Features & Functions of SAP ERP Operations
Procurement and Logistics Execution
With SAP ERP Operations, you can quickly maximize cost savings. You can automate and streamline procurement processes to identify, realize, and sustain cost savings for all spend categories.
SAP ERP Operations delivers features and functions that help you manage these business processes:
- Perform the complete procure-to-pay process, including requisitioning, purchase-order management, and invoice verification.
- Manage catalog content and enable employee self-service procurement of material and services.
- Integrate all business partners, including designers, suppliers, manufacturers, and customers.
- Collaborate efficiently with suppliers on product development, purchase-order management, invoice processing, and payment management.
With SAP ERP, you can maintain high levels of customer satisfaction, improve capital efficiency with better productivity in logistics, and reduce costs by lowering inventory levels and consolidating shipments through support of the following business activities:
- Inventory and warehouse management
- Record and track the quantity and value of all materials, perform physical inventory, and optimize all warehouse resources.
- Plan, enter, and document warehouse-internal stock movements by managing goods receipts, goods issues, storage, picking and packing, physical stock transfers, and transfer postings.
- Manage workload planning, wave picking and order consolidation, radio frequency and barcode scanning, handling-unit management, cross-docking, and real-time monitoring of all activities.
- Inbound and outbound logistics
- Facilitate the movement of incoming and outgoing physical goods, including logistics involving multiple manufacturers and customers.
- Support inbound processing with capabilities to monitor the receipt of goods, track external demand, handle advanced shipping notifications, and manage in-yard activities.
- Operate outbound processes, including posting goods issues, monitoring delivery and distribution activities, and documenting proof of delivery.
- Transportation management
- Create optimized transportation plans, execute plans, and monitor shipments to deliver products on time and on budget.
- Apply flexible options for consolidating deliveries and orders into shipments, including rule-based automation, manual consolidation, and collaborative order combination through the Internet.
- Manage the multiple processes and reports required for foreign trade.