a degree in business, computer science, mathematics, or engineering.
- SAP National Partnership Program – Maintains mutually beneficial partnerships between SAP and charitable organizations with a national scope.
- SAP Local Partnership Program – Maintains mutually beneficial partnerships between SAP and charitable organizations with a local/regional scope.
- Community Involvement Committees – Brings together SAP employees to discuss and make decisions about charitable giving and volunteerism.
- SAP Technology Donations – Through its business intelligence platform, SAP helps organizations gain better insight into their business, improve decision making, and optimize performance.
- Education Alliances Program – Helps academic institutions and researchers educate the next generation of business leaders and foster technological innovation through the SAP University Alliances program. Approximately 6,000 students at more than 20 member schools in Canada are using SAP Business Suite applications in courses to reinforce the concepts being taught by faculty and make the link between theory and "practical application" in the real world.
- SAP Matching Gift Program – Extends SAP's corporate giving by matching employee gifts to Canadian nonprofit agencies.
- Volunteerism – Encourages and supports SAP employee volunteerism, in addition to specific national and local programs. In this regard, we partner with Volunteer Canada and its local volunteer center affiliates to support community service throughout Canada. SAP also recognizes that our senior executives are excellent ambassadors for SAP, and we encourage them to lend their management expertise to nonprofit organizations as both volunteers and board members. The Executive Community Leadership Program facilitates and supports the service of SAP executives on nonprofit boards.
Read our corporate social responsibility grant guidelines.