SAP UNIVERSITY ALLIANCES PROGRAM:
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
The SAP University Alliances program is a global endeavor that provides university faculty members with the tools and resources necessary to teach students how technology can enable integrated business processes and strategic thinking – and gives students the skills to add immediate value to the marketplace.
SAP University Alliances member schools gain access to the SAP Business Suite family of solutions, including SAP ERP. This comprehensive business software suite supports business, engineering, and information technology programs, enabling students to put classroom theory into practice through demonstrations, exercises and problem-solving, case studies, and research programs.
Through hands-on experience with SAP solutions, program members gain insight into how technology can empower a business to optimize key processes such as accounting and controlling, human capital management, project planning, plant and materials management, and sales and distribution.
The program also provides valuable services tailored to the needs of each country in which the program operates. Services can include:
- Hosting services – Members access SAP Business Suite via hosting from university competency centers – so there's no need for schools to invest in a costly hardware infrastructure to participate.
- Curriculum support – SAP sponsors professional development and networking opportunities such as the annual Curriculum Congress. In addition, SAP continually funds new curriculum efforts in order to build a bank of faculty-developed course materials to be shared among member campuses.
- Faculty training – Faculty can take advantage of SAP-sponsored workshops designed to meet their needs, along with a variety of SAP customer training classes.
- Access to dedicated Web site – The Innovation Watch Web site provides the latest information on SAP events, research, and curriculum materials available for download.
- Collaboration – SAP encourages, reinforces, and rewards programs that foster collaboration and sharing.
Participation in the SAP University Alliances program and fees for annual program membership vary by country. For country-specific information, please email your Country Program manager.