Features & Functions of SAP ERP
SAP ERP gives your executives, HR professionals, and line managers reporting and analysis options that provide real-time insight into your workforce. They can identify trends at an early stage and make well-informed decisions, enabling you to manage your human capital more effectively, predict human-capital investment demands, and track workforce costs and the ROI associated with HR projects.
SAP ERP provides you with more than 600 HCM predefined reports and 90 key performance indicators (KPIs) to help your organization identify issues and opportunities related to your most important asset – your people. And it supports a collaborative environment that promotes action. So you get a seamless, timely connection between insights and actions.
SAP ERP includes features and functions that support these business activities:
- Workforce planning
- Understand current workforce trends – and plan future needs – by using workforce demographic data.
- Use predefined reports to analyze headcount development, turnover rates, and workforce composition.
- Link the results of this analysis directly into headcount planning, budgeting, and key talent processes, such as recruiting and learning.
- Workforce cost planning and simulation
- Support HR professionals in all workforce cost-planning tasks, and empower HR executives to develop effective strategies.
- Provide access to a broad range of workforce-related data to support accurate planning, facilitate simulated planning scenarios, and enable continuous monitoring of actual performance relative to plan.
- Workforce benchmarking
- Measure standard workforce processes.
- Compare the measurements with external benchmarks and internal operating thresholds.
- Workforce process analytics and measurement
- Measure and analyze typical core HR processes, such as payroll, employee administration, time management, and benefits. Analyze organizational structures, relationships, and attributes of jobs and positions.
- Talent management analytics and measurement
- Analyze employee skills and qualifications
- Evaluate the efficiency of your recruiting processes
- Measure the effectiveness of your learning programs
- Assess how well your succession programs prepare your employees to assume key positions – and ensure continuity of operations
- Monitor the progress of aligning employee goals with corporate goals
- Analyze the cost-effectiveness of employee compensation programs
- Strategic alignment
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with the strategic goals of your organization.
- Help employee teams work toward common objectives, regardless of location.
- Use a balanced scorecard framework, with predefined workforce scorecards that can be integrated into department and individual management-by-objective (MBO) documents to align employee goals with corporate strategy.