SAP Environment, Health & Safety
Meet Standards, Minimize Risk, Support Prevention
Today, companies around the world must contend with increasing complexity – not only in products and processes, but also in the growing number of regulations focusing on occupational health, safety, and environmental issues.
The SAP Environment, Health & Safety (SAP EH&S) application supports environment, health, and safety processes, as well as management of industrial hygiene, safety, and occupational health processes. SAP EH&S helps you ensure compliance with regulations for product safety, hazardous substances, dangerous goods, and waste management, so you can:
- Meet global, federal and regional standards for chemical compliance – Manage your compliance requirements, including Clean Air Act, U.S. EPA regulations, and the foundation to support REACH and many other requirements.
- Ensure product safety and hazardous substance management – Improve product safety through automatic product composition calculation, rule-based material safety data sheets (MSDS) authoring, automatic MSDS generation, global label management, and MSDS shipping. Generate inventory reports for hazardous substances, and use a substance information search solution to block or approve the purchase of hazardous materials.
- Track dangerous goods – Store and manage regulatory data, classify dangerous goods, perform checks during packaging and transport, compile and update dangerous goods documentation, and automatically supply data to other applications for use in delivery notes and packing lists. Identify appropriate packaging and transportation channels automatically, and ensure that shipments comply with regulations before leaving the premises.
- Manage waste disposal – Comply with waste disposal laws and regulations with functions that help ensure the efficient disposal of both hazardous and nonhazardous waste. Manage waste data, create hazardous waste permits, select disposal firms, allocate disposal costs among internal departments, and ensure that authorized waste quantities are not exceeded.
- Identify and minimize employee health risks – Enhance employee health and safety with complete support for industrial hygiene, safety, and occupational health, so you can ensure compliance with government safety regulations.
- Support preventive healthcare – Use the automatic proposal of health surveillance protocols based on employee-specific exposure situations, and monitor the results of medical examinations and diagnoses.
Customers Interested in SAP Environment, Health & Safety May Also be Interested In: